Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

Good to see Root and Bairstow shake hands with Cummins at the end.

He will need to change his application: he just doesnt seem to want to grind out an innings. You have to adapt as a batsman and what worked against second tier bowling doenst work against the best. He is getting found out.

Said the exact same thing when the news first broke out, his defensive game seems suspect. On a pitch like this asking him to go out at three is a very risky call.

John Crawley was a pretty classy bat. Here he is in the runs against the Wasim / Waqar Pakistan attack :

Bit flirty outside the offstump off the back foot, maybe.

Good old Tony Lewis. I fondly remember the time he accidentally said fearsome tweak live on air just before VT then had to apologise when they went back live.
Post automatically merged:

:neutral:

He has been a gun this year. TBH, I didn't think much of him for the first few series that I watched him bat/keep. He has been top notch.

It's the Pakistani water! Since falling into that pool in Karachi during their Test tour - his test game just went next level

Before: 5 games at 20.20 including one 50
Since: 738 runs at 41.00

On a serious note, the incident of Tim Paine could not have come at a more suitable time for the Aussies. He is a far better batsman and has been a game-changer for them in the lower order.

Users who are viewing this thread