Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

How do you swing the ball? I select inswing or outswing, and see virtually no movement in the air?

may be pitch didn't support swing :p I tried offcut, legcut too. Nothing happened in visible mode! :D All were smashed nicely except the straight yorker length ones.

In BLIC 07/05 you used to have to press another button, to make it swing, that does not seem to work any more.

i had some strange experience of the batsman halting during a run and waiting as if he is in the crease and finally getting run out...

I experienced this too this morning before I went to work.

Whenever my batsmen went for a second run, one of them would stop halfway down the wicket as if he was in his crease and so be run out. :facepalm

It didn't just happen once, but continually. It started when I was about 3-4 wickets down, and I had paused the game for 20 mins or so whilst I went and got some breakfast so I don't know if that was related in some way. Oh, and I was using the demo extender so that could have helped to mess up the game engine.

To me giving the wrong person runout every time in a co-op game is a crtical bug.. This needs to be fixed ASAP.. There is no point of having a functionality where each player runs for himself when u get runout if u choose not to run in a no run situation..

To me giving the wrong person runout every time in a co-op game is a crtical bug.. This needs to be fixed ASAP.. There is no point of having a functionality where each player runs for himself when u get runout if u choose not to run in a no run situation..

Yes it is a critical bug.... what if the innocent batsman is on 99*? That would be pretty annoying.

Whenever my batsmen went for a second run, one of them would stop halfway down the wicket as if he was in his crease and so be run out. :facepalm

It didn't just happen once, but continually. It started when I was about 3-4 wickets down, and I had paused the game for 20 mins or so whilst I went and got some breakfast so I don't know if that was related in some way. Oh, and I was using the demo extender so that could have helped to mess up the game engine.

Odd. I've never seen that happen and I'm also using the expander.

Yes, I have this a few times. Poor bloke stands there all correctly, feeling chuffed with himself for getting back in time, with his team mate at the other end wondering why he's standing so smugly half way down the pitch and before he can shout out to him to get his arse moving he's trundling off to the dressing room and "the coaching manual" as Aggers phrased it.

Yes, I have this a few times. Poor bloke stands there all correctly, feeling chuffed with himself for getting back in time, with his team mate at the other end wondering why he's standing so smugly half way down the pitch and before he can shout out to him to get his arse moving he's trundling off to the dressing room and "the coaching manual" as Aggers phrased it.

What level do you play on? I've been playing almost exclusively on Hard and I've never seen that happen.

Still, either way, it's a bug and bugs Must Be Squished!

What level do you play on? I've been playing almost exclusively on Hard and I've never seen that happen.

Still, either way, it's a bug and bugs Must Be Squished!

To be honest I have only dabbled at hard and have basically being playing on easy to get used to the controls with occassional forrays into "normal", which is an interesting way of putting it. My computer is not the best so I am constantly tweaking and chopping and changing to get the right balance so I can actually attempt to time the ball. One thing that I really do want to see fixed or patched is the fact that if you choose to have no crowds because of the graphics impact you dont get the sound either which makes it sound like the greatest cricketing conquest of all time is happening on Morcambe seafront in November. Added that to the fact that Shane Warne is really doing his best to make sure he sounds like he is being forced-fed his script makes for a rather dismall and lonely experience!!

To be honest I have only dabbled at hard and have basically being playing on easy to get used to the controls with occassional forrays into "normal", which is an interesting way of putting it. My computer is not the best so I am constantly tweaking and chopping and changing to get the right balance so I can actually attempt to time the ball. One thing that I really do want to see fixed or patched is the fact that if you choose to have no crowds because of the graphics impact you dont get the sound either which makes it sound like the greatest cricketing conquest of all time is happening on Morcambe seafront in November. Added that to the fact that Shane Warne is really doing his best to make sure he sounds like he is being forced-fed his script makes for a rather dismall and lonely experience!!

Really? That is not really acceptable now is it, Transmission? Add that to the list, boys. :)

One thing that I really do want to see fixed or patched is the fact that if you choose to have no crowds because of the graphics impact you dont get the sound either which makes it sound like the greatest cricketing conquest of all time is happening on Morcambe seafront in November.
Yet they still mention how it is a 'full house' and the 'crowd will be buzzing'.

I think some folks need to remember at the end of the day this is just a "game" not real cricket. If you play any game for hours on end, even on a hard setting, eventually you will get better at it and be able to dominate a pre set AI that on a console or PC can not think and play like a human can, and never will.

If you want a proper game, get online and face a REAL person, then you will see how good you really are;)

And as for slogging 10 an over in a test match, is there anything stopping a test side going out and slogging in a test match?.....................nope, but they CHOOSE not to do so, in a 20/20 game they dont have the fear so just go out and smash it, but its the same players with the same ball and same conditions its all about how YOU to decide to approach a game of cricket:D

Well, i was thinking about this...in real life the reason teams dont go out and smash it all over the park (like T20 matches) is not because of tradition or becuase its a test match per se, it's about risk. Smashing a six in real life is inherently riskier than playing a ground shot. It's all about risk. In T20 you have 20 overs and 10 wickets to lose, in a test match you have 'a long, undetermined' amount of time and still 10 wickets to lose. In real life you could play a test like you do a T20 but you would only make 150-200 runs, though you'd make it very quickly lol. Test match par scores are more like 350 minimum, which means you have to 'pace yourself' better as a team.

The game batting mechanics need to capture the 'inherent risk' of smashing 4's and 6's every ball (extreme example) and charging every ball. If it is not risky to do these and players are smashing at will and NOT losing wickets then it's a flaw of the batting system. I can guarantee you if you started smashing 4's and 6's in HARD mode and charging but getting out very cheaply (because it is much riskier to play this way) then you'd very quickly stop playing this style because you want to make bigger scores, not because you want to deliberately restrict yourself to play in teh style of a test match in real life.

But as it is, it is NOT risky to play the ultra-aggressive style, as evidenced by many of the members who are smashing at will and NOT losing wickets.

In the end the choice is up to the player on how they want to play, but you should not have to deliberately restrict how you play, the game should FORCE you to play properly - in this case if you play risky (as judged risky in real life) in the game, then there should be a high element of risk involved and consequently a severe penalty for playing that way - i.e. losing wickets quickly.

That's my say, sorry went on a bit...

Users who are viewing this thread