A-League 08/09

Saw the rest of the CC and Jets replay. Both teams blew it in the end so I guess 1 point each is fair even though the Jets ran allm over CC

That was a good result for us. We had many players out and we held off melbourne and can be proud of a 0-0 draw. Payne did ok on his debut, was a bit soft at times and let muscat get all over him but hes only 17 to be fair. Melbourne had many chances but Bolton was very brave last night, hats off to him. It was a good game I reckon. Probably the best 0-0 game I've seen.

Feelin Blue? added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Very average game between Melbourne and Sydney,

Just because Melbourne blew it ;)

I wonder if Adam (the kid who won Football Superstar) will feature in any of Sydney's games this season, particuarly cause they have all of these injuries.

He injured his leg (?) and is out for a year. Otherwise he probabaly would have made an appearance.

:eek:did he, that sucks, i like him. Football Superstar wont be happy, dont think he'd get another contract would he?

What a game last night between Perth and Newcastle, Perth should have got the points, but Jade North Scored in the 94th to draw it at 3-3

He injured his leg (?) and is out for a year. Otherwise he probabaly would have made an appearance.

Really. I didn't know that. Well hopefully they can try and get him on the park sometime this season.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/a-league/mitchell-hits-out-at-referee-129203/
Perth Glory Coach David Mitchell could find himself in hot water with Football Federation Australia after criticising referee Craig Zetter after play against the Jets

The Glory looked on course for victory after grabbing a 3-2 lead in the 81st minute, only for Jets skipper Jade North to grab a dramatic 94th-minute equaliser with the final kick of the match.

In his post-match press conference, Mitchell was fuming that Zetter added four minutes of stoppage time in the second half, while the coach also disputed the merits of a first-half penalty to Joel Griffiths, who was clearly fouled by Dino Djulbic outside the penalty box.

Mitchell said his team were "robbed" of the three points and insinuated Zetter had also made crucial mistakes in previous matches involving Perth.

"It (the foul on Griffiths) was outside the box, I think everybody saw that was clear," Mitchell said.

"I think every time we get this referee we just have a bit of bad luck you know, so that's unfortunate."

When asked whether Zetter had cost Glory games in the past, Mitchell replied: "Good question.

"I wasn't in charge then, since I've been in charge ... anyway, I won't say it, I won't get myself into trouble, I can't afford a fine, we are not allowed to say anything.

"I don't know where the four minutes (of stoppage time) came from, and then he stopped time for the last minute.

"(The players are) gutted. They all felt 'where did the four minutes come from?', and then it extended, it felt like six minutes in the end. Where that came from we don't know - bitterly disappointed.

"It feels like a loss.

"We've picked up a point, it should have been three, there's no denying that fact, and I think Newcastle found themselves very lucky today."

Mitchell is no stranger to controversy.

Last November, Mitchell was handed a one-match sideline suspension after kicking a water bottle onto the field during his team's 1-0 loss to Central Coast.

Newcastle coach Gary Van Egmond was surprisingly disappointed with the 3-3 result despite escaping with a last-minute draw for the second time in as many weeks.

"Realistically, after the first half, the game should have been dead and buried, we should have capitalised on our opportunities and been more ruthless in front of goal," Van Egmond said.

"But it tends to be a situation that when you are not ruthless in front of goal and you don't go on with it you invite the other team back in and that's exactly what we did."

Van Egmond was clearly disappointed with the efforts of central defenders North and Adam Griffiths.

"We just need to have a bit more of an awareness," he said.

"I thought both fullbacks were probably the poorest they've been and we rely heavily on the fullbacks getting involved in the play and also working hard on the defensive side of things."
Hahaha owned!

Really. I didn't know that. Well hopefully they can try and get him on the park sometime this season.

Yeah I heard it during the sydney and melbourne match.

Glad to see sydney win (well i didn't actually see the match). 4 points from the first 2 matches is a nice start. Carn sydney!

yer just had a look around about Mr Football Superstar Adam Hett and hes done something to ligaments in his knee, unlucky

Sydney FC 5- 2 Perth Glory...

It's nearly as good! lol

Dominance by sydney fc in the pouring rain. The last 2 games at the SFS have been 0-0 draws so good to get 7 goals in the game.

lol only difference is you were playing Perth.... and they scored twice

we were signing we hate sydney for a good 10 minutes on Friday :D:p

Users who are viewing this thread