Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

I decided to go for a down the track shot a totally missed ( was messing with different shots) and keeper got it and threw a direct hit and got me out as batsman just stood there making no effort to return to the crease.

because you have to hit a button to get back into your crease

oh ok, that went so bloody quick I didnt even see it happen! One minute I was going for slog and then the bails were in the air.

stumps didn't flew as directly hitting by Johnson pace:eek: while bowling to ravi bopara

piyumy added 4 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

its reminds me the Gameplay of Brian Lara International Cricket 2005 with updated graphics & onscreen visual help & tips:spy

piyumy added 3 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

there is also the same problem of player names (because of unlicensed) of other teams except Australia & England.:doh

BLIC 2005 was a pile of horse manure compared to this game, as was BLIC 2007.

Yeps. The things that need to be fixed as a priority in my opinion are, in this order:

Edges: They don't fly as they should and top edges are totally borked. They should fly straight up into the air, or go over slips/keeper for four. All they do is just go a few metres in the air.

AI's Running: As outlined above.

Speed of ball: This should help with the edges problem and should give bouncers some danger. Right now, there is no danger with bouncers - they're far too slow.

Speed of Outfield: Far too slow - the ball could be speeding to the boundary and then it slows down far too much, as though the outfield is waterlogged or something!

Pitch bounce: We need to be able to bowl on a good length and not get clattered. The pitch is currently too bouncy on a good length. We should be able to bowl on a good length and hit the top of off stump.

Weird glitch: The ball was racing to the boundary, stopped, went backwards and then a fielder picked it up. What gives?? :eek:

Backward defensive shots:
When have you ever seen one of these race for four? Forward push yes, but not a backward defensive.

i'd second that !!

the ball races to the boundary ONLY if the timing is perfect....even good timings which generate great pace suddenly stop near the boundaries..:eek:

-bouncer is pretty useless and also its too drastic....either its around the ribs or too Over-The-Top !!

-Advance Down the Wicket shots always plays at lightning speed
and always seems to be weird shots ?? :confused:

-during yorker deliveries, even when we press the Front Foot button...
still plays a hook shot ! :doh:doh:doh

-bowlers bowling TOO full or too short.

-fullish deliveries can be put away for four even with BackFoot shots.

-ball SPINNING down the leg side can be smashed towards backward point for four !! :doh

bowlers keep pitching ball in same areas for an enitre over
i.e if he bowls a over pitch ball on first delievery then he will continue to do that for entire over
no mixing of delevires guys
this is a serious bug

bowlers keep pitching ball in same areas for an enitre over
i.e if he bowls a over pitch ball on first delievery then he will continue to do that for entire over
no mixing of delevires guys
this is a serious bug

Yes, they need to mix their lengths up a bit more, if not their line. That would really make the AI hard to play!!

When the ball is hit to the non-striker batsman, he never moves and the ball will stop there.

Oh dear, just started the game on hard difficulty, and two Australian batsmen have run themselves out in the first over, under no pressure what so ever.

Cricket games. :noway

When the game releases, I will unstuck it and stick the new thread for Bugs. Till then, let it be sticky.

You people complaint a lot :) just kidding guys.

Ye few of the bugs seriously needs addressing such as runt out and batsman playing back foot shot to full length.

Well I was all set for a maiden over by Freddie, last ball of the over perfect line and length, blocked for my maiden, then suddenly Agnew says its gone for four, the camera races to the boundary and Kaitch has 4 runs! :eek:

If the fielder is inside the circle they ALWAYS hit the stumps. That's realistic. :rtfl

Something which happened to me which was super weird was the I was bowling and strauss hit the ball into the covers, just outside the inner ring and it stopped - next moment the umpire signals four!

Pretty much agree with what Jkartik said...spot on mate! Would probably also add the delayed reaction of fielders when balls are hit into gaps....one can easily steal singles that way.

I feel there are too many direct hits as well, even poor fielders like panesar get direct hits!

Another thing which isnt a bug but perhaps rather an omission is the fact that you can not surprise the batsman by special deliveries such as BLC2005/2007. The way you would bowl and select a length ball only to bowl a yorker, thats perhaps the one and only thing I think we can take from BLC05. At the moment if you bowl a ball a certain length the batman pretty much knows its going to be on that length, only has to negotiate the delivery type.

Too many runout decisions going to 3rd umpire, its as if the on-field umpires dont pay attention and often the dude is in by a meter! Also too many silly appeals...

Wouldnt say pacing of innings is a bug, best pacing we've seen in any cricket game, yet it is pretty easy to score at like 8rpo on HARD mode without using loft button (Ive only used it once in about 40 games that I have played).

Player stats is still a major bug, I have no idea how they calculate the stats but its terrible...the one moment Siddle's average is 24 the next it is 11 and he didnt take any wickets in the previous game...that along with the stat saying he's bowled 40000 deliveries in tests! Mind boggling really...

Since most have been mentioned, I just have problem with the replays
For me it always shows one angle on the replay for wickets and fours and sixes. I wish they put more replays into the game which can be switched

oh ok, that went so bloody quick I didnt even see it happen! One minute I was going for slog and then the bails were in the air.

Yeah but if you dance down the wicket and miss in real life what are the chances you'll get home anyway? The only ones you have a chance to get back in with are the front foot shots that you miss and your back leg lifts up, which happens in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread