Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Cricket 2004 is the best game till date.Lets see if Ashes 13 can beat its gameplay and the stadium count.

Well, yesterday I borrowed a copy of Cricket 2004 from my younger cousin and played it on pc.....I have to agree with you totally!! IT really is a good game! It had a lot of potential I must say. There were issues like batting being too easy, but apart from that there were a 'lot' of positives in that game:

a) Different heights
b) Excellent animations
c) The most variation in animation I have ever seen in a cricket game. You would even pad the ball with the bat behind your pad when leaving a ball close to you against a spinner. Excellent!
d) Realistic sound
e) Foreign tours

Really.....that game had a lot of potential. Only if EA had built up around it rather than going for a new engine all together, we really would have had a great cricket game in our hands.

Ea Cricket 2004 with brian lara AI and difficulty levels = Winner cricket game!

You all must play that game atleast once in your life (will also help pass time till BA cricket and AC13 release)! It really is a superb cricket game!

It was just a decent game, it had features, but the gameplay was never up to the mark.

EA cricket 2004 is the best cricket I played so far, it had a lot of stadiums, great animation, all players had Real names and was a really fun game...I still played it lol
The sound was great, loved the sound of the bat, after that it was just rubbish.

The way it is going in the Ashes thread we have been talking about all other cricket games in the world other than AC13.:facepalm

The way it is going in the Ashes thread we have been talking about all other cricket games in the world other than AC13.
It's better than making posts talking about what other people are talking about without any contribution to either subject.

The benchmark you set for comparison is an important topic as it shows what different users focus on about the games.

Not sure exactly what you mean: The game is presented in the same sort of television style as previous Cricket games... Is that what you are asking?

I was asking about the additions in presentation. How different is it going to be from previous games. Post match presentations, new cut scenes, spider-cam, breaks between t20's, presentation of the crowd before match and just about anything that helps in creating the ambiance of a cricket match. Just want to know what are the additions.

Will there be the new ring of fire stadium from Dubai (DSC cricket stadium)?
Will we be able to play without visibly harsh shadows of players on the ground under lights in this stadium?

Well, yesterday I borrowed a copy of Cricket 2004 from my younger cousin and played it on pc.....I have to agree with you totally!! IT really is a good game! It had a lot of potential I must say. There were issues like batting being too easy, but apart from that there were a 'lot' of positives in that game:

a) Different heights
b) Excellent animations
c) The most variation in animation I have ever seen in a cricket game. You would even pad the ball with the bat behind your pad when leaving a ball close to you against a spinner. Excellent!
d) Realistic sound
e) Foreign tours

Really.....that game had a lot of potential. Only if EA had built up around it rather than going for a new engine all together, we really would have had a great cricket game in our hands.

Ea Cricket 2004 with brian lara AI and difficulty levels = Winner cricket game!

You all must play that game atleast once in your life (will also help pass time till BA cricket and AC13 release)! It really is a superb cricket game!

Change game to HARD level,play McGrath in a green track and then see.The ball will just swing away and you will have witnessed some realistic things.:thumbs

Change game to HARD level,play McGrath in a green track and then see.The ball will just swing away and you will have witnessed some realistic things.:thumbs

Was the gameplay that much different in 04 than 07?

chief does it have different options for throwing at stumps either keeper end or bowler end for direct hits & for giving normal throws to bowler and keeper separately

Users who are viewing this thread