Ashes Cricket 2009 Demo Bugs Thread

Guys I am sorry but the game is a big let down :( After testing the extender for AbBh, I played the whole night. Now, I am able to score 100 odd runs in 5 overs. The AI is too easy to go after, it's almost like EA cricket where you can smash any number of boundaries you want in an over.
I was able to hit Anderson for 3 sixers in one over and 1 boundary :( :(
I am mostly not going to purchase this game. Not until I hear some reviews :( :(

i dont know why you guys are playing in T20 style in test match,i mean lofting all the balls in aerial direction,attacking each and every ball,It is a test mate:doh.
no need to smack every ball

Last edited:
^Were you on easy mate. and if you were charging down the wicket every ball than AI is not totally at fault here.

Guys I am sorry but the game is a big let down :( After testing the extender for AbBh, I played the whole night. Now, I am able to score 100 odd runs in 5 overs. The AI is too easy to go after, it's almost like EA cricket where you can smash any number of boundaries you want in an over.
I was able to hit Anderson for 3 sixers in one over and 1 boundary :( :(
I am mostly not going to purchase this game. Not until I hear some reviews :( :(

HARD mode ?? :eek:

i dont know why you guys are playing in T20 style in test match,i mean lofting all the balls in aerial direction,attacking each and every ball,It is a test mate:doh.
Yes it's a test match and we must not slog. But if we are slogging, then atleast the AI must change the field if not change the line and|or length. Till now nothing of that sort!!! If we are able to slog so easily in test matches, I think it will be the same even in ODI.

no need to smack every ball

well..if you are able to score at over 10 runs an over....would you deliberately defend or score as much as possible ??

HARD mode ?? :eek:

Yes it was in hard mode. I will play again and get some proof. But I am disappointed :( Also this is only my opinion but the thing is anyone can try to smash the AI bowling and you can do it easily. Especially with Huges and Ponting.

Yes it's a test match and we must not slog. But if we are slogging, then atleast the AI must change the field if not change the line and|or length. Till now nothing of that sort!!! If we are able to slog so easily in test matches, I think it will be the same even in ODI.

ya!! i am really concerned about changing field,but it may be problem of old build :mad:,because the play testers's review was completely different :spy

^I don't know but can the extender temper with original make up and design of AI. Also the AI is not optimized even for three overs. I don't think we should read too much into it :noway

^I don't know but can the extender temper with original make up and design of AI. Also the AI is not optimized even for three overs. I don't think we should read too much into it :noway

I agree with this post, your probably screwing with the game, therefore it's easier. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but it doesn't look to positive :(.

ya!! i am really concerned about changing field,but it may be problem of old build :mad:,because the play testers's review was completely different :spy
I really hope so. IF you play the game say for 7-8 hours then you can smash all deliveries. I have already played for more than 10 hours.
IMO, the extender does not in anyway interfere with the gameplay. If the demo allowed 10 overs, I think we could achieve the same results. The first over is crucial, after that it's routine

Last edited:
even without the extender, i was able to score aggressively !

the first time i played...my score was 6/6, the next day after getting to know the controls and the system well...i was able to score 35/0 in 3 overs.
its all about the knack of timing and your good to go..

Kartik are you going to buy the full game??

Two things are of utmost importance in the final build
1. The AI must change it's field. I am not telling like EA in which a fielder is placed where you hit the ball. More like a spread field if we are slogging hard.
2. The line and length must have more variety.

If these two things are there in the final build, then I will purchase the game. It costs me nearly 53 euros for this game and it's not a small amount.

I think some folks need to remember at the end of the day this is just a "game" not real cricket. If you play any game for hours on end, even on a hard setting, eventually you will get better at it and be able to dominate a pre set AI that on a console or PC can not think and play like a human can, and never will.

If you want a proper game, get online and face a REAL person, then you will see how good you really are;)

And as for slogging 10 an over in a test match, is there anything stopping a test side going out and slogging in a test match?.....................nope, but they CHOOSE not to do so, in a 20/20 game they dont have the fear so just go out and smash it, but its the same players with the same ball and same conditions its all about how YOU to decide to approach a game of cricket:D

Kartik are you going to buy the full game??

Yes. Not because i love the game or anything. it better than its predecessors but not upto the expectations.
Transmission have genuinely made an effort to make the game different, their developers joined the forums,took notes of what needs to be fixed etc....

Users who are viewing this thread