AI Extreme patch released

REVIEW : ODI

Difficulty : Normal

hey satish, i tried your patch v3.0 and played it for a few hours and i have to say
that BATTING in your patch is poor :( but bowling is great ! :)

+Excellent Edges (But Some Times it looks exaggerated)
+Good Job On the Slog Shots. Now its challenging to hit sixes !
+Good Swing But Seam Can Be Tweaked Some More
+Cut Shot Is Really Really Good !
+Nice Fields. :)

-SHOT DIRECTIONS !! You Desperately Need to Improve in this Dept.
90% Of the Shots Go in Wrong Directions :eek:

-Leg Glance Has No Power in it.Even Perfectly Timed Shots Of 140k doesnt clear the Infield :(

-Many Shots Lack Power in it.

-Playing Defensive shots is like a CRIME in this patch. Most Of the Defensive Shots
Go To The Slip.

-Other Minor Improvements Are Required , Cant Really Remember now !

NO OFFENCE, NO HARD FEELINGS, Just My View Of Your Patch.
and i hope you will fix the Negatives of your patch :)

I'll Play a Test Match With Your Patch Later as i dont have enough time to play test matches and all.

Last edited:
good review again :clap . i have never noticed the defensive shot thingy because i rarely play them.

jk16_4 said:
REVIEW : ODI

Difficulty : Normal

hey satish, i tried your patch v3.0 and played it for a few hours and i have to say
that BATTING in your patch is poor :( but bowling is great ! :)

+Excellent Edges (But Some Times it looks exaggerated)
+Good Job On the Slog Shots. Now its challenging to hit sixes !
+Good Swing But Seam Can Be Tweaked Some More
+Cut Shot Is Really Really Good !
+Nice Fields. :)

-SHOT DIRECTIONS !! You Desperately Need to Improve in this Dept.
90% Of the Shots Go in Wrong Directions :eek:

-Leg Glance Has No Power in it.Even Perfectly Timed Shots Of 140k doesnt clear the Infield :(

-Many Shots Lack Power in it.

-Playing Defensive shots is like a CRIME in this patch. Most Of the Defensive Shots
Go To The Slip.

-Other Minor Improvements Are Required , Cant Really Remember now !

NO OFFENCE, NO HARD FEELINGS, Just My View Of Your Patch.
and i hope you will fix the Negatives of your patch :)

I'll Play a Test Match With Your Patch Later as i dont have enough time to play test matches and all.
A mixed bag of a review, rather looks like a hurried one because a few of the comments are incorrect...

1) leg glance when timed well has a lot of power,certainly enough power to take it to the boundary with ease...my most fav shot is the leg glance and a lot of my patch users would also turn this one down..i am ignoring this...

2) many shots lack power?? not sure which one,but once again incorrect..most shots have power...if u notice carefully all shots would leave the bat with pace,its just the slowness of the outfield that makes u think otherwise...

3) playing backfoot defensive shots early in the innings might be a CRIME,cuz i was just testing it after reading ur review...i am not sure how many others feel the same..but,i'll work on it..

4) Improper shot directions is probably the only observation that u might have got right here..that some thing that i would be working on..great obervation :clap..

I think u should have taken more time with the tesing cuz there are a lot of negatives in this patch that u never noticed...i am pretty disappointed with that,and a few +ves missed as well...

thanks for testing my patch mate..

:cheers

hey, i take my "lack of power" back !! i just tried your V3.1 and saw
that the power was increased considerably. Then i realised that it
was all due to SLUGGISH Outfields. :p

but sometimes leg glances dont cross the infield, ahh well.... may be
due to lack of timing ;)

backfoot shots are generally played during the first 5-6 overs to test
the conditions of the pitch and ball. well, this theory contradicts sehwag and afridi but i like to do it the traditional way ;)

and for your V4.0 dont release it unless you got all the directions right :p

pentagram said:
hot reply satish!!! awesome.

you are dreading on thin ice pentagram ;) :p

anyways, AI is something where everyone has his own taste.
The -ves were against my tastes so i posted them. :)

jk16_4 said:
you are dreading on thin ice pentagram ;) :p

my knowledge of the english vocabulary is more limited than you think ;) .could you elaborate on that comment?

jk16_4 said:
anyways, AI is something where everyone has his own taste.
The -ves were against my tastes so i posted them. :)

you got that right.

