All Time Subcontinent Test XI Draft - np10's pick

ODI or Test Draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
8516.jpg

His career averages are 37.69 with the bat and 22.81 with the ball. If that's not impressive enough, well, just look at his stats as captain. Imran Khan was a man possessed as captain, not only for his batting and bowling talents, but his leadership and vision too. He played 48 out of 88 test matches as captain which is evidently the majority of his test career. As captain he averaged 52.34 with the bat and 20.26 with the ball. He also led Pakistan to their first series victory in England and nurtured some of Pakistan's finest players. In my mind, he is the greatest player Pakistan has ever produced. He could walk into my team as a batsman and a bowler alone.

* Imran Khan

Last edited:
I guess Imran will captain your team then.

It was either Imran or Murali for my pick. Went for Murali cause it'll be hard to find really good Lankans/Deshis to fill the 3 player quota, and having the best Asian spinner ever isn't a bad thing.

018272.jpg

Wasim Akram

Greatest left arm quick of all time. Was fast, skiddy, and had a mastery of swing like no other bowler ever.

I'd make a longer writeup but I've put off homework too long and it needs to be done :p

8. Wasim Akram

It was either Imran or Murali for my pick. Went for Murali cause it'll be hard to find really good Lankans/Deshis to fill the 3 player quota, and having the best Asian spinner ever isn't a bad thing.

Yeah, filling in Deshi's and Bangla will be tough.

One pick sooner and I'd have my favorite player. :mad:

Sunil Gavaskar

One of the finest openers the world has ever seen. Technical excellence to go along with the patience and concentration that has been unmatched for decades. Easily the best opener to hail from the subcontinent.

NP11

1. Sunil Gavaskar

By the time my next pick comes, I hope my mystery player survives.

Pick: Rahul Dravid

Where do I start? A legend. One of the best test batsmen of all time. Rahul Dravid aka "The Wall" was technically brilliant, classy and elegant and a must for me.

3. Rahul Dravid

I pick Anil Kumble, and Sanath Jayasuriya.

anil-kumble.jpg

Sanath-Jayasuriya.jpg

For the first pick, do I really need to explain? The guy is a real legend. The second best Asian spinner of alltime. But surprisingly, when he first started his career, he was pinned with criticisms saying that his ball didn't spin much and etc etc. What happened after that and how he gave reply to his critics with the ball is history. Is a true gentleman of the game. Never got involved in stupid brawls. I simply love his fighting spirit, and I admire his style.

For the second pick, I wanted an explosive opener in my team. And when it comes to explosiveness, I don't think anyone beats the guy I picked apart from Sunil Gavaskar. What can I say of him? Whatever I say, it won't be enough. He's just too good for words. One of the best Sri Lankan players to have ever graced cricket. In fact, I rate him as the second best Sri Lankan cricketer after Murali.
The guy revolutionized the concepts we had regarding the game!

1. Sanath Jayasuriya
7. Anil Kumble

Yeah Jayasuriya is snail when compared to Gavaskar's explosive batting. :p

I was looking for Sanath in later bids when openers would get tough. He's good but didn't think he'd get picked so soon.

Users who are viewing this thread