Arrogance

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can add my name to the list :p.

Seriously but why Rohit Sharma is there? Apart from not accepting out from Rudi Koetzen can you give me his fault in his international career?
Someone (an Indian fan) said he was arrogant on the first page. I'd look but im lazy!

Something has been sparked inside of me, watching them carry on over the last few days," Symonds told AAP. "We have had a very successful side and I think watching how we celebrate and how they celebrate, I think we have been pretty humble in the way we have gone about it.

"And personally, I think they have got far too carried away with their celebrations. It has definitely sparked passion inside of us. It has certainly spiced it up as well."

Well thats not as bad as you said it was. Plus u said a lot of people did it and you say it was mostly Symonds. Then again, he is such a non-racist un-arrogant gun I think he is worth two people.

It just happens to be that your three most successful players currently don't seem to have the gentlemen-ness that is associated with cricket, which is probably why the entire team is sometimes unfairly painted due to their behavior.
Yeah, maybe because they're all sick and tired with the BS that India have been been casuing over the last few months and they think it's ridiculous that time and time again India complain about the SMALLEST things which don't matter and they EXPECT us to be punished but yet when they provoke us in disgraceful acts, such as racisim which is a MILLION times worse then anything we've done in this series and yet if there is talk about them getting punished then they threaten to boycott the tour.

Lets not start a flame war in this thread as a pre warning.

Hayden is without a doubt arrogant. He always says in the press how easily Australia will always destroy teams. He said a lot in the papers prior to the 2005 Ashes series, which ended up back firing.

Pathan doesn't seem to be arrogant. He just has a lot of confidence.

Glenn McGrath used to do the same, in fact the last Ashes series he predicted Australia was going to dominate, I bet during the Adelaide test he had a bit of worried look on his face when the English looked like they may survive for the draw...until the last day.

I have to say I have nothing wrong with someone being arrogant if they can back it up, but like you said it backfires and thus someone should watch themselves when being cocky like that.

Yeah, maybe because they're all sick and tired with the BS that India have been been casuing over the last few months and they think it's ridiculous that time and time again India complain about the SMALLEST things which don't matter and they EXPECT us to be punished but yet when they provoke us in disgraceful acts, such as racisim which is a MILLION times worse then anything we've done in this series and yet if there is talk about them getting punished then they threaten to boycott the tour.

H. Singh said a racist slur. The players knew it was true. They got wound up. Then the BCCI got wound up cause the supporters got wound up. They threatened to boycott the series. Then the ICC are weak and give in to their demand which they never would have followed through with because they would have been sued to hell. Then the Indians decided to hit back with every little thing they could. Hayden got jack of it and released his rage by saying what I would classify as a 'minor insult' and look at how people are jumping at him like he killed someone. I agree, he could have done it in a match, but so what. He called him a mild insult. He will be repromanded and possibly miss a match while H. Singh doesnt miss any matches, where is the justice?? Aus team should threaten boycott till Hayden gets off, then the Indians can do something and we can all start all over again.

Oh well, at least I know that the Aussies will win the series and the Indians can go home. We hopefully will see the back of their team for a long while and I think The Ashes build ups will become as anticipated as the Aus v Ind series out of pure hatred. I personally hope we dont play them for a long time.

Last edited:
The thread is not about India vs Australia flame war. Anyways Australia would have won this competition hands down but most of their arrogant players have retired.

The thread is not about India vs Australia flame war. Anyways Australia would have won this competition hands down but most of their arrogant players have retired.

The post relates to both topics and I am very happy with that post. I think its one of my best ever and one I truly believe in.

no no no, lets just keep to the present, all summer you guys have said what a disgrace the Aussie team is, its now time to bite the bullet and to finnaly look at it written down.

Is it finnaly sinking in that there is infact more arrogrant or the same amount of arrogant Indian players that Aussies??? Good, now yous can finnaly stop complaining about it. I thought this thread was a good idea and it would achieve something;)

Cricket is full of arrogant players, but where would sport be if they were all goody-goody cricketers? I've always been fond of a player that would stand up and say "We're good, and we'll win!" instead of the "Oh I don't know I think we are going to need to do this, and do that but maybe we can win, we'll see how we go."

You have to back yourself and your team, imagine a sport where all the players were robots and all spoke the same way, acted the same, and played the same? It'd be boring as bat ****.

Yes, we have arrogant cricketers, but if you said that there was a team that didn't have a few, you'd get laughed at.

