'A' Championship V | Grand Finale! Who won?

Should the team rankings be scrapped and reset?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

Varun

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There will be, but probably in June now. :p Meanwhile, I'm planning on adding some story-like elements to the story in preparation of the inevitable career diary when DBC comes out.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Jesus Christ !!!!!

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
It feels great to win a league but I would South Africa did well to setup a final clash with us by crushing England by it was another story with us. To be fair, we had quite a lot of players who have/have been playing for the senior team so obviously we were the stronger team but to actually win it all is great! Irfan's 2 wickets were icing on the cake after a very average season for him. Fawad was brilliant with the bat and I think he is not a bad bowler too but thanks to Saeed Anwar Jnr and man with the golden arm for us this season, Azhar Ali we never really needed him. I was eagerly waiting for the first class season to start off and see how the likes of Azhar, Asad, Irfan, Latif and Alam perform. They are a very good players for the FC so obviously they would have done better than they did in the one dayers. I felt a few teams were not full strength. Australia and India to start with. They left a few players who would have been key members in their squad. Anyway, their loss was our gain. Thanks Varun for this wonderful league and thanks to all the managers for making it an exciting tournament.

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Congratulations Samuels!

Also a big thank you to Varun. I enjoyed the league and would be happy to continue whenever it starts next.

Not sure what else to say. Pakistan A had a strong side, so I would of been surprised if we had won. Was pleased to make the final. :)

Varun

ICC Board Member
Thank you guys, the FC season will be there as soon as possible. I posted the playoffs amidst exams so missed quite a few things I planned. First, I'll get on with them.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Australia and India to start with.

Here the honorable mention goes to @Simon. Although the team didn't make the playoffs - mostly because the Kiwi top order was too fragile and they couldn't perform well on Dusty pitches which were apparently the most favourite pitches this season, and maybe not playing Rob Nicol much also harmed - Simon wins the accolades for compiling one of the best teams from a country where the only excellent performers were Corey Anderson, Colin Munro and Mitchell McClenaghan. What was a remarkable move though, was selecting Wasim Akram as the coach. With over half of the bowling attack left handed, it gave them a huge boost.

Also, I'm slightly disappointed with @Vivek7 for dropping Rahul Sharma at the crucial stages and @VC the slogger for playing Moises Henriques till the end. Rahul Sharma clearly was the best player on the team, and would probably we contesting in the leading wicket takers category if not for all the games missed. As for Moises Henriques, Mitchell Marsh was clearly the better batting option. Aaron Finch getting out of form later in the season was another reason for their failures, although Klinger did more than enough to make up.

Another honorable mention to @Dipakand @Aggz for playing their games on a Wet pitch and utilizing their bowlers to a greater extent than they were being. Clearly worked. @The Author did as good a job as he could, which shows in the West Indies bowling attack and the occasional wins, but the batting lineup was weakest in the league and it was not even close. Jason Mohammed could've helped, but then that wouldn't have been enough to make the playoffs. Narsingh Deonarine was amazing though. Also, @Umair2000 had an amazing, well researched squad, though surprisingly it was Jeevan Mendis who led all the bowlers in wickets, despite having a base bowling rating of just 30. That spin bowling lineup was too great, even though they weren't all rated extremely good. More feedback as we go.

It's no wonder that eventually the league was dominated by the batting teams, since both the finalists were actually just average in bowling.

EDIT: Vivek7 also didn't select a whole lot of good batsmen, with the exception of Pujara who was underwhelming by his standards while Murali Vijay wasn't being played. Someone like Abhinav Mukund or Saurabh Tiwary would have been great, but he went with Parvez Rasool and Jiwanjot Singh. Vijay Zol actually was alright.

Last edited:

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Don't want to sound heady but I guess Aggz and I managed the Lions really well and we do get along together.

I'll obviously continue with the Test Series and hope even @Aggz does.

Aggz

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Don't want to sound heady but I guess Aggz and I managed the Lions really well and we do get along together.

I'll obviously continue with the Test Series and hope even @Aggz does.

Wow, we have a Test Series too? Awesome, I'd love to continue alongside Dipak. :)

Varun

ICC Board Member
I was eagerly waiting for the first class season to start off and see how the likes of Azhar, Asad, Irfan, Latif and Alam perform.

Depends if they are eligible. :p I haven't set the eligibility for FCs yet, though 20 seems like a crisp number. I'd consider most players 'regular fixtures in the Test team' if they've played more than 20 tests. Also, I'm planning for players who've been long dropped from their sides to be allowed in the squads, something that happened in a limited way in the last few seasons, but not this one.

VC the slogger

PlanetCricket Forever
India
AFG...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Also, I'm slightly disappointed with @Vivek7 for dropping Rahul Sharma at the crucial stages and @VC the slogger for playing Moises Henriques till the end.

What more could I do when I had a squad of 18 players out of which three/four were clearly passengers in my eyes? Big names like Maxwell too played quite poorly and left us to hang out dry.

Varun

ICC Board Member
I agree, Mr Nokkaya didn't select a brilliant squad either.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag