4th Test: England v Australia at Leeds

^Great stuff mate. I fell over laughing when England had Broad at #7. It has just played into Australia's hands beautifully.

Interesting how our best performances have come with no spinner. In SA when we used 4 seamers we were 2-0, bring in the spinner and we go 2-1 down although there was other factors. Over here 3 spinner is first 3 matches leading to a 1-0 deficit, bring in the 4 seamers and we are looking at 1-1.

And yet Hauritz played well. It augers well for the future that Hauritz CAN be trusted when we need a spinner to play.

Lee wont play i dont think. All our bowlers are bowling well so far, and i reckon we`ll go to the 5th test with an unchanged bowling line-up.

Yeah I feel sorry for Lee. I would love to see him share the new ball with Hilfy as Siddle, Clark and Mitch all seem better as 1st change bowlers to me. But as you say, good luck cracking the side now. I say Siddle and Clark are the bottom two in the pecking order, and I'd love to see Lee and Hauritz come back for those two. But it wouldn't be a necessary change that's for sure.

And finally, give us one more wicket in Cardiff and this series would be OVER right now. England have been lucky.

Last edited:
Drop Cook, drop bopara, drop bell, drop collingwood.

Replace with Key,Denly,Trott, and one other, shah maybe?

Seriously, our batters look in terrible form.

Collingwood, Bell, Bopara, Cook are batters!? :eek:

Sh*t thats quite hard to believe, thought they were tail-enders. My bad.

Interesting how our best performances have come with no spinner. In SA when we used 4 seamers we were 2-0, bring in the spinner and we go 2-1 down although there was other factors. Over here 3 spinner is first 3 matches leading to a 1-0 deficit, bring in the 4 seamers and we are looking at 1-1.
So we can safely conclude that Hauritz makes Johnson bowl badly?

Hahahaha. Where's King Pietersen now. Is he going to go and hide after North actually makes some runs? What's your excuse for that one KP? Your English guys batted like crap so it must've been a terrible pitch, and now North goes and hits 100 on it? Oh no, perhaps it must've changed to a flat track whilst we were batting - yep, that's the old excuse isn't it.

Have to give it to North, he's looking really good, even with the bowlers bowling well. That cover drive in the last over was excellent.

Broad has been much better in this game, been the pick of Englands bowlers. Deserves a 5fer.

Excellent hundred from North, played superbly today. Words eaten.

Fair enough Zorax, well quoted.

I take back my comment anyway, good on ya KP for admitting you were wrong.

I've been gutted at how quick the Test Match has been played out thanks to Englands rampantness - I had tickets for the 4th & 5th days..... I had been looking forward to this for 4 years :crying

So I've had to cancel my hotel this morning luckily got refund....will also get refund on Day 4 tickets. ........But I've lost my money on my flights over from ireland and for Day 5 tickets 140quid in total!!! :crying :crying :crying

Last edited:
Come on Prior, get England to atleast 150 please

Well not all bad for England, bound to lose Anderson sooner or later. Now we are into the players that can take this out a bit longer.

Just poor bowling by Johnson and poor tactics by Ponting asking him to bowl there. Prior will have a go at anything in his zone.

Users who are viewing this thread