Cricket is full of arrogant players, but where would sport be if they were all goody-goody cricketers? I've always been fond of a player that would stand up and say "We're good, and we'll win!" instead of the "Oh I don't know I think we are going to need to do this, and do that but maybe we can win, we'll see how we go."

You have to back yourself and your team, imagine a sport where all the players were robots and all spoke the same way, acted the same, and played the same? It'd be boring as bat ****.

Yes, we have arrogant cricketers, but if you said that there was a team that didn't have a few, you'd get laughed at.

Yeh I agree. If a player has doubts they can get nervous.

Arrogance is something that Australian players are always branded with. But we are the best, and if we say we are the best (the truth) we get attacked and called "arrogant Aussies".

I dont think you can call Symonds arrogant for one - what has he done to prove he is arrogant? Say that the Indians shouldn't get carreid away with winning the 20/20 World Cup? Well its true, you shouldn't think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread for winning a lucky dip tournament. All he has done is become the victim of racist taunts and sledging from the opposition. I can't remember an instance when he has actually started any confrontation - its all been in retaliation to the Indian bowlers arching him up. Now biting back isn't arrogance, its called not being a pussy and biting back.

Ponting gets called arrogant why? He hasn't done anything to prove he is arrogant. I think the Indians are just sick of him because he has played well in the past and has lead winning sides against their precious team. The main issue which has made Indians really hate Ponting is the whole Harbajhan calling Symonds a monkey scandal in Sydney. Ponting did the right thing there and made an official complaint on the fact that his teammate was racially taunted -now I dont see a problem with that.

Now, I dont think the Indians think we are arrogant, I think they just are jealous of our winning team and just hate us for being champions. If thats the case then let them whinge and call us "Arrogant", we will always have the last laugh.

The only person I would call arrogant is Sreesanth. Heres a guy who hasn't had a great deal of success against Australia, yet before every series against us he has made ridiculous claims in the media. He always pumps himself up before series/matches then doesn't back it up with a performance.

The other Indians I wouldn't say are arrogant. Ishant Sharma was a bit full on in his send off to Symonds after blasting them for a 50 from 2 balls...but it was the heat of the moment and he was just pumped up.

Arrogance is something that Australian players are always branded with. But we are the best, and if we say we are the best (the truth) we get attacked and called "arrogant Aussies".

I dont think you can call Symonds arrogant for one - what has he done to prove he is arrogant? Say that the Indians shouldn't get carreid away with winning the 20/20 World Cup? Well its true, you shouldn't think you are the greatest thing since sliced bread for winning a lucky dip tournament. All he has done is become the victim of racist taunts and sledging from the opposition. I can't remember an instance when he has actually started any confrontation - its all been in retaliation to the Indian bowlers arching him up. Now biting back isn't arrogance, its called not being a pussy and biting back.

Ponting gets called arrogant why? He hasn't done anything to prove he is arrogant. I think the Indians are just sick of him because he has played well in the past and has lead winning sides against their precious team. The main issue which has made Indians really hate Ponting is the whole Harbajhan calling Symonds a monkey scandal in Sydney. Ponting did the right thing there and made an official complaint on the fact that his teammate was racially taunted -now I dont see a problem with that.

Now, I dont think the Indians think we are arrogant, I think they just are jealous of our winning team and just hate us for being champions. If thats the case then let them whinge and call us "Arrogant", we will always have the last laugh.

The only person I would call arrogant is Sreesanth. Heres a guy who hasn't had a great deal of success against Australia, yet before every series against us he has made ridiculous claims in the media. He always pumps himself up before series/matches then doesn't back it up with a performance.

The other Indians I wouldn't say are arrogant. Ishant Sharma was a bit full on in his send off to Symonds after blasting them for a 50 from 2 balls...but it was the heat of the moment and he was just pumped up.

Ok you topped my post, I was really proud of it too. :crying:crying:crying

I think the thread should be renamed "Those who flaunt their arrogance"

We should add other countries so we can get more views on their players. Graeme Smith is the biggest weed as there is no doubt. I wonder who England's bad boy is... don't tell me its Flintoff!

I think the thread should be renamed "Those who flaunt their arrogance"

We should add other countries so we can get more views on their players. Graeme Smith is the biggest weed as there is no doubt. I wonder who England's bad boy is... don't tell me its Flintoff!

England has bad boys? I know they have had bad cricketers, but bad boys? That's something I haven't seen.

I will say Paul Collingwood because his last name is Collingwood, and well the Magpies are hated everywhere.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread