Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Go read big ant general discussion, lots of talk of ashes 13 being delayed and even Ross from big ant getting his shovel out and digging them out a bit as well

i wouldn't like to believe that rumor but let's see what chief has to say on this.

frustration peeps in (lack of visual data :D)

I agree totally. There must be an algorithm-like number-crunching nerd somewhere that could fully be able to weight events in a match to be able to add this kinda feature in a modern game. I agree, it would be complex to account for every single event in a game, but certainly major benchmarks (5-fors, 10 in a match when bowling, 50s, 100s etc) could all be given a ranking. As long as the rule is "winning side only qualifies for MOTM" then the rest should be reasonably easy to account for?

...I suppose with a simple-set-up you're going to run into issues when someone scores a quickfire 30 to rescue an ODI match and bring it home, who SHOULD be getting MOTM in a "real" scenario, but I'm sure there's smart enough folks out there to figure that stuff out with mathematics.

Surely.

We need to start a worldwide manhunt to find this person! Leave no basement untouched! Haha.

Seriously though, if you have tracking that allows you to trigger PSN trophies, XBL achievements and in-game trophies, surely you can have some sort of man of the match feature. We had a trophy/achievement for 400+ runs in an Ashes series by one batsman in AC09, I'm sure a similar technique can be applied to a Man of the Match feature.

So Chief the word has it that you guys have known or at least six weeks that the game would be delayed.......is that the case? Has the game been delayed?

So Chief the word has it that you guys have known or at least six weeks that the game would be delayed.......is that the case? Has the game been delayed?

Rumours are that game has been pushed back till September.

That would make sense...after the Ashes :facepalm it is all turning into a bit of a soggy sandwich to be honest. I hope Chief can come and restore a bit of faith but I am genuinely a bit bit peed off with it all.....

September? Where did you get this info from?

But if the new release date indeed is Sep, I understand why Ross mentioned "XX/0X/2013" as the release date for Big Ant cricket. Cheeky indeed!

Last edited:
Wonder why Chief isn't replying to any of the talk about the supposed delay in release date? Okay, even if he isn't sure about it or yet to confirm it (which I think is next to impossible), he could at least say so. Common Chief, you gotta say something, something positive, something that'd get us fans smiling again.
I seriously don't want yours/AC13's image tarnished due to all this talk and you keeping quiet about it. Ppl are gonna be more pissed off when you don't answer at all, rather than when you answer something that they didn't want.

Once again I'd remind people that Chief works for 505 Games and is the producer. That doesn't mean he can make announcements about delays off his own back. It presumably requires authorisation from above and, knowing and trusting Chief on a personal level, I can't imagine that he would be with-holding information like this if he had any choice about it.

Users who are viewing this thread