Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

I don’t think Mo was too bad all things considered but I’ve only been following the scorecard for at least three sessions now if not more. I like Rootalitharan as a spinner but I doubt he’ll be of much use once he starts getting hit on a flat pitch. I think they’ll also work on countering Brook’s medium bowling should it happen in the next game better.

I think the plan works if you have a pitch that can slightly aid the bowlers so that your bowlers get some usefulness from it whilst the Aussies don’t naturally get the same effectiveness and your side plays aggressive cricket with the bat to mitigate the potential lack of a number eight who would be considered more than a tailender in 2023. You then get on the field and try to get them all out in an equally aggressive manner before the lack of a holding spinner starts impacting the innings which is where a pitch that has a little something for the bowlers helps.
Post automatically merged:

Pretty much said so that the Aussie tail is horrible. Cummins batting for sixty two balls was definitely not on the cards and I’d say it’s something England should’ve not allowed to happen.
Yeah that annoying 34 run partnership for 7th wicket could still prove costly

They can probably make as many changes or additions as they want, don't think it's as strict as an ICC event.
OK well in that case Foakes has to come into consideration for Lord's,however my gut feeling is that's not going to happen. The main reason being because England are unsure where to fit him into team.

Yeah that annoying 34 run partnership for 7th wicket could still prove costly

OK well in that case Foakes has to come into consideration for Lord's,however my gut feeling is that's not going to happen. The main reason being because England are unsure where to fit him into team.
I see no chance Foakes is coming back in the series unless Bairstow picks up an injury - even then they might just give Pope the gloves.

So Stokes & McCullum aren't in the least bit concerned about more dropped catches and missed stumpings then
While they might be innovative I think they will stubbornly back their decisions and selections. I think it'd take something truly calamitous for them to budge.

The top 7 won't change for at least this series unless someone gets injured. Can't see it changing for long after that.

Hate to say this, but I agree completely with KP, and what he said about Australia's tactics. Zak Crawley 'nicks off for fun' and they have given perfect opportunities to get in on a flat track.
I’m absolutely amazed at Australia’s fielding positions in this game

Never seen such a passive outlook

Now we will see what England are made of. Getting undone by their own conditions!

Steven Smith is such a dickhead sorry to say but he is.

Users who are viewing this thread