Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Call it a hunch. But you're not best pleased are you?!

It was meant to be funny....anyway, I dont mind taking a few knocks to state my point of view. I have said what I felt needed to be said. I guess there are all valid reasons that I dont quite understand but I find the way in which this is being dealt with extremely counterproductive........plus as a paying customer, a customer who has paid I feel that I am entitled to ask a valid question whether the date for receiving the product I have bought in good faith is still valid.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the likely hood in all honesty of the game being scrapped?!

Wouldnt suprise me, its been battered in all aspects by bigant from the moment the games were announced on this forum, its very sad if it does though

@dutch
You'll get no arguments from me. It's one thing to give a release "season". But to give an exact date is something else.
Myself and many others have been sceptical about this game from the start, but have been shot down in flames for it.
I understand that chief can't say anything 505 games won't let him say. But it would be nice to see him at least saying "no comment".
My guess (and of course I'm more than likely wrong) is this game has been tested and is broken. It will take them to long to sort it, an thus a delay is required. In other words, to quote dutchad........we've been led up the garden path. Very, very poor communication.
Ross must be rubbing his hands together.

I don't quite see how the AC13 release date affects when Big Ant release. If I could get my game out for the start of the Ashes and have a clear field I'd be jumping at the chance.

I don't quite see how the AC13 release date affects when Big Ant release. If I could get my game out for the start of the Ashes and have a clear field I'd be jumping at the chance.

Lets hope they do, sure fire way to bury the competition. Biggs is very quiet, wonder if he still thinks this delay won't effect ashes sales, I'd say definately.

I bet Chief and 505 games will come on here soon with a new release date and some lame reason for the delay, if the online is broken then ok i will give them that but september just sounds wrong. I would release it soon or nov for the aus ashes. Ross is looking like the man at the moment.:thumbs

Biggs is very quiet, wonder if he still thinks this delay won't effect ashes sales, I'd say definately.

I would be more concerned about his advice of waiting till both games are out so you can compare reviews!

----------

Ross is looking like the man at the moment.:thumbs

Think he's been looking like "the man" for longer than just a moment.

Well clearly if they release at different times they won't apply. I've said all along I think releasing first is a big advantage.
Key date for me is 10 July. I would be straining every sinew to release around that date if I were either developer.

True that! Can't figure it out... I mean as a cricket game developer & publisher you would want to target the 2 Ashes series this year which is a boon for cricket gaming industry and has never happened before.

One would assume publishers would want to maximize the revenue by releasing it in time for the first Ashes series and have some sort of DLC in time for the 2nd Ashes series in Dec/holiday season thereby giving them 2 shots at selling the same game the same year with minimal changes/add-ons!!!

I thought both publishers would jump at the chance and would target June or July release irrespective of the other game's release schedule. I am still hopeful Big Ant would release the game in July as they wouldn't want to miss out on the first Ashes series, and also coz they would want to capitalize on the momentum generated by CA editor. As for AC 2013, they are still sticking to the June 21st date and that's what we have to go with for the moment.

A part of me is hoping that they will be adding new features with this delay after what they have seen in Big Ant Cricket to be more competitive but sadly this won't happen.

A part of me is hoping that they will be adding new features with this delay after what they have seen in Big Ant Cricket to be more competitive but sadly this won't happen.

Would that help? If they do so, and postpone the release, ppl would already have a game with all those features released months ago.

Tbh, new features is not going to happen, The are probably troubleshooting the current crops of bugs they have encountered. I wish them well, and hope they do well. But Ashes for me is no longer a buy for me. :(

Users who are viewing this thread