4th Test: England v Australia at Leeds

:hpraise Johnson, its taken him 8 innings but he has finally recaptured his SA form. Fell asleep after we lost Haddin but congrats to North he has shown the consistency and fight that got him picked in the side.

Good to see Johnson at his best, he is bowling good line and length, and good pace as well. Series should level 1-1, and should be a massive 5th test.

Watching the highlights now, for an issue karnog raised earlier, North does indeed have a sweep shot and a slog sweep :)

And I can see we won't be seeing the last of Broad this series, England won't drop the guy who got a 6 fer.

Man, I was going to go to bed at about 58-0, then Hilfy got a wicket. You know what happened next, I was up until 3:30.

I was gone by then but I caught a glimpse of the score and England were 0/40 couldn't bring myself to wake up. Oh well the highlights have caught me up again, the Bopara call was 50/50 if you are Australian you would say it hit the pad first, if you are English you will say it hit the bat.

Johnson spell was SA like, his bouncer looked a lot more threatening, his control was great and again he got a bit of movement. Gutted North dropped Prior, could have wrapped up the match very quickly otherwise.

Aus in commanding position here,they are still leading by 261,and just needs 5 wickets,they 'might' win in 1-2 session...A very good comeback..

Other than openers no one was able to survive yesterday,a very poosr performnance by England in this test overall,they have failed in both the inngs...Aus really have made a good comeback, Ashes once again at his best and good to see its not one sided like the previous 07, if Aus wins this today (as the situation tells they might win in 1-2 sessions), the 5th test will be the decider,good to see the series verdict will come out in the final test the last test...

Last edited:
Hahahaha. Where's King Pietersen now. Is he going to go and hide after North actually makes some runs? What's your excuse for that one KP? Your English guys batted like crap so it must've been a terrible pitch, and now North goes and hits 100 on it? Oh no, perhaps it must've changed to a flat track whilst we were batting - yep, that's the old excuse isn't it.

Watching the highlights now, for an issue karnog raised earlier, North does indeed have a sweep shot and a slog sweep :)

And I can see we won't be seeing the last of Broad this series, England won't drop the guy who got a 6 fer.

Very happy to see that. What a way to a hundred.

Users who are viewing this thread