4th Test: England v Australia at Leeds

Brad Haddin take a bow. Almost as good as Prior's off North in the last Test, that was excellent. Prior gone, still looked like one of our better players in that innings.

About time Haddin took a ripper, now just needs to keep it up.

Great bowling once again from Hilfy, certainly showing he can take wickets without the swing.

Prior's wasn't that great last test, I'll have to watch the highlights too see how good this one was though.

Prior's wasn't that great last test, I'll have to watch the highlights too see how good this one was though.

It wasn't anything amazing to be honest. Just 1 handed and lowish. Very good catch, not saying it wasn't. I guess since it was Haddin who took it it made it better.

Hilfy is the star for me. He's awesome.

edit: Holding's suggestion for England batting is ridiculous. 2 keepers? Really?

Last edited:
Talk about radical changes called by Holding. Prior as a batter? Bopara still in the side only moved to 4, Key at 3 and Froster keeper.

Key's improved as the season's gone on, averaging 52, but I'd rather have Carberry in the side tbh. Carberry's averaging 58.50, with 3 hundreds and 6 fifties. Not a great indication of anything though tbh, as Bell's averaging 80 this season, and Hughes came to England and averaged over 100. Trott should definitely play though, he should have been included in this game, and should definitely play at the Oval after this performance. We will see the same old XI, same batting line-up but with Fred at 7 at Harmison out.

I'd rather see:

Strauss
Cook/Key
Carberry
Trott
Collingwood/Bopara
Prior +
Flintoff

But that won't happen, I'd be amazed if we make another change after bringing Fred back in.

Might see Bopara dropped but thats the only one I can see.

Siddle not having quite the same luck this time round from bouncing Swann.

Brad Haddin take a bow. Almost as good as Prior's off North in the last Test, that was excellent. Prior gone, still looked like one of our better players in that innings.
I'd say Prior's effort was poor in the sense that it should have been first slip's catch. Had he parried it instead everyone would be after his throat. Haddin's catch is far better as he was the only one who could reach it, and it was low.

I can see Bopara and Bell being dropped if they decide to make changes. Cook will keep his place, as will Collingwood, but there's a chance that Bopara and Bell could both be dropped, and I see the England selectors calling up Trott and one of Key, Joyce or Morgan. I don't see Carberry being picked, despite having a good season, he's been discarded from the Lions squad and it seems they may have drawn a line under his chances. Any calls of Ramprakash coming back in are laughable as well, we want someone who's not got a reputation for bottling it at the top level, not another Test bottler.

Nice Ramprakash hate as well, 5 county hundreds so far and first man to 1000 runs. It's his home ground as well. Don't see why we shouldn't give him a go tbh. He's better than Bopara and Bell.

Users who are viewing this thread