A New Liverpool Revolution?

JBlues08

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Most of the news there are the same as the one in reality. However, I'm more interested to see how Ambekar fares as a manager and how does he setup his team, his approach to games, what is his favored formation etc. :)

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Valencia agree loan deal for N'Gog
23rd July 2010

davidngog819898i.jpg

David N;Gog will spend a season on loan in Spain

Valencia have reached a deal with Liverpool to take the French under-21 striker David N'Gog on a season-long loan deal.

The 21-year-old arrives at the Mestalla two years after joining Liverpool from French side Paris Sanit-Germain where he attracted interest from former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez. The France international made twenty-four appearances for Liverpool last season, scoring five goals including the second against Manchester United in the 2-0 win at Anfield.

Valencia have been desperately seeking to add to their forward line following the departures of David Villa to Barcelona at the end of last season and David Silva to money bags Manchester City during the summer for a large fee.

N;Gog could be thrown straight into the mix for Valencia's friendly against Tottenham tomorrow. He is then due to join up with the France Under-21 squad for a match on Tuesday.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Sanits snap up Itandje
23rd July 2010

charlesitandje001.jpg

Itandje signs for Southampton

Liverpool have confirmed that keeper Charles Itandje has joined Southampton for an undisclosed fee which is reported to be in the region of ?1.3m. The French keeper has signed a three-year deal with the league one side having failed to make the first-team breakthrough at Anfield.

The 26-year-old joined Liverpool in July 2007 from French side RC Lens. But Itandje made only seven appearances for Liverpool before spending the last season on loan at Greek side Kavala.

Itandje told SkySports ahead of his move to Southampton, : I'm delighted to have signed for a such a great club like Southampton. They have a great history and I am happy I will get a lot of first team chances at Southampton. I hope I can grab that chance with both hands."

Last edited:

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Liverpool to play Randers FC in Europa League
23rd July 2010

europadraw.jpg

Liverpool face Danish side

Liverpool will face Randers FC in the third qualifying round of the Europa League after the Danish side beat Latvia's Skonto FC Riga 3-2 on aggregate.

Motherwell face Austrian club Austria Wein after beating FBK Kaunas 2-0 away to seal a 5-0 aggregate victory. Ireland's St. Patrick's Athletic beat Xazar 4-3 on aggregate thanks to two late goals, and will face Scotland's Hibernain in the next round.

Italian giants Palermo will face Bosnia's Sarajevo while German giants Stuttgart will travel to Georgian side Dinamo Tbilisi. Besiktas will face Slovenian's Gorica as CSKA(Sofia) will face Suduva.

Steaua Bucharest face Sweden's Elfsborg. Feyenoord and Galatasaray travel to Buducnost and Lezern respectively. La Liga side Getafe face Dinamo Tirana and Portuguese side Maritimo will play Belgium's Sint-Truiden.

The third qualifying round ties are due to be played on 30 July and 6 August.
Motherwell v Austria Wien
Hajduk v Zilina
Montpeillier v Shakhter Soligorsk
Palermo v Sarajevo
Krylia Sovetov v Slaven Belupo
CSKA(Sofia) v Suduva
Haladas v PAOK
Besiktas v Gorica
Liverpool v Randers FC
Dinamo Tbilisi v Stuttgart
Elfsborg v Steaua
OB v Omonoia
P.Ferreira v Fredrikstad
M.Haifa v Trnava
Jagiellonia v Slovan Liberec
Aris v IFK Gotenborg
Feyenoord v Buducnost
IFK Mariehamn v Grasshoppers
Dinamo Minsk v NAC Breda
Helsingborg v Valerenga
FC Vaslui v Rijeka
Galatasaray v Luzern
Rosenborg v Vojvodina
Metaburg D v Honved
M. Tel-Aviv v Flamurtari
Brondby v Pegeia
Red Star v KV Kortrijk
Tromso v Kosice
Wisla v Cherno more
Hibernain v St. Pat's Athletic
Maritmo v Sint-Truiden
Getafe v Dinamo Tirana

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
guardian_logo.gif

25th July, 2010
Reports: Liverpool to sign Basel defender Shaqiri

xherdanshaqiri.jpg

Liverpool are set to sign FC Basel's 18-year-old defender Xherdan Shaqiri, according to reports. Shaqiri, who has been described by scouts as a versatile and skillful defender, was also wanted by Manchester United and Chelsea, Milan and Juventus, claimed the Swiss newspaper BaslerZeitung.

