AC13 in the press - check here before posting articles

Ross, i believe the last ahses game was the no 1 selling game in england for quite a few weeks. I think you are underestimating the word "ashes" in the title. :yes And like someone above said, there is still one more ashes series to come this year so people wont be forgetting about it anytime soon. Yes you havent been wrong so far but there is a first time for everything..and i hope this wont be your first.

The nation has been hit by cricket fever, wall to wall coverage in the media. Any game released at this point would get big sales. Come September, the football season will be back and focus will have turned away from Cricket.

Also there aren't that many games out over the summer so you get your own "space". Game being released in September will have to contend with GTA V, FIFA 14 but to name 2.

Right now would be a great time to be playing a cricket game...

Agreed, and it's the start to a series that is a marketer's dream... and well... talking of being wrong... I could never have dreamt back last year when we planned the release timing for our game that Ashes would be so awful looking, feature "light" and so late, we had not planned for this outcome - given the history of the franchise though, I admit we should have :(

Agreed, and it's the start to a series that is a marketer's dream... and well... talking of being wrong... I could never have dreamt back last year when we planned the release timing for our game that Ashes would be so awful looking, feature "light" and so late, we had not planned for this outcome - given the history of the franchise though, I admit we should have :(

So your saying you'll planned the release date one year back?

You could have taken all their free media.

So true, this first test has been one of my all time favourite test in a long time. So releasing for this ashes would be ideal and as ashes 2013 is in a lot of trouble as I don't think they would get the game out by this English ashes series. I say it again, kill them now ross. One month showing of the game and ready to hit maybe end of august this year. PS Still you are the boss and good luck with what ever decision you make, back to the ashes.:thumbs

You could have taken all their free media.

Sadly yes, but Ashes during Ashes would dominate with the greater audience - outside of Ashes we will dominate.

How could I possibly predict the "cluster" that is Ashes 2013? The amount of stuff that is broken and pulled to DLC is embarrassing :facepalm

Sadly yes, but Ashes during Ashes would dominate with the greater audience - outside of Ashes we will dominate.

How could I possibly predict the "cluster" that is Ashes 2013? The amount of stuff that is broken and pulled to DLC is embarrassing :facepalm

That is indeed worrying and looks like even the "gameplay AI balancing" will be left to the DLC :rolleyes

That is indeed worrying and looks like even the "gameplay AI balancing" will be left to the DLC :rolleyes

I wouldn't think so, seriously, the ball leaves your bowlers hand and then it's AI vs AI from there - even they couldn't screw up balancing that!

PS: Funny how mini-games are boring but watching AI vs AI isn't :lol

I wouldn't think so, seriously, the ball leaves your bowlers hand and then it's AI vs AI from there - even they couldn't screw up balancing that!

PS: Funny how mini-games are boring but watching AI vs AI isn't :lol

Never say never...

But it's free!

When he said that having two Ashes series was a great opportunity for them, allowing them to have DLC, I almost died of a combination of cringing laughter.

To be fare, they are trying to get the game out as fast as they can and cutting some small features and saying DLC a lot is there new catch line. I hope they just get the game out soon as I am getting sick of the waiting for this so called ashes game. Your game is a different story all together, ashes is trying to get the game out as soon as they can and bigant are waiting like the rest of us.:spy

But it's free!

When he said that having two Ashes series was a great opportunity for them, allowing them to have DLC, I almost died of a combination of cringing laughter.

It's like I found Aladdin's cave full of comedy treasure...

----------

To be fare, they are trying to get the game out as fast as they can and cutting some small features and saying DLC a lot is there new catch line. I hope they just get the game out soon as I am getting sick of the waiting for this so called ashes game. Your game is a different story all together, ashes is trying to get the game out as soon as they can and bigant are waiting like the rest of us.:spy

Now 79C, I agree, and I completely blame you, well you and people like you, you know, people who like cricket games... apparently you all said that these fielding, camera options, replay options, etc. are not interesting, you all said they were boring, not important - so you're just getting what you asked for - so the sooner you all accept that these feature drops are all YOUR own fault then the sooner we can move on.

I like this new approach where you don't blame anyone else and accept responsibility....

But it's free!

Do remember this could just be a marketing gimmick. I mean what is to stop them from 'not' releasing the dlc once everyone has bought the game, specially if the overall sales are not high enough to justify the cost of dlc?

Users who are viewing this thread