Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

I've just noticed a new bug - apologies if it's been posted before:

When I bowl a short ball, but clearly stop it in the yellow zone, it keeps being called as a no-ball! It's not a no-ball, or a wide and it's not over shoulder height. This one really needs to be fixed Transmission, alongside the daft AI running (just got about six runouts vs the Aussies - all of them suicide-o-runs) and the edges.

Had An Excelent one just now.

Anderson ran into bowl to Watson, with Hauritz at the non strikers end. As Anderson bowled, he knocked the stumps at Hauritz's end out with his feet and Watson was given out bowled.

I am honestly telling truth

@Above poster: Oh dear...

I have a couple more things.

Firstly, the animation for backfoot straight drive is borked: it looks exactly like backfoot defensive - no follow through at all!

Secondly, and this is more of an annoyance than a bug, but I wish the batsman wouldn't say 'No!' after every ball!! Even when it's clearly heading for a gap, or indeed for four! It would be better if they say 'wait' instead, calmly, not shouting it. It is almost as annoying as 'yahoooooo!' man after every ball from BLIC 2007.

the sounds are all terrible, i hate the appeals, Howsie? what kind of appeal is that. The commentary is like a bad shane warne interview. he sounds like an idiot just basically repeating what Aggers says.

I have batted 4 full innings now, and bowled 4 full innings. There are at least 4 run outs per each CPU inning.

the sounds are all terrible, i hate the appeals, Howsie? what kind of appeal is that. The commentary is like a bad shane warne interview. he sounds like an idiot just basically repeating what Aggers says.

I have batted 4 full innings now, and bowled 4 full innings. There are at least 4 run outs per each CPU inning.

All you have to do is listen to a real match to hear how loud the appeals are!! The whole team appeals, the crowd appeals, it's really, really loud! So why can't devs. ever get that right? There has not been a single cricket game ever where you could properly hear the appeal. Hopefully, PC members can get inside the sound files, make the 'howzat' louder and replace the 'howsieee' with it!

As far as the demo is concerned, the commentary is borked. It was 14 degrees and Shane Warne said 'that the players would be sweating in the 40 degree heat!!!!!' :doh

And there are far too many CPU run outs, but I have all confidence this will be fixed in a patch; I am expecting it to be in the full game, I'm afraid. :noway Also, I'm sorry Transmisson, but the edges are borked as well. Please fix them.

Still bloody getting it though!! It's a great game! :D

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Had An Excelent one just now.

Anderson ran into bowl to Watson, with Hauritz at the non strikers end. As Anderson bowled, he knocked the stumps at Hauritz's end out with his feet and Watson was given out bowled.

I am honestly telling truth

Oh, by the way, I saw Collingwood's likeness today. He looks good! It's amazing how they could get some of them so wrong when some are so good:

Anderson, Panesar, Collingwood, Watson, Ponting and quite a few others.

what are the odds that they will release an official patch? Would they release it for the consoles as well?

All you have to do is listen to a real match to hear how loud the appeals are!! The whole team appeals, the crowd appeals, it's really, really loud! So why can't devs. ever get that right? There has not been a single cricket game ever where you could properly hear the appeal. Hopefully, PC members can get inside the sound files, make the 'howzat' louder and replace the 'howsieee' with it!

horrible appealing sounds...and very poor crowd and ambiance....add
to that the crowd does not react to anything at all...its like one giant
Crowd file looping over and over again...!

when the aussies appeal....you speakers should go crazy. :p
especially in tense situations....pontings appeal alone should be enough
to produce cracking sounds ! :D

Oh, by the way, I saw Collingwood's likeness today. He looks good! It's amazing how they could get some of them so wrong when some are so good:

Anderson, Panesar, Collingwood, Watson, Ponting and quite a few others.

panesar is spot on......and so is freddie !! :p

whatever it may be...am still buying this game...no second thoughts.! :)

what are the odds that they will release an official patch? Would they release it for the consoles as well?

I think they will and it'll be released for consoles as well if they do.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

horrible appealing sounds...and very poor crowd and ambiance....add
to that the crowd does not react to anything at all...its like one giant
Crowd file looping over and over again...!

when the aussies appeal....you speakers should go crazy. :p
especially in tense situations....pontings appeal alone should be enough
to produce cracking sounds ! :D

Well, if you guys can get inside the sound files, you can at least turn up the 'howzat' sound and lose the crappy 'howsiieeee' sound...

WTF:eek::eek::eek:

Instead. of runout i got a extra run

Bouncers are not as fast as they should be. They are just a waste at the moment.

Another bug is that sometimes when i try to play leg side flick of a yorker ,the batsman plays hook shot thus i got bowled. This happened far to many times(i had Frontfoot button pressed).

Sorry to break a lot of hearts but i found a gamebreaker tactic which can be used to get AI out quickly. All you have to do i set a silly point,short mid wicket, shot mid off, a square leg, a short extra cover. Now bowl yorkers with bowling meter stopping in yellow. You would get atleast 2 catches to either of close in fielders. I have managed to bowl them out for 69 using this tactic:crying:crying:crying. I hope this can be fixed by some patch

AngryPixel added 13 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

LOL

i'd second that !!

-fullish deliveries can be put away for four even with BackFoot shots.

!! :doh

West Indian batsment of past used to do it all the time :)
By the way all these bugs that you guys have pointed out are giving me the creeps.

Last edited:
@AngryPixel : That was very weird. :laugh But it still didn't happen to me. ;)

The things which annoyed me,

1) Reaction after catch. :facepalm
2) Speed of England bowlers. I guess, it will be of more impact for non-licensed team. ( if the speed factor is not fixed )
3) The top edge just goes to knee high and roams near the stump area and stays there. How can this type of top edge can happen against a fast bowler. If it's a spinner, atleast, this is possible, but against pacers?
4) Crowd reaction? I though turning crowd effect ON/OFF will matter. But in playtest preview, people have mentioned like whistle sounds, " go Aussie " something like I remembered reading. May be, we can get it in final build. Even in demo, once I got a great atmosphere with whistle sounds & Indian stadium kind of atmosphere, but after that I don't know why, but I didn't get such kind of atmosphere.
5) I don't know whether it's my fault, but whenever I am bowling and ball goes to fielder, the fielders' throw from boundary is so poor. I think I have missed some control for fielding.

I don't mind the above, because, the outcome of the game is excellent in such a way that there are loads and loads of positives in the game especially the gameplay. So I am buying this for sure 100%! :) Hats off to Transmission.

West Indian batsment of past used to do it all the time :)
By the way all these bugs that you guys have pointed out are giving me the creeps.

we are not playing with WINdies are we ?? ;)

you want more creepiness ?? take a look at this
http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1482531-post555.html

jkartik added 5 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

5) I don't know whether it's my fault, but whenever I am bowling and ball goes to fielder, the fielders' throw from boundary is so poor. I think I have missed some control for fielding.

your not the only one...sometimes throws from the outfield just rolls along the ground as though he is playing underarm ! :doh

aren't any of u guys facing problem with anti-aliasing?
also...the black bars don't allow full screen gaming :(

MY PC:
C2D 6300 @ 1.86
Palit 9800GT 1gb
4GB Kingston DDR2
1TB HDD

Guys I am sorry but the game is a big let down :( After testing the extender for AbBh, I played the whole night. Now, I am able to score 100 odd runs in 5 overs. The AI is too easy to go after, it's almost like EA cricket where you can smash any number of boundaries you want in an over.
I was able to hit Anderson for 3 sixers in one over and 1 boundary :( :(
I am mostly not going to purchase this game. Not until I hear some reviews :( :(

Users who are viewing this thread