The Basel chairman Gisela Oeri was quoted as saying: "It's actually a great opportunity, we would love to see Xherdan evolve at such a club. He is young and has all the abilities to make him one of the best players in the World. Liverpool is probably the right place for him to progress."

BaslerZeitung compared Shaqiri to Fulham's defender Philippe Senderos and added that the fee has not been disclosed but an agreement between Liverpool and Basel has been in place for weeks.

Shaqiri broke into the Basel side during the 2009-10 season and he played 32 times for the Swiss Super League champions scoring 4 goals. He was a surprise call-up for the Swiss national team at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
itvsportef7.jpg

25th July, 2010
Liverpool to bid for Suarez

uruguaysluissuarezcele0.jpg
Liverpool and Manchester United are to go head to head to sign Uruguayan World Cup star Luis Suarez in a ?20m deal from Dutch giants AFC Ajax.

Eredivisie side want a fee around ?25m, but with the player already stating his interest in a move to England, the Amsterdam club may listen to offers around ?20m from top English clubs.

Shantanu Ambekar is believed to be a huge admirer of the Ajax striker after his impressive performances for the club - where he has scored 78 times in 99 appearances - and also for his country during the World Cup in South Africa.

The Sun claims the Liverpool manager is even willing to sell Lucas and Ryan Babel to raise funds to secure Suarez's signature.

Manchester United are also keen on the player after their record signing Dimitar Berbatov failing to impress during his two years at the club and despite Javier Hernandez's arrival, Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson is known to be in the market for further additions.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Babel completes City move
26th July, 2010

ryanbabel001.jpg

Babel becomes City's 7th signing

Manchester City have signed Netherlands winger Ryan Babel from Liverpool on a two-year deal with an option of a third. No fee was announced by the club, but it had been reported that the 23-year-old would cost around 9.5million pounds.

Roberto Mancini makes Ryan Babel his seventh summer signing at the club. "This is a very good signing for Manchester City and I am pleased to bring Ryan to the club," the Italian told the club's website. "He is a young player who is already of a very high quality, but I think he can continue to improve at City.

"He can play a number of positions in midfield and attack, which is important. He has proved his ability in Netherlands and some with Liverpool and I think he can be a very important player for Manchester City in the Premier League."

Ryan Babel who failed to impress at Liverpool under Rafael Benitez said: "I am delighted to sign for Manchester City. They are top side and have top plans to succeed in the Premier League. I am here to help the club win trophies and I will give my 100% in doing so."

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Liverpool announce Shaqiri capture
26th July, 2010

97657hp2.jpg

Shaqiri becomes Liverpool's 10th signing

Liverpool have completed their tenth piece of summer transfer business during the summer with the ?4m arrival of Xherdan Shaqiri, the Switzerland international, from FC Basel.

"Xherdan is a player we have tracked for a few weeks now, but our efforts to get him here have always been delayed," Shantanu Ambekar, the Liverpool manager, said. "We are delighted to get him now as he is an exciting prospect. We like to get young players and develop them, and we will see that in Xhedran over the next one or two years."

Shaqiri's debut is likely to be delayed, however, with the 18-year-old defender has not been registered for the European squad and so has been ruled out of their Europa League third playoff match against Randers FC.

"I am very happy to join Liverpool," he said. "This is a big opportunity for me to play at such a great club. I am very excited to be here and I look forward to proving what I can do."

