Ashes 2013 Teaser Trailer

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well next time Chief, don't license a whole team. Instead licence one individual player for every nation and let them promote it. For Aus it would be Clarke, England-KP, India-Sachin, WI-Gayle and so on.

srk121

International Coach
There goes your whole entire budget...

End of trickstar and Ashes series there :rolleyes

On serious note, what has chief said it seems like we are not going to see any promos before June. So sit back and create players in CA till that time.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
End of trickstar and Ashes series there :rolleyes

On serious note, what has chief said it seems like we are not going to see any promos before June. So sit back and create players in CA till that time.

Yup...by the time we get to see the licensed teams of australia and england, we will have our own "licensed" teams to look at :d

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Yup...by the time we get to see the licensed teams of australia and england, we will have our own "licensed" teams to look at :d

Guys: I'm RIGHT HERE!
This probably isn't the best thread to start conversations about potential copyright/IP infringements... :-)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Guys: I'm RIGHT HERE!
This probably isn't the best thread to start conversations about potential copyright/IP infringements... :-)

My apologies. By "licensed" i meant.....i meant....i mean....damn it!! I will go give a heads up to my lawyer about a potential copyright infringement case coming in my way.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Virat Kohli?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
So I take it you all rushed out to buy Yuvraj Singh International Cricket 2007 just because of its title?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ah common, Indian money has a lower value than Australian Dollar I suppose. Sachin is the best guy, next comes Dhoni.

Lower exchange rate does nothing much when Indian cricketers are the highest paid cricketers in the world. In fact recently Forbes listed Dhoni in the top 20 (or could be top 10?) highest earning sportspersons in the world across all sports. Dhoni was ahead of some of the biggest soccer, baseball, NFL and NBA stars!!!

So I take it you all rushed out to buy Yuvraj Singh International Cricket 2007 just because of its title?

Spot on! Yuvraj is one of the biggest star and I doubt he mad much of a difference.

bhomikp4

Club Captain
Lower exchange rate does nothing much when Indian cricketers are the highest paid cricketers in the world. In fact recently Forbes listed Dhoni in the top 20 (or could be top 10?) highest earning sportspersons in the world across all sports. Dhoni was ahead of some of the biggest soccer, baseball, NFL and NBA stars!!!

Ya..!! Dhoni had a yearly earning of 26.5 million in 2012.!! :eek: :eek:
In which 23 million came from his endorsement.... :eek: :eek: :thumbs

SibiNaayagam

International Coach

No one knew it was coming. Why would they call it Yuvraj Singh Internation Cricket and still what I see in stores are copies of Brian Lara International Cricket.

Endorsement by name is less than half the impact. There must be press meets and promotional events.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Endorsement by name is less than half the impact. There must be press meets and promotional events.
Searching for it on YouTube, there were several events and a TV ad campaign featuring him.

Yes, for every bit of marketing there could be more of it - but people's suggestions on here are business plans that amount to 'do this one thing and the game will be famous' - not taking into account the massive risk and cost of doing what are seemingly simple things.

Cricket + India = Cash isn't a universal truth, and Cricketer + Product = Marketing Plan certainly isn't.

Ashes Cricket is that because it's a proven formula, the UK and Australian markets are proven and stable. For 505Games putting their first toe into the water of publishing a cricket game they don't have the luxury of risk.

Users who are viewing this thread