Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

any one saw any leg byes in the game,i played the game for 4 hours ,many ball hits the pad then i took singles,but no leg bye is given :(

I think some folks need to remember at the end of the day this is just a "game" not real cricket. If you play any game for hours on end, even on a hard setting, eventually you will get better at it and be able to dominate a pre set AI that on a console or PC can not think and play like a human can, and never will.

If you want a proper game, get online and face a REAL person, then you will see how good you really are;)

And as for slogging 10 an over in a test match, is there anything stopping a test side going out and slogging in a test match?.....................nope, but they CHOOSE not to do so, in a 20/20 game they dont have the fear so just go out and smash it, but its the same players with the same ball and same conditions its all about how YOU to decide to approach a game of cricket:D

Agreed. But the point here is the response of the AI to slogging. They don't change the line|length nor do they change the field. Yes I know it's a demo but if it is the same in the final build then there is not point in purchasing the game. Also don't you think playing for 8 hours is a very short time to master a game? I mean you can smash the ball starting second over and the only reason why it took such a long time for me was due to the fact that I was not familiar with controls and also I was trying to play defensively. Once you get aggressive, the game is so easy. :(

chavanak added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

any one saw any leg byes in the game,i played the game for 4 hours ,many ball hits the pad then i took singles,but no leg bye is given :(

Yes I got one legbye but the score was counted as runs :(

And as for slogging 10 an over in a test match, is there anything stopping a test side going out and slogging in a test match?.....................nope, but they CHOOSE not to do so, in a 20/20 game they dont have the fear so just go out and smash it, but its the same players with the same ball and same conditions its all about how YOU to decide to approach a game of cricket:D

True. its upto an individual approach BUT if my opposition starts slogging from the 1st over itself, i'd set a defensive field and try mixing up my deliveries which sadly the AI doesnt do. and PLEASE DONT TELL ME " ITS A DEMO " !

Yes. Not because i love the game or anything. it better than its predecessors but not upto the expectations.
Transmission have genuinely made an effort to make the game different, their developers joined the forums,took notes of what needs to be fixed etc....

It's a 6 over demo (more if using extender) and your making assumptions already? Not saying it's going to be awesome or anything, just seems a bit rich.

It's a 6 over demo (more if using extender) and your making assumptions already? Not saying it's going to be awesome or anything, just seems a bit rich.

Yes it is a demo but the main purpose to release a demo is to get more people to purchase it; to show the quality and the features of the game. But here the main basics are missing. Bowling variation is a must, not even Glen Mcgrath can bowl the same line and length every ball :(

a query about the edges :-

1) is it possible for the edges to go to 3rd slip while your playing a lofted leg glance ?? :confused:

Agreed. But the point here is the response of the AI to slogging. They don't change the line|length nor do they change the field. Yes I know it's a demo but if it is the same in the final build then there is not point in purchasing the game. Also don't you think playing for 8 hours is a very short time to master a game? I mean you can smash the ball starting second over and the only reason why it took such a long time for me was due to the fact that I was not familiar with controls and also I was trying to play defensively. Once you get aggressive, the game is so easy. :(

chavanak added 1 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Yes I got one legbye but the score was counted as runs :(

True the AI doesnt seem to react that well to smashing it.

BUT remember you are playing a demo of 3 overs, that the AI has not been optimised for (words of the games maker), and has been tampered with, with an extender!!:)

The final game COULD be slightly different, would you not agree?

But even then I am sure the AI wont be perfect and you will be able to get silly scores, which is why online is crucial to this games success as with most games today. Human>AI.

I understand your dissapointment however if you were epecting something else and not trying to have a go:D

True the AI doesnt seem to react that well to smashing it.

BUT remember you are playing a demo of 3 overs, that the AI has not been optimised for (words of the games maker), and has been tampered with, with an extender!!:)

The final game COULD be slightly different, would you not agree?

But even then I am sure the AI wont be perfect and you will be able to get silly scores, which is why online is crucial to this games success as with most games today. Human>AI.

I understand your dissapointment however if you were epecting something else and not trying to have a go:D

Yeah, for now I will wait. I will wait for reviews from planetcricket or maybe I will purchase the game just to support the dev's. They have done a wonderful job but some major flaws...

Yeah, for now I will wait. I will wait for reviews from planetcricket or maybe I will purchase the game just to support the dev's. They have done a wonderful job but some major flaws...

Cool, at the end of the day we all want the same thing.....

A DAMN GOOD CRICKET GAME!!:D:D:D

so your views are valid but lets not focus too much on the negative when there are at least quite a few positives this time round, but things can always be improved!!:banana2

No Bugs...because I could only manage 5 runs all out. Was too busy missing and edging the ball to notice any lol :laugh:p:banana2:happy

All i can is...be grateful that someone has botherd to make a cricket game and stop complaining.

I kmow its only a demo but seriously do there beta testers even do anything?
After my 1st play i could see there was serious issues with runouts and the demo is based off the test match version of game where runouts shouldnt happen very often.

Trouble is since demo has been released it means game is in final stage an ready for release, not much chance of this problem being fixed :( unless theres a patch later on.

Other than that theres only minor problems.

Ive now played 7 games an only managed to get 4 wickets bowled and heaps of runouts.
Also havent figured out how to catch the ball yet.

Going to try the demo expander an see if i can finally figure out how to take a catch.

Trouble is since demo has been released it means game is in final stage an ready for release, not much chance of this problem being fixed :( unless theres a patch later on.

Well...apparently not.

i had some strange experience of the batsman halting during a run and waiting as if he is in the crease and finally getting run out...

also once or twice the ball took the edge n went over the slips n stopped before the 3rdman boundary.... the slip fielder ran to it but doent pick up n throw the ball back....:facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread