Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

Okay, in that case maybe they can follow a rotation policy between these four so that at least one or two are available at all times.
They gotta get through domestic cricket first & Archer I think is done in Tests.

A typical end to an awful innings....who in their right mind thought he was the man to be a 3?

Carey showing how to be a wicketkeeper.
He has been a gun this year. TBH, I didn't think much of him for the first few series that I watched him bat/keep. He has been top notch.

He has been a gun this year. TBH, I didn't think much of him for the first few series that I watched him bat/keep. He has been top notch.
Karachi Pool 10/10

To be fair I've been wanting him to open instead of Crawley so we can have Foakes in the side.
He will need to change his application: he just doesnt seem to want to grind out an innings. You have to adapt as a batsman and what worked against second tier bowling doenst work against the best. He is getting found out.

I really cant see England pulling this back. Across the team it isnt consistent enough. All three elements have to stand up against a team of Australias class and either/and or the bowling or the batting or the fielding have been a let down at crucial times in the game.

The mantra of going out there and "having the freedom and backing to do what you feel is right for the game situatuion" implies that you are savvy to what the game situation requires: some of them obviously are not. With a bit more guile and humility England could be 2-0 up.

Ha ha Jonny staying in his crease until all the players have walked past asking is the ball dead boys?

Zak Crawley has equalled the number of matches played by John Crawley who - with an average of 34.61 - was considered a failure at the top level. When you look at the bowlers he faced in his career I'd say 34.61 was pretty good.

McGrath, Gillespie, Ambrose, Warner, Walsh, Donald, Fleming, Zaheer Khan, MacGill, Reiffel, de Villiers, Harbhajan, McDermott, Kasprowicz, Lee, Waqar, Wasim, Murali, Vaas.
John also averaged 46 in FC cricket. Zak averages 30 after 100 FC matches

John also averaged 46 in FC cricket. Zak averages 30 after 100 FC matches
Yeah, my memory of that era was Hick, Ramprakash and Crawley were seen as players who a lot was expected of and fell short. Although, they all faced the West Indies, Australia and South Africa attacks - as well as Wasim and Waqar.

My overriding memory of Crawley is that he was the first player I remember seeing get out leaving the ball. So whenever I see it happen I think 'they've done a Crawley.'

Zak Crawley has equalled the number of matches played by John Crawley who - with an average of 34.61 - was considered a failure at the top level. When you look at the bowlers he faced in his career I'd say 34.61 was pretty good.

McGrath, Gillespie, Ambrose, Warner, Walsh, Donald, Fleming, Zaheer Khan, MacGill, Reiffel, de Villiers, Harbhajan, McDermott, Kasprowicz, Lee, Waqar, Wasim, Murali, Vaas.

I don’t know how true it is, but it was often said of Crawley that he would get a score in dead inns… like when England had no chance of winning or saving the game in the 4th inns he’d get a few, but in the crunch inns he’d get nothing

I’ve done no statsguring to verify this - but it was a charge often levelled at him

Users who are viewing this thread