Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Trouble is it is tiring to say the same things again and again just because someone cannot be bothered reading a few posts and getting up to date, spending a few moments getting to know forum rules, and especially taking the time to formulate their posts in such a way that people will be willing to help. And I will add that there must be some sort of regulating and some people will always feel offended by that however you do it.

I agree with your last line. Then I assume its inevitable to face such 'player quiting' moments.
I though request you to reduce such a reply to a single sentence than a para long one. If that helps...

Trouble is it is tiring to say the same things again and again just because someone cannot be bothered reading a few posts and getting up to date, spending a few moments getting to know forum rules, and especially taking the time to formulate their posts in such a way that people will be willing to help. And I will add that there must be some sort of regulating and some people will always feel offended by that however you do it.

Regulating can be done without being rude or offensive! If even the members that have been on this forum since long are feeling that the mods are behaving quite rudely with the newcomers then I think you 'should' take it seriously.

Hi chief, how was your day with ashes 2013;),any chance of a pro chief cast soon. Thanks.:D

Regulating can be done without being rude or offensive! If even the members that have been on this forum since long are feeling that the mods are behaving quite rudely with the newcomers then I think you 'should' take it seriously.

As ever if you have a specific problem report the post then not only do we have a record of it but we can give you feedback.
Hopefully this will no longer be an issue once we actually get screenshots for both games over the next 6 weeks (or so).

Time for mods to consider making rules for asking for screenshots and videos and these rules should cover the allowed frequency for such demands ;).

Time for mods to consider making rules for asking for screenshots and videos and these rules should cover the allowed frequency of such demands.

There's no need in my opinion. The people who are posting these requests won't read them anyway and those that do know not to.
If any has specific examples of mods (or anyone else) being rude to people then they should report the post.

This apparently means that;

1. I or other mods have been rude.
2. I or other mods do not take it seriously.

Just because some members have been here a long time doesnt suddenly make them guardians of a higher truth. Nor do I live in the illusion that being a mod does so either.

Frankly I think a number of members here have been a lot ruder than I ever have.

Anyway as has been stated if there are complaints about posts there is a manner in which that can be taken up. Please do so if you feel it is appropriate. Including my posts.

Kids, Pro Tip; Top right hand corner of each thread is a "search" button you can press to see if a question has been asked or not. It's really that simple.

Second from the right, 'search this thread'. Use it.

On topic: Chief, will the player-editor feature things like Tattoo options? Also, best case scenario... How much wood can a wood chuck, chuck... if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Last edited:
Sibi, Even I thought the same thing when I first joined here first, but they are not rude but they are actually strict. Being strict and doing their studies doesnt mean that they are rude. I hope you got my point,

Cheers.:)

On topic: Chief, will the player-editor feature things like Tattoo options? Also, best case scenario... How much wood can a wood chuck, chuck... if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

No tattoo options I'm afraid of either the artistic OR military variety.

To be honest a player editor wasn't high on our list of priorities: we wanted to offer SOME customization, indeed more than before, but considering the people who really care about that always seem to find a way to do it themselves anyway, it wasn't something we felt we needed to work a lot on. :-)

Also the ownership of intellectual property of tattoos are somewhat of a legal grey area at the moment when it comes to video games...

Unlike that, the amount of wood a wood-chuck could chuck if a wood-chuck could chuck wood is proven wholly: it is, I believe, as much wood that a wood-chuck chucked if a wood-chuck could chuck wood.

----------

By the way: Two questions answered over on the official forum, which I'm obviously reproducing here because I don't get to say YES a lot. :yes

Q) Can you save manual field settings?
A) We know how important that has been to fans of previous games, so we have taken this in mind and field placings are saved per game mode - so any Test fields you set will be available in any Test match you subsequently play, and so on.

Q) Does the AI play according to field settings?
A) The Batsman AI's shot selection takes field placements into account (as well as other variables) when deciding where/how/if to hit the ball. They react to changes in the field and are aware where they should be able to score runs on ball-by-ball basis.

Last edited:
The fielding stuff sounds genuinely interesting... sounds more dynamic than previous iterations. Thanks... On the tattoo front, it's not really important at all to be honest, that tramp-stamp of mine will have to remain un-digitised... ahem.

Finally some news. Good to read about dyanmic AI. That will surely add to logevity and playability of ashes cricket

Thanks chief, fielding sounds good. Does the ai use the 50 or so field's like we can, very important for most us. I just did not want to see 4 slips when the score is 0 for 120, also when the ai plugs a gap will the ai go back to the same fields as before.
I hated in ic2010 of a spinner the ai would let me cut for 4 like 3 times then plug gap but then go back to the same field as before, in a test match I mean. Thanks for your time and can't wait to play ashes next month.:D

Good stuff Chief :thumbs

However I do hope the difficulty levels are more realistic in the game and the "Hard" mode is actually hard unlike AC09 or IC2010.

Users who are viewing this thread