A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

I guess we are all hanging on to hear about the AI improvements, how well they are holding up in the game. Great to hear the edges have improved. Thanks for sharing Matt and great that BA have got you involved......

MAtt:
4382483+_f35e22015e6d76a93822c748d39bfa30.png

The field placements right at the end of the video are promising. Especially if the edges have been overhauled to the extent Matt has alluded to.

And to add to that the bowler bowled on off stump and that too in swing..:yes

Since youtube is inaccessible still here in Pakistan, can you please type all that for likes of us.
- Option to start your career at 16, 21, 26 or 31 - with more skill points to start with the older you begin.
- Play in the nets for 60 balls between matches, with 1 skill point added per 6 balls hit.
- Match Practice now shows bowling speed or RPM
- Online Tournaments

1. Is there still the dramatic change in speed between Fastest 158km/h ball and slow ball 98km/h when bowling with Steyn for example.
No. I just bowled an over - three balls going fully at it - got 151 on all three, bowled three balls trying all the excessively slow tricks - 123, 136, 123.

3. Is the under powered Sweep shots more powerfull now or not.
There's no 'slog sweep' but I can sweep it to the boundary for four easy enough.

2. I presume you cannot "test" Online as there will be no one to play with at this point , or have yourself and BA managed to connect and test out all the changes there ?
I'm fairly sure Mikey is scared of playing against me after how badly he did last time - but I want to test it online (and will even use WiFi on my PC when I do that) so whenever I can organise it that'll happen.

Any new shots available??
No.

@MattW

Important Question (As we all think ours is)

In the Online tournament mode , I only see options for 4/8/12 teams in Knockout Competition. Is there other modes like normal 6 sides playing for points until a semi and final as per most existing "domestic" leagues.

I`m asking this as its pertinent that these be included , otherwise all of our Online Tournaments will be slightly screwed in the sense that theyre points based leagues and may only have 6 or 10 Teams in them.

Thanks for the video matt bit of a teaser and great work by BA new cool additions.
few questions if you can answer pls.

How about fielders are they still fly to catch or they are toned down ??

Possibility to play on front foot and back foot ? any additional helpers while batting or you still play mostly premeditated on front foot ?

MattW i would love to know how the edges are when we are batting also, as i have worked out batting now. I can score 500 totals on pro easy now.:D

I take it that Non-Aus/Non-Eng career is not added as part of Patch 2?

In the Online tournament mode , I only see options for 4/8/12 teams in Knockout Competition. Is there other modes like normal 6 sides playing for points until a semi and final as per most existing "domestic" leagues.
Just knockout for 4/8/16 teams.

How about fielders are they still fly to catch or they are toned down ??
I've had a number of occasions now where in the outfield they would run 30 metres only to then drop the catch - happens about as often as those chances being taken. More drops when I'm bowling of course :mad

Possibility to play on front foot and back foot ? any additional helpers while batting or you still play mostly premeditated on front foot ?
The thing that helps is that now the bowling on Pro difficulty isn't an absolute walk in the park, so those who bumped it up to Veteran to be able to get a decent bowling experience but then can't bat could find a good medium with how they have adjusted the Pro difficulty.

Otherwise, no. There's no additional assists or anything. I find I can play without premeditation, but then there's plenty of times I'll see the length and still do the wrong thing because coordination.

MattW i would love to know how the edges are when we are batting also, as i have worked out batting now. I can score 500 totals on pro easy now.
Per my other comments, I'm simply not good enough at batting to really push the AI to answer this.

Side note:
PK0Up20.png

@MattW has the over-emphasised batting talent of the tailenders been adressed, especially when simulating?

cheers @MattW thanks for the answers mate cant wait for PC version and Patch now.

No, default fields can't be edited.

So are the default fields improved

More importantly are there separate fields for one day games and test matches or can you still get 4 slips in 17th over of T20?

Users who are viewing this thread