Ashes Cricket 2013 Cancelled

fade0508

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It is great to see that they had guts to apologize publicly... similar to what Apple did after the Apple maps fiasco.

I don't think they had much left to offer. Even this apology is an attempt at damage limitation. Their PR machine is clearly worried about the 505 brand rather than genuine remorse and regret.

Every attempt was made to fleece the public and 'Steamgate' was their last ditch attempt at that. As someone once said to me, 'If you are cornered then grovel or pick between the gun and rope'.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've never worked so hard to get a $20 refund in my life!

Crossy333

County Cricketer
I have to say, Ashes 13 really has brought the PlanetCricket community together. Even the trolls stopped trolling... Brings a tear to ones eye

number897130

School Cricketer
Is there any way those of us that didn't initially purchase 'Ashes Cricket 2013' will be able to get it now?

After seeing how bad it looked, I kind of wanted to play it...

Paulo

School Cricketer
Thank goodness that sad little chapter in cricket gaming history is over.

How they can have mismanaged such a high profile licence is criminal. The apology is seemingly sincere but would not have been needed if they had used the light meters back in the middle of the year and seen that dark times were afoot. First time I've heard of a refund on a game though, so at least the apology was 'all that and more'.

Fingers crossed that BA are now in advanced negotiations with retailers and still have plans for a 2013 release. Maybe I can replay the match on DBC after we get 'tonked' again at the Adelaide Oval.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Thank goodness that sad little chapter in cricket gaming history is over.

How they can have mismanaged such a high profile licence is criminal. The apology is seemingly sincere but would not have been needed if they had used the light meters back in the middle of the year and seen that dark times were afoot. First time I've heard of a refund on a game though, so at least the apology was 'all that and more'.

Fingers crossed that BA are now in advanced negotiations with retailers and still have plans for a 2013 release. Maybe I can replay the match on DBC after we get 'tonked' again at the Adelaide Oval.

It's hard to forgive when they still gave the green light to release this tripe less than a week ago. An apology was the least they could do.

Furthermore, we are yet to hear from the real people who need apologising: Trickster games.

Users who are viewing this thread