A-League 08/09

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I cant wait! Starts tomorrow with Central Coast vs Newcastle but Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory is on saturday night and that will be a cracker!

Round 1
Newcastle Jets FC vs Central Coast Mariners FC 8.00 PM EnergyAustralia Stadium, Newcastle

Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory FC 7.00 PM Sydney Football Stadium

Adelaide United FC vs Perth Glory FC 4.30 PM Hindmarsh Stadium, Adelaide

Wellington Phoenix FC vs Queensland Roar FC 5.00 PM Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Come on Sydney!!

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Sydney have Clint Bolton, John Aloisi, Simon Colosimo, Tony Popovic and Steve Corcia. You dont know what your on about CDM.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
any big names ?

I think Adelaide,Wellington or Queensland Roar will win this season, mark my words.

cricketdudemad added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Sydney have Clint Bolton, John Aloisi, Simon Colosimo, Tony Popovic and Steve Corcia. You dont know what your on about CDM.

And Mark Bridge.... But Sydney dont have a good coach. Newcastle Jets have the best coach.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I think Adelaide,Wellington or Queensland Roar will win this season, mark my words.

Adelaide? Wellington? Adelaide are in all sorts this year, they have there asian champions league to worry about for one. There 2 best fowards Bruce Djite and Nathan Burns have both left the club this year leaving their attack very weak.

Wellington conceeded 37 goals last year. Although they will be a better team this year to think they will go from last to winners is a joke.

Its Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland that are the contendors.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Adelaide? Wellington? Adelaide are in all sorts this year, they have there asian champions league to worry about for one. There 2 best fowards Bruce Djite and Nathan Burns have both left the club this year leaving their attack very weak.

Wellington conceeded 37 goals last year. Although they will be a better team this year to think they will go from last to winners is a joke.

Its Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland that are the contendors.

I doubt Melbourne will win. Adelaide are a much better side than last year. They have Cristiano, Paul Agostino, Scott Jamieson, Diego, Cassio, Alemao and Paul Reid. All new players. Many of them are attacking players. Cristiano replaces Burns and Agostino replaces Djite. Many of them also South Americans(mainy Brazil).

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with FB. It has to be between Melbourne and Sydney this season. Adelaide have new guys which is means you do not know how they'll fare. Their Brazilians are massively over-rated as well.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I doubt Melbourne will win. Adelaide are a much better side than last year. They have Cristiano, Paul Agostino, Scott Jamieson, Diego, Cassio, Alemao and Paul Reid. All new players. Many of them are attacking players. Cristiano replaces Burns and Agostino replaces Djite. Many of them also South Americans(mainy Brazil).

That doesn't make them a better side. Burns and Djite were argueably the best attacking formation in the A-League (or so I read, didn't really watch it too much last year). You cant just replace that. Plus they have the asian champions league to worry about.

Who ended up winning out of Central Coast and the Jets?

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
That doesn't make them a better side. Burns and Djite were argueably the best attacking formation in the A-League (or so I read, didn't really watch it too much last year). You cant just replace that. Plus they have the asian champions league to worry about.

Who ended up winning out of Central Coast and the Jets?

And Vukovic actually striked mark Shield.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I meant last nights game. It was 0-0 after 55 minutes when I stopped watching it.

Oh It was 1-1. Newcastle completely dominated the game they were a class above. I really dont know how they didnt win. Central Coast scored in the 86th minute and then Joel Griffiths got a penalty in injury time. He scored it. In the match Newcastle hit the post and everything but couldnt score a normal goal. You could say Newcastle were lucky considering the context of the match but Central Coast didnt deserve the 3 points, let alone 1 point.

Sydney did very well last night since they have a lot of players out injured. 9 players were on debut. Sydney hit the post in the second half. In the first half Sydney were a bit lucky to go in without a goal against them but in the second half maybe a bit unlucky to pinch a result. 0-0

Users who are viewing this thread