4:Tendulkar
5:Viv Richards
6:Sobers
7:Gilchrist
8:Akram
9:Warne
10:Marshall
11: McGrath

I am really surprised that almost no one has included Waqar Younis even as a backup although his average of 23.5 and his ability to reverse the ball was supreme.

I am really surprised that almost no one has included Waqar Younis even as a backup although his average of 23.5 and his ability to reverse the ball was supreme.

Why are you surprised? Because he's Pakistani?

You have to understand that he's in competition with bowlers like Akram, Marshall and Mcgrath, who were better than him.

It was hard to include Waqar, even as a reserve. There was Syd Barnes to consider, and then Imran Khan and Richard Hadlee, two bowlers just as good who could bat. And then there are McGrath, Ambrose, Walsh...

Have to say Zorax, I am loving that team. Only change I'd consider would be Barry Richards for Herbert Sutcliffe, but that's because I'm biased towards Richards :) Nice work.
Thanks. It's almost identical to the side in your opening post though :p

Why are you surprised? Because he's Pakistani?

Show your hatred for Pakistan somewhere else, if you can't give an answer properly then don't give any answer.

send2yaari added 2 Minutes and 12 Seconds later...

It was hard to include Waqar, even as a reserve. There was Syd Barnes to consider, and then Imran Khan and Richard Hadlee, two bowlers just as good who could bat. And then there are McGrath, Ambrose, Walsh...

Thanks. It's almost identical to the side in your opening post though :p

yeah although there are very good players but if we consider his ability to bowl reverse swing, then he is best.

It's already been mentioned a couple of pages back, but Imran Khan is the omission that surprises me. To me Imran is the greatest Pakistani bowler and cricketer ever, yet everyone picks Wasim Akram. Akram had all the talent in the world, but he never consistently dominated Test cricket. He bowled some amazing deliveries and had all the tricks sure, but he also went missing a lot in games. Akram should have had an average under 20 really with his skill.

Waqar is underrated though, I'll agree with that sentiment. But I don't think he's quite all time XI material. To many good bowlers played in his era. You've got Marshall, Hadlee, Ambrose, McGrath, Akram, Donald, Pollock to compete with for starters plus all the other legendary quicks.

I think your reasons are exactly why I picked Wasim. The bowling attack already has Warne, Marshall, Lillee and Sobers. You really don't need anymore. And when Wasim has one of his on days with either bat or ball, you're in business.

Imran's great though, wouldn't mind him over Wasim at all. Adds more steel to the batting and can captain the side.

All time test team
Sachin Tendulker
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Bradman
Gilchrist
FLintoff
Kallis
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Mutiah Murlithara
Shane Warne

All time test team
Sachin Tendulker
Brian Lara
Ricky Ponting
Bradman
Gilchrist
FLintoff
Kallis
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Mutiah Murlithara
Shane Warne
You do realize that you've got 12 players there or is Warne your 12th man?

Here I go for the following.

Graeme Pollock
Jack Hobbs
Don Bradman
Sachin tendulkar
Brian Lara
Sir Garfield Sobers
Adam gilchrist(+)
Wasim Akram
Malcolm Marshall
Richard Hadlee
Mutthiah Murlidharan

Lots of current or near past players as I consider them better than the past heroes as standard of cricket is far better now.:)

:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh:laugh

Users who are viewing this thread