4- Cameron White(c)
5- Yusuf Pathan
6- Kieron Pollard
7- Albie Morkel
8- Shahid Afridi
9- M.Johnson
10- Dirk Nannes
11- Shane Bond

There is plenty of batting depth, and all the batsmen from no. 1 to 8 are capable of turning the game on its head with the bat, even Mitchell Johnson at number 9 can bat.

And there is a lot of variety in the bowling,
there are 3 fast bowlers, 3 medium pacers, 2 off spinners, 2 leg spinners,
So except the wicket keeper, anyone can bowl according to the conditions.

I have selected this team keeping in mind that the team should be able to perform well regardless of the conditions. And in T20's the game can change from any given situation, along with a good batting lineup, its always important to have lots of bowling options to not allow the opposition batsmen to settle down.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My all time T20 XI players :

Chris Gayle
Matthew Hayden
Mahela Jayawardena / Tillakaratne Dilshan
Brendon Mccullum
Eoin Morgan
Richard Levi :p
Shahid Afridi
Andrew Symonds
Mohammad Amir
Umar Gul
Ajantha Medis

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Well I'm going to base my XI off of players who have had an extended run in the format and not just those who I've seen play in my lifetime and may have been good in this format (that's a whole different team).

1. Chris Gayle
2. Brandon McCullum wk
3. Mahela Jayawardene c
4. Kumar Sangakkara
5. Kevin Pietersen
6. Shahid Afridi
7. Daniel Vettori
8. Stuart Broad
9. Saeed Ajmal
10. Lasith Mlainga
11. Umar Gul

S

Satan666

Its refreshing to see there are not many Indians in the teams some members are posting, underlies the lack of talent in the nation. So here is my alltime T20 team, I have chosen guys who surely would excel in the T20 arena even though they may not have played the format:

Don Bradman
Chris Gayle
Viv Richards
Chris Cairns
Keiron Pollard
Brendan Mcullum (wk)
Shaun Pollock
Shahid Afridi (c)
Dirk Nannes
Sunil Narine
Lasith Malinga

12th Man: Sachin Tendulkar, attacking batsman and useful bowler (spin or medium pace) can be interchanged easily.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
My All Time XI

1.Gautam Gambhir
Big match player who can hold fort even when the remainder of the order collapses. He can be a good choice to lead as well and thus fits in perfectly as a vice-captain too.

2.Chris Gayle
No need to explain how this fella can turn a game on its heels. But has a tendency to be too flashy and is a regular failure during crunch games.

3. David Warner
Another explosive option ,who if paired with KP can be quite devastating.

4. Kevin Pietersen
His style of batting is cool. He can score briskly and can attack as and when required.

5. Mahela Jayawardena -captain
A few would agree with this option here as he is not really seen as that great a T20 player. However, he is a class apart and is quite udner-rated. I'd back him to lead the team too.

6. AB de Villiers -wicket keeper
Attacking ,positive keeper is what a world XI would require. AB fits the bill perfectly.

7. Albie Morkel
After a lot of deliberation, I thought of adding Albie here. I'd have gone with Cam White in the side. But seeing as there are already quite a few spinners here, it was wiser to go with this option.

8. Shakib-Al-Hasan
World's best all-rounder. A handy batsman and a wily spinner.

9. Saeed Ajmal
Ajmal's action though doubtful, its very much useful for any captain as he snares up the quick wickets. Together with Shakib or Vettori he can form a lethal duo.

10.Morne Morkel
I consider him one of the best bowlers in World cricket as of now.

11.Lasith Malinga
Yorkers- and thats the only reason why I'd want him in here.

Reserves
Herschelle Gibbs
Daniel Vettori
Brendon McCullum
Stuart Broad

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
^ I agree and you 99 % and one percent not because Eoin Morgan is one of the worlds best t20 player maybe the best .:)

Users who are viewing this thread