JBlues08

Club Captain
Of all teams, Basel? Can't wait to see what happens when the season starts.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Liverpool bid for Suarez accepted
28th July, 2010

luissuarez01.jpg

Suarez to join Liverpool if he passes the medical

AFC Ajax have confirmed they have accepted an offer which is reported to be in the region of ?20million from Liverpool for star striker Luis Suarez.

The Uruguayan World Cup star is currently en route to England for a medical tomorrow with a view to signing for the Reds before UEFA Europa League playoff round.

A statement on the Ajax website read: 'Striker Luis Suarez is travelling to England to have a medical at Liverpool Football Club, the club he will be transferred to after an agreement was reached by the two clubs pending the results of the medical.'

Suarez, 23, will strengthen a Liverpool strike force which was weakened after departures of David N'Gog to Valencia on a season long loan and Ryan Babel to Manchester City, if he does put pen to paper and complete a move to Shantanu Ambekar's men.

The former Groningen striker, who joined Ajax three years ago, has scored over 80 goals for the Amsterdam club in his 100 appearances. The Uruguayan has also been capped 36 times by his national side and has found the back of the net 13 times.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Liverpool stroll to success
29th July, 2010

reece310.jpg

Gerrard celebrates his goal with Joe Cole

Fans sang the praises of their heroes at Anfield as Liverpool ran out 4-0 winners over Randers Football Club in the first leg of the UEFA Europa League third qualifying round. A brace from skipper Steven Gerrard helped Liverpool to victory.

Argentine winger Maxi Rodriguez gave Liverpool the lead with a placed shot in the 15th minute. Striker Dirk Kuyt Liverpool's lead with a real poacher's effort on 26 minutes. Gerrard scored with a screamer from the edge of the area in the 30th minute to extend the lead further. There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout after 2 minutes as that man Gerrard popped up again with a powerful effort from the egde of the area/

Things went from bad to worse for Randers FC as tireless midfielder Morten Karlsen earned himself an early bath for persistent fouling on 61 minutes.

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Carragher(Wilson 46), Agger(Kyrgiakos 60), Konchesky, Maxi Rodriguez, Lucas, Gerrard(c)(Skrtel 46), Kuyt, Pacheco, Jovanovic.

Randers FC: Kakonje, Jensen, Ahmed, Arzumanyan, Abrahamsen, Hansen, Karslen(c)(s/o 61), Lorentzen, Beckmann(Johansen 46), Berg, Traore(Bay 32).

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hmmmm....... Where is Torres and what happened to Sunil Chhetri?

JBlues08

Club Captain
That was sure a comfortable victory against Randers FC. And lets see how Suarez fares in the Premier League. I do remember him scoring goals for Chelsea in one of your past stories.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
de8gu1.jpg

Liverpool capture Suarez
31st July, 2010

luissuarez20106716926.jpg

Suarez pens a four-year contract at Anfield

Liverpool have completed the signing of Uruguay striker Luis Suarez from Dutch club Ajax for an undisclosed fee which is reported to be in the region of ?20m.

Ambekar said: "We needed a striker who could partner Torres and at the same time would score goals for the team and remove some pressure of Torres. He was the right man for this job."

Luis Suarez will help to bolster the Liverpool strike force, with Ryan Babel and David N'Gog having recently departed. Ambekar added: "He has a great goal scoring record in the Netherlands and hopefully he can bring the same form in the Premier League. He has good pace and is decent in the air. He can also play as a winger or behind Torres."

The striker joined the Amsterdam club from Groningen three years ago. Since his arrival he has been on fire for de Amsterdammers scoring 80 goals in 100 appearances. Suarez becomes Liverpool's eleventh signing this summer since the departure of Rafael Benitez.

Suarez was part of Uruguay's memorable World Cup campaign in South Africa where they finished fourth. Suarez was one of the stars for his country as he helped Uruguay to reach the semi-finals of the tournament by netting in three goals in six appearances.

Suarez who signed a four-year contract at Anfield spoke to LFC TV: "I am delighted to be here. Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and is supported world wide. For me to play for such a big club is a dream come true. Hopefully I can score the same amound of goals for Liverpool as I did for Ajax."

Users who are viewing this thread