A first look at patch 2! [new video on page 29]

hi all.not been on here for a while. game is v good but hoping patxh 2 will help with online black screen & laggy:cheers:

hi all.not been on here for a while. game is v good but hoping patxh 2 will help with online black screen & laggy:cheers:

Laggy mainly because either of the players using wifi caused it which has been resolved...But don't know about black screen though..

@MattW

Thanks for the feedback mate.

Pity about the Knockout only mode for online , as it gets us online tournament guys no where closer . But its still some step in the right direction , and I applaud that immensely.

@MattW has the over-emphasised batting talent of the tailenders been adressed, especially when simulating?
You still see it from time to time, but seems a bit less common going off flicking through some old scorecards. I haven't had a 100 partnership between the last two yet.

So are the default fields improved

More importantly are there separate fields for one day games and test matches or can you still get 4 slips in 17th over of T20?
I don't believe the default fields have been changed. The AI does seem to do a better job of choosing fields - I haven't seen weird double ups of players in basically the same spot or right behind eachother.

I really need to get a lot more time in batting before really getting a sense of things though.

If pressed, I'd say it's not significantly better and still a weak point.

---

Other feature I just remembered - you have a full choice of cameras in career mode now.

Does the AI bat smartly in career mode i.e the other player I am playing with??

Laggy mainly because either of the players using wifi caused it which has been resolved...But don't know about black screen though..

There`s (2) types of Black Screen he could be referring to :

1. The one happens right after the shot is played in online mode coupled with the need to press the run button about 3 - 4 times before it registers.

This one happens when the lag issues rears its head.

2. Second black screen is the more worrying one where somewhere in the game at a random point , you get black screen , with sound still coming through , and only way to get out is restarting DBC/Console. This one also manifests itself mostly when there is LAG issues.

So I would guess by "fixing" the WiFi issues that causes the lag , they would have fixed both of the above Black Screen problems.

@MattW will only be able to give feedback on this once he gets BA for an online matchup.

He hasn't spent enough time batting to make calls on batting...why would that be any different for the AI batsman?

Ross did promise the AI field settings will be fixed ?.. thats a bit of a let down i must say :mad

@MattW

Another thing to check in the online version :

The replay after a wicket has fallen . Currently you only see the end result of ball lying next to the stumps. Holding thumbs that we can actually see what caused everything through a better replay in online mode.

well you did, didn't you, according to Mattw there is not a very notable improvement

I stand by my point - very quick to judge..... I think you need to read the post from MattW more closely.

Users who are viewing this thread