Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I was specifically referring to your "bitter taste" nonsense as blabbing... But i give up. Feel free to beat your dead horse.

I was specifically referring to your "bitter taste" nonsense as blabbing... But i give up. Feel free to beat your dead horse.

So just because you are ok with a game means everybody had a great time with the game? Are you saying nobody's allowed to differ from your opinion and if they do they are talking "nonsense" and "babbling"?

So just because you are ok with a game means everybody had a great time with the game? Are you saying nobody's allowed to differ from your opinion and if they do they are talking "nonsense" and "babbling"?

Well to say the least, lets get on track with the game and stop arguing against each other. Even though the reason is fine, it feels below our level to keep doing this.
Cheers.

There's a PC version, so I would assume, yes. Keyboard/Mouse would be included.

AC13 includes a power stick option and that raised the query Biggs. You know how BigAnt explained that it wouldn't be gameplay efficient to map it to Keyboard controls.

There's a PC version, so I would assume, yes. Keyboard/Mouse would be included.

Yes, I know there's a PC version, but I came up with this question as the other game's PC version doesn't support it (Too many analog inputs required, as Ross cleared it). We always expect Keyboard/Mouse to be included for PC, but you never know. I guess I'll wait for Chief to shed some light here.
I always assumed PC games to support Keyboard/Mouse but the other game's news has broken my assumption.

It was (and still is) a great arcade game experience. Same goes for IC10. Despite a few flaws, they're great cricket games... lots of great reviews (even from this very site). You can't rewrite history based on your own preference or bias. If you didn't like it, fine. But saying what you keep on blabbing on about people having "bitter" tastes or whatever is nonsense. There's 55,243 posts in the C09 forum, full of passionate folks.
And for many, those few flaws were game breaking ones. Different people want different things out of the game. Many were legitimately disappointed in what IC2010 offered over and above AC09, the sales figures for it would probably indicate that's a general view.

The online play has really soured many views of the game and I don't for a moment blame people.

Personally, IC2010 is the best cricket game out there - but we're nearly three years on from IC2010, the bar for this game is raised and especially with competition on the market, things that you could accept in the previous editions as the norm just aren't any more.

Well I also get a bitter taste when IC10 is even mentioned, the fact that online play didn't work was bad enough but the fact codemasters never bothered to fix it is criminal for me. So for me its certainly not nonsense

Personally, IC2010 is the best cricket game out there - but we're nearly three years on from IC2010, the bar for this game is raised and especially with competition on the market, things that you could accept in the previous editions as the norm just aren't any more.

This. IC10 is the best offline game out there for me, but 3 years on we need/expect much improvement. The competition from BA will ensure that is the case so a win win for us the consumer

All this talk about ic2010 is sad, we are so close to release of a new cricket game but we are still talking about a 3 year old game.
Now yes i know there was some problems with ic2010 but in the end it was a good game for me, i just hope we just start to talk about ashes 2013 soon when chief and his team are ready to show us all the hard work they have been doing for the last 3 years.p.s To chief can you talk about ashes 2013 ai when they are fielding, it would be great to get this forum back on track for ashes 2013.:yes

Chief, as we are nearing it, when can we know about the system requirements?
Is it only announced after platform approvals? Sure you'd have tried it on every other machine!!!
I'm sure many need to do some 'adjustments'. O

In my view, Ashes developers may not have been much aware of what Ross and his team were developing over the last years. I don't think the competition has been taken into account that much when game was getting developed. Marketing can however be a completely different story.

In my view, Ashes developers may not have been much aware of what Ross and his team were developing over the last years. I don't think the competition has been taken into account that much when game was getting developed. Marketing can however be a completely different story.

I agree. I think they have been taken by surprise and have had to possibly re-think their strategy. I can imagine that if this had been the only game in development we would have perhaps seen much more already.......

In my view, Ashes developers may not have been much aware of what Ross and his team were developing over the last years. I don't think the competition has been taken into account that much when game was getting developed.
I honestly doubt that - even on public info, Big Ant confirmed the game before development would have started on AC13. I think the exact release timing isn't something that was expected, but I'd assume they'd have known and tried to play to their strengths.

On non public info, Trickstar's registered office is on the same street as Big Ant - though their dev studio is a bit away from there (and in a wonderful part of Melbourne I might add) - I'm sure they see a lot of eachother out and about within the fairly small games development industry. Perhaps Ross is the one to ask for screenshots from AC13.

(that's a joke people...)

How long has Ashes 2013 been in development..?

I read someone mention 3 years but I guess that's long enough to have created a feature rich cricket game. Just the fact that this game started development from scratch and coming out with a new and better (hopefully) graphics engine is exciting. :yes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread