Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

Just saw a comment on r/cricket lamenting the lack of wrist spinners in test cricket as they used to clean up the tail regularly. I'm not sure said person could name more than three wrist spinners who were successful in test cricket in the last fifty years.

Just saw a comment on r/cricket lamenting the lack of wrist spinners in test cricket as they used to clean up the tail regularly. I'm not sure said person could name more than three wrist spinners who were successful in test cricket in the last fifty years.
Mason Crane to get a shock test recall and take 20 wickets in the next four tests.

Dreadful bowling to the tail but I feel like most teams have struggled with that in recent times.

I don't see Hazlewood playing another test in this series (2 of Starc, Nesar, Boland & Morris will accompany Cummins)

Needed just one more run for the same target :cry:
Gotta give the Aussies a chance
Post automatically merged:

I don't see Hazlewood playing another test in this series (2 of Starc, Nesar, Boland & Morris will accompany Cummins)
I was thinking, if the pitches continue to be like this they might throw a debut to Morris.

Looked gassed at various points in the game and was clearly knackered in the second innings after a spell. Plus his injury prone history and lack of recent test matches under the belt...

I think the long gap between this one and the next may get him at least another appearance, either in the next one itself or the third test. Depending on how it goes there they'll likely play him one more time in either the fourth or fifth test.

Users who are viewing this thread