All-Time Test XIs

That, then comes down to personally preference. Some kids might like the fact Dravid can keep, others might like the fact Kallis bowled. Some might like the fact that Sehwag was attacking from ball 1, others might like Langers more solid approach.

I actually had a similar problem with whether to pick Thompson or Spofforth. I've rarely seen Thommo bowl, and never seen Spofforth but he was nickname the Demon and kept and average of 18 and took wickets at a phenomenal rate. Also I picked him partly because of the fact he played a major role in the making of "The Ashes". He also picked up 4 10 wicket matches in 18 games!!

I also put in Ponsford. I've never seen him bat, and I was considering putting Langer in or Trumper, but I put Ponsford had a great partnership with Bradman, with 2 300-400 run partnerships in one particular series against the poms. One is actually a record.

Feelin Blue? added 3 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

I don't think there should be a problem with Miller either. Voted the 3rd best All-rounder ever by Inside Cricket, he is one of Australias best.

Last edited:
That, then comes down to personally preference.

I had the same lurking suspicion!;) Another thing that could influence people is that those from a specific generation will try and pick players in the image of the players that succeed in their time. So in the 70s I guess everyone would have liked to have all the fast bowlers, in the 2000s though, the same group might not be preferred choice.

I had the same lurking suspicion!;) Another thing that could influence people is that those from a specific generation will try and pick players in the image of the players that succeed in their time. So in the 70s I guess everyone would have liked to have all the fast bowlers, in the 2000s though, the same group might not be preferred choice.

I wouldn't mind having all fast bowlers today if someone on the team could bowl some spin. If there was a good all-rounder that averaged 30+ with the bat and 30-33 with the ball I wouldn't mind including him just so I could fit 4 pace bowlers in.

Man I was watching some clips of the Windies bowlers bowl...they are just plain scary. Especially Holding, that guy is an absolute BEAST. Throws down scorcher after scorcher, easily faster then the bowlers of today.

Ambrose wasn't as quick, maybe 140, but deadly accurate. What a unit.

Probably You guys only see English and Aussie in Cricket
where is Sunil Gavaskar
where is Vijay Hazare
where is G R Vishwanath
where is Kapil Dev
where is EAS Prasanna
where is Mohammed Azharuddin
where is Javagal Srinath

Only 2 of those could justifiably be included in an all-time XI for me, those being Dev and Gavaskar, and I couldn't justify putting either in. I went for Hobbs and Sutcliffe as my openers, with Hayden and possibly Ponsford behind those 2. Then Dev was mentioned in my consideration for the All-rounder spot, but Sobers and Botham would have been ahead of him, and I'd possibly have even taken Imran Khan and Richard Hadlee ahead of Dev also. It's just purely not a matter of just watching English and Aussie cricket, for me there isn't an Indian player good enough to get into my team, with Sachin being the only one that came close to getting a spot, but in the end I plumped for Graeme Pollock.

S. Gavaskar
G. Greenidge
D. Bradman
S. Tendulkar
V. Richards
G. Sobers
R. Marsh (WK)
S. Warne (C)
W. Akram
M. Muralitharan
C. Walsh

Last edited:
Bradman? Hobbs? Marshall? Richards? Hammond? G.Pollock? Barnes? Lillee? Ponsford?

None of those players good enough to get in your team? =/

My team:
Hobbs
Hutton
Bradman*
Hammond
Richards
Sobers
Gilchrist+
Imran
Warne
Marshall
Ambrose

2nd XI:
Gavaskar
Sutcliffe
Headley
Tendulkar
Lara
Flower+
Miller
Hadlee
Wasim
Lillee
O'Reilly

Real line ball for Lillee and Tendulkar not to make the first XI, but who would you leave out?

Probably You guys only see English and Aussie in Cricket
where is Sunil Gavaskar
where is Vijay Hazare
where is G R Vishwanath
where is Kapil Dev
where is EAS Prasanna
where is Mohammed Azharuddin
where is Javagal Srinath

Dev and Gavasker could make it into an all-time Test XI out of that list but thats it. The others arent even close.

In the place of Gavasker we can use;
Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Ponsford
Hayden
Trumper
Greenide

In the place of Dev;
Sobers
Miller
Botham
Akram

India All-Time XI

1) S Gavaskar
2) V Sehwag
3) R Dravid
4) S Tendulkar
5) G Viswanath
6) K Dev (C)
7) F Engineer (WK)
8) A Kumble
9) E Prasanna
10) Zaheer Khan
11) J Srinath

Australia All-Time XI

1) B Ponsford
2) A Morris
3) D Bradman (C)
4) S Waugh
5) A Border
6) K Miller
7) A Gilchrist (WK)
8) S Warne
9) B O'Reilly
10) D Lillee
11) G McGrath

England All-Time XI

1) J Hobbs
2) H Sutcliffe
3) W Hammond
4) K Barrington
5) G Gooch
6) I Botham
7) A Flintoff
8) A Knott (WK)
9) J Laker
10) S Barnes
11) F Trueman

West Indies All-Time XI

1) G Greenidge
2) D Haynes
3) C Lloyd (C)
4) B Lara
5) V Richards
6) G Sobers
7) C Walcott (WK)
8) M Holding
9) C Ambrose
10) J Garner
11) M Marshall

Can someone post for Sri Lanka, Pakistan, South Africa and New Zealand ?

I don't fully agree with your India lineup. Viru is a bit iffy, and Mohammed Nisar and Amar Singh deserve some mention, Zak and Srinath aren't the best seamers India has produced.

And Freddie in the all time England XI?

South Africa AT Xl
1.Barry Richards
2.Eddie Barlow
3.Graeme Pollock
4.Kepler Wessels
5.Clive Rice
6.Hansie Cronje
7.Mike Procter
8.D.Lindsay
9.Shaun Pollock
10.Trevor Goddard