AI Extreme patch released

gud luck on ur new patch da....lets c how it cms out...will download ur 3.1 patch soon and let u know how it was wen i get mty net connection...Yay!!

cricket doctor said:
HI satish this is cricket doctor new to this forum but an extremely close observer of the patches.I'v joined late cz I was busy in my engineering study.Here is my honest view on ur patch-
1. mat ur patch is an splendid one for ODI games.
2. Only just a bit of room for improvement on shot directions.only just...otherwise it is still awesom.
3. ya u should try to bring down no. of edges in test matches.
4. bowling is perfect in both ODI and test matches.

!!hey extremely imp point-
I'd like to hav ur attention on a biggest flaw of cricket 2005 on which nobody
perhaps has payed attention before.
while bowling u can bowl any team (including aussies) for less than 20-30 runs in any mode any pitch any condition. HOW??????? here is the key-
pitch the bowl extremely short within or outside the line of off stump with a medium pace bowlers like styris,bravo for e.g.
then bowl with without any pace and u'll see any batsman,whether it is gilchirst starving to save his wicket.
even in case of fast bowlers if u pitch the slower bowl (u get if u r bowling well ) short an without any pace. U'll get the results ,I'v stated.
How can we see teams getting out for 10-20 runs??
pls do try this and tell me whether I'm wrong or right.

But as far as u r concerned ,U r doing wonderful jobs anyway. keep it up mat.

do reply me on this feedback!
hey buddy...glad you like my patch :cool:...edges are an issue that i am trying not to alter much cuz most ppl are quite happy with the way it is now,but i'll look into it as you find it exaggerated..

as far as your other observation is concerned,i have never tried it myself..i'll try and see how it goes & i'll let you know if i can fix it....but in the meanwhile you can just avoid bowling that ball (as suggested by cricket60)..thanks for your comment mate..expecting more :)..

ajayganesh said:
gud luck on ur new patch da....lets c how it cms out...will download ur 3.1 patch soon and let u know how it was wen i get mty net connection...Yay!!
hey ajay..nice to hear from you..still waiting for your review,but i think you should be having v4.0 by the time you get your net connection ;)..

Keep them coming..

Alrighty,

I just downloaded - played for a few minutes and had to rush off and earn some crusts to cover the cost of the net. I'll get around to a proper review later.

But even in the few overs it has played, the fielding seems crisper, the ball moves off the pitch more accurately, and the batsmen play slightly more aggressively - and, could it be, smarter?

Only issue - is that Butcher botched a lollipop catch off Giles (and I worked so hard to get Smith to miss time that drive ... ). The ball floated to him at mid wicket, and then continued floating over his head as he celebrated the 'catch', before realising that the ball was actually over his head and halfway to the boundry. I wept for a good five seconds ... Oh the drama!

Paelleon said:
Only issue - is that Butcher botched a lollipop catch off Giles (and I worked so hard to get Smith to miss time that drive ... ). The ball floated to him at mid wicket, and then continued floating over his head as he celebrated the 'catch', before realising that the ball was actually over his head and halfway to the boundry. I wept for a good five seconds ... Oh the drama!
That's happened a few times to me, using various patches. It does look funny though, as the fielder kind of runs in waving his arms in the air in celebration as the ball carries on behind him :D .

jonah said:
That's happened a few times to me, using various patches. It does look funny though, as the fielder kind of runs in waving his arms in the air in celebration as the ball carries on behind him :D .

That's the one! I must admit it happened occasionally before the patch, but damn it's funny. Only reason it really stuck in my mind is that Smith is on 45 in the first innings of the test (chasing 309) and is now firmly set. He picks the seam bowling apart (dusty wicket) and Batty just doesn't have enough spin to trouble a set batsman - so I worked the plan for three overs with Giles, conceeding 8 runs in two boundaries, and finally got the perfect reaction, at perfect catchable height, only to watch it fail dismally.

Still a funny effect - but that hurt I gotta tell you ... :crying

Hey Satish,

when is the next patch due man. cant wait any longer. Or jus give us updates on what is done so far

raider_64 said:
Hey Satish,

when is the next patch due man. cant wait any longer. Or jus give us updates on what is done so far
Hey Raider_64 :)..

EXTREME Ai v4.0 is to be released on 19.10.05...

Features so far:

1) Outfield Paced as per pitch type...fast outfields for Dry & Dusty pitches, normal pacing for normal,Hard & wet pitches.

2) All new AI pacing..Cpu more aggressive than ever..

3) Extremely enjoyable batting..shots tweaked to near perfection..power & shot directions corrected from v3.0...All shots wont go for 4's & 6hits made realistic..

4) Bowling as good as ever..more pace,swing, & spin..

Still working on some shots (mainly backfoot shots for power) & edge values..sweet spot feature also to be edited...

Any other suggestions are always welcome...

:cheers

Satish.

guys..are you okay with a big cursor size while bowling,if it gives you more varied line & length by the cpu..

EXTREME Ai v4.0 released!!!

hey ppl...EXTREME Ai V4.0 is out & ready to roll...

download my latest patch & let me know how you like it...waiting for your comments...

:cheers

Satish.

robertporter said:
please no big cursor for bowling it just doesn't work
oops..i didnt notice your post mate..this patch does have a slightly larger cursor than my previos versions..if you dont like it,let me know & i'll fix it just for you :)...

Users who are viewing this thread