Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I feel for fans here who shelved out pre order money. This should not happen to our community.

But seriously if that WAS the reason, at least they've actually made an effort to fix it. :thumbs Even if it does result in a delay. As Barmy said, a delayed game could be a better game.

One would think after the IC2010 fiasco that would be the first thing they would have worked on. I am all for a better game but would appreciate a bit more information from 505 Games. I don't expect them to be as open as Big Ant but they should at least be honest with their customer base (provided the release date indeed has slipped).

Rumours are that game has been pushed back till September.

Can't see that happening. To release a cricket game in the same month as GTA 5 wouldn't make sense. At least not if you want to sell more than 1000 copies! If this game is indeed delayed then I don't think we will see it until the ashes in Australia start.

Well Chief is here and this an ask Chief thread and there are some questions........

It wouldnt suprise me if we did not see either game untill the Aussie summer.

We dont have a name for big ant or any idea of a release date so cant see that coming out around july or there abouts.

I have a feeling that big ant also knew about this delay. Only a hunch from the little convo on their forum about the release date etc and Ross saying can you garantee the ashes release date.

With the negativity on this forum combined with a confirmed delay if it comes this is not going to be a very optamistic place!

If the game doesn't get released in time for Ashes (June or July) it would make more sense for the game release date to be pushed back to Dec for the following reasons: i) No Ashes buzz in Sep, ii) No summer break where kids will want to play the game, and iii) Competition from other titles (GTA V).

Waiting till Dec would make more sense as the game can try to cash in on the 2nd Ashes tour this year and make the most of holiday/xmas season.

Just cannot believe that Chief read through all of this just now and decides to say nothing, nothing. Not a sausage. Sorry mate, I find that really hard to grasp.

I would hate to be in his shoes at the moment except for parts when he gets to play the game.

Just cannot believe that Chief read through all of this just now and decides to say nothing, nothing. Not a sausage. Sorry mate, I find that really hard to grasp.

TBF to Chief he's not in a position to say anything. He's an employee of 505 games and can't go on his own even if he's aware of the delay. He's just a spokesperson for 505 Games and can only provide information he's authorized to do.

I doubt we will hear anything today or over the weekend. Most probably 505 Games are working on how to proceed and chalking out their gameplan with respect to the new release date and Chief will be in a position to share any info once that's done and he has the green signal to disclose the updated info. Nothing against Chief as he's just the messenger. If anyone's to be blamed, it's 505 Games for not keeping their customers in the loop. At the very least they should have stopped the pre-ordering of the game if they were aware of the delay.

Like I said that assumes he is able to say anything about this at present.

Edit: Cricket_Online said it better than me.

Even to acknowledge the posts and explain why he, if that is the case, cannot reply to these specific questions seems a very reasonable thing to me with out going against any protocols there might be, or explain the protocol around this specific issue. No one has been more supportive of this thread or Chief or this game than me but I find this all very, very strange indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread