AC13 in the press - check here before posting articles

There is no way a cricket fan would buy GTA or Fifa over Cricket 14. This is THE Game we have been waiting for ages now. I will not be putting any game above Cricket 14. I have specially bought a PS 3 just so that I could take advantage of the created teams and play online with wonderful member of PC. :thumbs

----------

When Ross finally announces the date, we will definitely want a count down clock here on PC.

Biggest difference between Ashes 13 and Cricket 14 is that I'll buy ashes only if it releases when i have some spare cash left while for Cricket 14 I'm willing to set aside a certain amount soon as i get to know how much it gonna cost.

There is no way a cricket fan would buy GTA or Fifa over Cricket 14. This is THE Game we have been waiting for ages now. I will not be putting any game above Cricket 14. I have specially bought a PS 3 just so that I could take advantage of the created teams and play online with wonderful member of PC. :thumbs

----------

When Ross finally announces the date, we will definitely want a count down clock here on PC.

I think you are missing the point. Hardcore cricket gaming fans, including all the regulars at PC, will surely buy the game. But the make or break part is whether majority of casual gaming fans will buy the product as you can't assume a cricket fan is a cricket gaming fan as well. As an example, I know quite a few cricket fans but out of all those there are only 2 others who actually are into cricket gaming and even then I have to push those 2 to buy the games! They are the sort who will play it if they get it but don't look orward to the games like I do.

Cricket is not like soccer or American football (NFL) or baseball (MLB) where there's enough hardcore gaming fans who will buy the games and that's why cricket will need to compete with other games to be a viable product for the developers & publishers. Once cricket establishes the critical mass of hardcore gaming fans, we will have an annual franchise of a cricket game, and I'm sure Ross is hoping we have already reached the point.

A session like the current one of Ashes Cricket would certainly make a few people who then see an ad for an Ashes Cricket game hit the buy button without hesitation - to be missing that market is a massive fail.

A session like the current one of Ashes Cricket would certainly make a few people who then see an ad for an Ashes Cricket game hit the buy button without hesitation - to be missing that market is a massive fail.

Couldn't agree more. This first Test has to be a cricket gaming publisher's wet dream. You don't even need to do anything to sell the game other than put in a few second advertisement about the game along with how to purchase it :facepalm

I still unfortunately think that side by side in a video game store, this one will be the choice of many because it's official. 99% of buyers have never heard of Planetcricket or other ways of determining that one game is good and the other shite.

That game aint gonna make no dammn bussiness !

I still unfortunately think that side by side in a video game store, this one will be the choice of many because it's official. 99% of buyers have never heard of Planetcricket or other ways of determining that one game is good and the other shite.

I agree if they were both on the shelf now, after that it depends if a game seems "old" or not - Ashes will be "old" as soon as the series is done - SEGA London Olympics anyone?

People will read the back of the box and feature list when there are two to compare and one of them is "old".

In any case, I am confident when people see the two side by side they will choose ours ;)

Last edited:
I agree if they were both on the shelf now, after that it depends if a game seems "old" or not - Ashes will be "old" as soon as the series is done - SEGA London Olympics anyone?

People will read the back of the box and feature list when there are two to compare and one of them is "old".

In any case, I am confident when people see the two side by side they will choose ours ;)

Hardcore cricket gaming fans will pick both but I'm afraid the casual gamers, who will only go for one game, might go with AC13 coz of the presence of "Ashes" in the title. You have to keep in mind not many casual gamers will review the games in depth before they buy it. That's why whichever game comes out first has a huge advantage.

Hardcore cricket gaming fans will pick both but I'm afraid the casual gamers, who will only go for one game, might go with AC13 coz of the presence of "Ashes" in the title. You have to keep in mind not many casual gamers will review the games in depth before they buy it. That's why whichever game comes out first has a huge advantage.

505's CEO is a huge cricket fan and he would be no doubt seething at the missed opportunity that this great first test has produced. It will be a distant memory by the time the Ashes game arrives.

I'm not going to go to deep into it but an Ashes game after the Ashes will be old before it's time regardless of the promise of DLC as consumers aren't watching Q&A videos, that's a very small, dedicated bunch of people.

Whomever hits first will have an advantage, no doubt, however if our boxes hit the shelves at the same time then I would back ours to sell more by a country mile (I understand that this might be hard to believe, but where have I been wrong in my predictions so far :p).

I'll be purchasing both, but I am a hardcore cricket game fan.

Then once I have experienced both I WILL settle on the one that plays best "for ME"...:yes

505's CEO is a huge cricket fan and he would be no doubt seething at the missed opportunity that this great first test has produced. It will be a distant memory by the time the Ashes game arrives.

I'm not going to go to deep into it but an Ashes game after the Ashes will be old before it's time regardless of the promise of DLC as consumers aren't watching Q&A videos, that's a very small, dedicated bunch of people.

Whomever hits first will have an advantage, no doubt, however if our boxes hit the shelves at the same time then I would back ours to sell more by a country mile (I understand that this might be hard to believe, but where have I been wrong in my predictions so far :p).

Hardcore fans will definitely go with BAC but I'm afraid "Ashes" is a huge plus for casual Aussie and English fans. Maybe you need to get the word "Career Mode" on the main cover somehow to counter the Ashes effect ;)

----------

I'll be purchasing both, but I am a hardcore cricket game fan.
Then once I have experienced both I WILL settle on the one that plays best "for ME"...:yes

Same for most of the folks on PC. Do you think folks who spend countless hours eagerly waiting for and chatting about cricket video games won't buy AC13 when it comes out? They may so now but I'm willing to bet they will rush out as soon as the game hits the shelves. Same with BAC, and I hope both the games do extremely well, especially BAC, so we get sequels and evermore authentic titles in the future:cheers

That is a good point regarding the specific tournament meaning that the game will become dated. It will, however, very likely be out before the Australian Ashes. In a normal Ashes year there would only be a single Ashes tournament and the publisher would aim for that. This year there was an opportunity to have an even greater impact, which they won't have, but it will still be release in time for the Australian series.

If anything, if it comes out in say September that'd be the worst. It'd be too early for the Australian Ashes and lots of Aussies will be concentrating on Aussie Rules and Rugby finals. Maybe they will 100% finish game (to whatever extent they define 100% to be) and then release it just before the Aussie series, so EVEN later! I think this is possible, especially since the Australian release of IC 2010 was much later than the Pommie one.

The idea for both games will be getting it out while people in the UK still care about cricket and having it on the shelves for the Australian summer, which September achieves okay, but August would do better.

Users who are viewing this thread