Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Hey Chief, any idea when we can expect the next podcast?

1st rule of playing cards: Don't show your cards if you have a losing hand!

I just dont get it. Surely we should just be incredibly joyful that not one but two new cricket games are coming out? That can only be a good thing right? We have been hoping and wondering whether there would ever be a new game and here we are on the verge of two new games. I just dont understand the mentality of writing this game off before it has had the chance to show what it has to offer. I dont understand why people are so incredibly darnright rude. I for one appreciate the fact that Chief has come on here all these long months and spoken about what he could speak about. From the very beginning he has said that if he does not answer a question it is not because he wont it is because he cant at the moment. Added to that he has himself been incredibly gracious towards the BA game and developers. Of course I am sure my comments will bring about more negativity but these are forums and everyone has a right to their opinion.

I just dont get it. Surely we should just be incredibly joyful that not one but two new cricket games are coming out? That can only be a good thing right? We have been hoping and wondering whether there would ever be a new game and here we are on the verge of two new games. I just dont understand the mentality of writing this game off before it has had the chance to show what it has to offer. I dont understand why people are so incredibly darnright rude. I for one appreciate the fact that Chief has come on here all these long months and spoken about what he could speak about. From the very beginning he has said that if he does not answer a question it is not because he wont it is because he cant at the moment. Added to that he has himself been incredibly gracious towards the BA game and developers. Of course I am sure my comments will bring about more negativity but these are forums and everyone has a right to their opinion.

And really....BigAnt and Trickstar are not on a warpath that one will win and the other will lose. Both are here for a long haul (hopefully) and it would really be awesome if both games are sold almost equally!

Having two games of the same sport is ALWAYS great!!! Not only is there healthy competition, but both the teams can also benefit from each other's work, which would only mean a higher rate of growth for both the games!!

Also, both have taken a totally different approach, so its really a blessing to have two cricket games available to us in the next 2-4 months!

We have been waiting a long time for console cricket again ,
And we have two to choose from me personally will buy both
Because I am a cricket fan.
I think ashes will sell very well on consoles and big ant on PC ( for god sake please no copying from torrents ) as this will kill any future cricket games !

Some opinions are better than others.

Sami alluh khan and Gone4aDuck have been through the grind - they've experienced the "negativity" as you call it, of the bad side of cricket gaming. They're just not prepared to be naive and say "thank you Sir, may I have another" when it comes to getting another cricket game.

I'll admit it's nice to get two games in one year, but let's stay objective and wait for the evidence to come in. And I tell you what, if Sammi ullah khan and Gone4aDuck like any game, I'll pay attention!

I think the problem isn't people subjectively saying "the game is going to be wonderful I'll buy it regardless" it's people saying "the game is going to be awful I'm not going to buy it."
No-one has suggested anything other than read reviews first and make a decision yet there is a lot of negativity, some of it quite personal, towards both Chief and Trickstar which in my opinion is not only uncalled for but a poor way to thank them for taking the time to engage with us.
EA's idea of "community engagement" was a Q&A before release and not a peep after. People start to take things for granted way too easily.

This game might be much worse than Big Ant's and it might be much better. All we can do right now is compare feature lists which tell us nothing about how the game will play.

There's always negativity about cricket games - just read my reviews going back several titles - but we should support the developers for actually bothering to make a game and reserve judgement till we can play it.

Sami alluh khan and Gone4aDuck have been through the grind - they've experienced the "negativity" as you call it, of the bad side of cricket gaming. They're just not prepared to be naive and say "thank you Sir, may I have another" when it comes to getting another cricket game.

I'll admit it's nice to get two games in one year, but let's stay objective and wait for the evidence to come in. And I tell you what, if Sammi ullah khan and Gone4aDuck like any game, I'll pay attention!

Some people are more forgiving than other also, if you think you will get a turd before seeing the game then that's jumping the gun.
It's going to be exciting when chief and ross can show there games more, till then just more waiting.

Don't worry I have been through the grind myself. I have bought every cricket game there is to be had. Tried to enjoy it as much as I could but there was always something that lead to one feeling a bit short changed. So I do not feel I am just being Mr Firths yes boy, as if he needs one, and dancing to the pipes of anyone. I just feel the game needs to first prove itself before judgement is passed. Suggesting the game is going to be crap before it is even out is just as subjective as just saying ah well, anything is good.

Users who are viewing this thread