It is nice patch indeed and I AM very happy to hear that you are preparing new patch for us.Keep it up and I am happy that you are adding more swing ,seam and speed in it.Also make the cpu more smarter against full tosses as they are weak.Make six hit shot more difficult so continuous slogging is not possible .Waiting for your response.

robertporter said:
when will the new patch come out please
hey robert..the patch is coming out really well,but i am doing extra hours at office (i am expecting a promotion :cool: ) so i am unable to dedicate a lot of time for editing the patch (unable to mail you also cuz of the same reason)..i'll probably find time over the weekend to complete the patch,so 17th might well be the release date..

Hero said:
It is nice patch indeed and I AM very happy to hear that you are preparing new patch for us.Keep it up and I am happy that you are adding more swing ,seam and speed in it.Also make the cpu more smarter against full tosses as they are weak.Make six hit shot more difficult so continuous slogging is not possible .Waiting for your response.
glad u like the patch hero..CPU will surely be a lot smarter than v3.0 & 6hits wont be too easy...you'll definitely enjoy batting & bowling with v4.0..

i wont be online too much cuz of the time constraint guys,so i might not reply for all your comments...continue to post your feedback & suggestions..

KEEP THEM COMING..

What is your plan as when it is expected that you will finish your patch as you take your time and try to deliver it in good shape.

Hero said:
What is your plan as when it is expected that you will finish your patch as you take your time and try to deliver it in good shape.
yes,i am definitely taking my time...but this patch would be released by 17th.

Features so far..

different outfield pacing for different kinds of conditions

Ai smarter & more aggressive

improved shots..shots tweaked for their power & direction..

sweet spot feature enhanced..

lethal special deliveries

Hi satish!

satish_lastride said:
A mixed bag of a review, rather looks like a hurried one because a few of the comments are incorrect...

1) leg glance when timed well has a lot of power,certainly enough power to take it to the boundary with ease...my most fav shot is the leg glance and a lot of my patch users would also turn this one down..i am ignoring this...

2) many shots lack power?? not sure which one,but once again incorrect..most shots have power...if u notice carefully all shots would leave the bat with pace,its just the slowness of the outfield that makes u think otherwise...

3) playing backfoot defensive shots early in the innings might be a CRIME,cuz i was just testing it after reading ur review...i am not sure how many others feel the same..but,i'll work on it..

4) Improper shot directions is probably the only observation that u might have got right here..that some thing that i would be working on..great obervation :clap..

I think u should have taken more time with the tesing cuz there are a lot of negatives in this patch that u never noticed...i am pretty disappointed with that,and a few +ves missed as well...

thanks for testing my patch mate..

HI satish this is cricket doctor new to this forum but an extremely close observer of the patches.I'v joined late cz I was busy in my engineering study.Here is my honest view on ur patch-
1. mat ur patch is an splendid one for ODI games.
2. Only just a bit of room for improvement on shot directions.only just...otherwise it is still awesom.
3. ya u should try to bring down no. of edges in test matches.
4. bowling is perfect in both ODI and test matches.

!!hey extremely imp point-
I'd like to hav ur attention on a biggest flaw of cricket 2005 on which nobody
perhaps has payed attention before.
while bowling u can bowl any team (including aussies) for less than 20-30 runs in any mode any pitch any condition. HOW??????? here is the key-
pitch the bowl extremely short within or outside the line of off stump with a medium pace bowlers like styris,bravo for e.g.
then bowl with without any pace and u'll see any batsman,whether it is gilchirst starving to save his wicket.
even in case of fast bowlers if u pitch the slower bowl (u get if u r bowling well ) short an without any pace. U'll get the results ,I'v stated.
How can we see teams getting out for 10-20 runs??
pls do try this and tell me whether I'm wrong or right.

But as far as u r concerned ,U r doing wonderful jobs anyway. keep it up mat.

do reply me on this feedback!

Well why does he need to fix it when the simple solution to the problem is to not bowl that line and length.

Users who are viewing this thread