A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

well i dont have the 2nd patch with me, have to rely on mattw. if there is a improvement, ones i get my hands on it, ill be the first one to apologize :cheers

well i dont have the 2nd patch with me, have to rely on mattw. if there is a improvement, ones i get my hands on it, ill be the first one to apologize :cheers

how about not going off half cocked and then there's no need to apologise :p

fields in patch#2 are improved and are "legal".

@Ross : Thank you so much for the LBW Bars would be very useful..And glad to hear that edges have also improved when bowling to the AI..:cheers:thumbs

how about not going off half cocked and then there's no need to apologise :p

fields in patch#2 are improved and are "legal".

thats all i need to know !! apologies in advance

----------

this is the wrong tread to say this but ross why don't you guys just remove all the non cricketing default field settings from the game,

have they taken to fielder directly behind the bowler away as its annoying:)

Man, people are pissed off about Patch 2 already?

I remember when Ashes Cricket 2009 went without a single patch after Tramsmission went under. I wasn't too happy but whatever, I kept playing it.

Now we have a game where the developers not only monitor but also act on feedback, suggestions and complaints - something I personally have not seen before. Patch 1 was out in no time with significant improvements, and Patch 2 almost here. We've also been gauranteed a third patch.

And still a minority throw their toys and crack the shits! Unbelievable.

have the AI fielders speed been nerfed????

they were really super human fast....

I remember when Ashes Cricket 2009 went without a single patch after Tramsmission went under. I wasn't too happy but whatever, I kept playing it.

Now we have a game where the developers not only monitor but also act on feedback, suggestions and complaints - something I personally have not seen before. Patch 1 was out in no time with significant improvements, and Patch 2 almost here. We've also been gauranteed a third patch.

I agree. Second patch within a couple of months of release, masses of feedback asked and taken into account and people still manage to bitch and moan.....................unbelievable commitment from all the guys at BA and instead of lauding the positives people jump on what they feel isnt there......to those people a message from the Pope: Thanks for all the flowers , now sod off.

I have only seen one guy mention something , and I would not call it throwing his toys.

----------

@Dutch

Are you speaking to me mate ?

I have only seen one guy mention something , and I would not call it throwing his toys.

I dont think he is just refering to this particular thread.....I am not in any case. I am not speaking to anyone in particular. I just think it brilliant that @BigAntStudios get Matt on board, give him time to take the patch through its paces, report to us....it is quite unprecedented and people are very very quick to overlook that. Look what time it is in Melbourne right now and see who is online and following this thread.....they dont have to do that. But they do because they generally like being at PC and they stand by their product and want to improve it.

I remember Mike and co being in the office at 2 in the morning on a Saturday just to get a video to us. These guys have earnt utter respect. Doesnt mean we all have to be yes men or take everything on a silver spoon but some people could well do worth counting to 35987621 before they post something....

Last edited by a moderator:
thats all i need to know !! apologies in advance

----------

this is the wrong tread to say this but ross why don't you guys just remove all the non cricketing default field settings from the game,

In effect we have - the AI will not choose them, but they are still there for human - we can't just remove as they are now part of a users save profile - however, you can go in and remove them in the academy and make the fields you want to use for human teams.

Recorded a nice long video of a match - audio out of sync...

Will try again.

Does that invalidate my point? There are a lot of threads and a lot of toys being thrown. Not to mention a lot of emotive 'demands' in this one.

I stand by the point I was making.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread