AC13 in the press - check here before posting articles

There sales when there game does show it's ugly head will never be as good now. PS If they release a improvement to say ic2010 then that's a start but I never thought there game was ever going to be a dream cricket game, maybe that's why I am not as pissed as others have been. To be honest I would be a lot more hurt if your game fails either by sales or the gameplay because cricket games have needed a kick up the butt for a long long time.:clap Also I don't see how your game could fail now when it comes to the gameplay, if it's not 100% at release then say few months after we get a lot of patches and updates then all good, just like CA has been getting stronger every month.:thumbs

There sales when there game does show it's ugly head will never be as good now. PS If they release a improvement to say ic2010 then that's a start but I never thought there game was ever going to be a dream cricket game, maybe that's why I am not as pissed as others have been. To be honest I would be a lot more hurt if your game fails either by sales or the gameplay because cricket games have needed a kick up the butt for a long long time.:clap Also I don't see how your game could fail now when it comes to the gameplay, if it's not 100% at release then say few months after we get a lot of patches and updates then all good, just like CA has been getting stronger every month.:thumbs

Just a suggestion: try using paragraphs as I stop reading after the first sentence?

I have one question for you Barmy though, when bowling there was a thin yellow line vertically up the screen in the build I saw, was this present in the build you saw?

Yes there was. I think I mentioned it in the play report. It was the line overlay and then length went along it.
It was up the pitch rather than the whole screen though.

Yes there was. I think I mentioned it in the play report. It was the line overlay and then length went along it.
It was up the pitch rather than the whole screen though.

Sorry, yeah, this was a thin yellow straight line from the of the bowler that went up the pitch. It looked like a debug line, like not "final" or polished (I would describe the red dot the same way).

It wasn't present in the "gameplay" video but I think I assumed it was part of the overlay at the time.
As you say not very clean and likely to be for debugging.

I kinda lost faith in them since IC2010 when they had completely broken online play and wont even bother fixing it

All I can say is the Trickster name really suits them

There was another Cricketer article with some new screens (including the yellow bar Ross was talking about) in the mag this month. I'll get it scanned when I get the time.

Be interested to have a look...

Ok, apologies for large file sizes but I've kept these high res as they were hard to see to start with!

Attachments

• ac13new.jpg
    ac13new.jpg
    650.1 KB · Views: 180
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 211
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 233
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 248
I don't know about that crowd, man... :noway

Grainy image aside, that crowd and stadium looks super-poop... Since when do fast bowlers bowl with long sleeves? Do I need to get the red circle pen out?!!

I don't know about that crowd, man... :noway

Grainy image aside, that crowd and stadium looks super-poop... Since when do fast bowlers bowl with long sleeves? Do I need to get the red circle pen out?!!

Firstly, the crowd looks like Mike Fegan has cut out paper people and just sat them there hoping everyone will focus on the long sleeves...

Secondly, yes the red circle pen would certainly help

And what about the shadow on the bowlers face/neck, perfectly straight line....

Eh, benefit of the doubt on the player render as it's a pretty grainy image... could be a few different things there that aren't in-game I suppose. But that crowd does look amazingly bad... I hope it's early WIP stuff, because I wasn't all that impressed with the "Lords Crowd" from the earlier images either...

In most cricket games the crowd is rubbish, but depth of field and a few well rendered sections of crowd for close shots usually mean you don't notice.

That said, England's red kit is the most embarrassing part of those shots, so well done Trickstar.

In most cricket games the crowd is rubbish...

Agreed, but I would hope in the space between 2009 and 2013 technology had evolved far enough to give us something a bit better...

Users who are viewing this thread