Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Just tell us about the quality of animations and physics as well as gameplay if you can.
Does the batsmen still look dead sill when the bowl leaves the hand or there is follow through animation from batsmen now?

Last edited:
No, they have idiots believing what they like to believe and not facts. It is not based on IC2010, it never was, it can't be, it won't be, it isn't.

Not supporting Satish at all...but Chief did say that, because of the team being the same, some of the work ethics and models might look 'similar'.

No, they have idiots believing what they like to believe and not facts.

(The phrase above applies perfectly to another huge problem we have in society.)

I'm glad to hear the game is not based on IC10. I really disliked that game. Sure, we should be supporting the small cricket gaming industry, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Bad is bad.

I'll be interested to read your review of the game when it comes out.

Not supporting Satish at all...but Chief did say that, because of the team being the same, some of the work ethics and models might look 'similar'.

Ok, this is what Chief has said so far...

1. Everything in AC 13 is built from scratch.

2. Some of the folks who worked on AC 13 also worked on other titles so there may be a little bit of similarity.

So how exactly is what Colin has reported not consistent with what Chief had mentioned? Something "similar" doesn't mean the game is a "patch". Obviously folks will have a similar style of coding/development, which doesn't equate to "reusing" IC 2010 codebase.

Ok, this is what Chief has said so far...

1. Everything in AC 13 is built from scratch.

2. Some of the folks who worked on AC 13 also worked on other titles so there may be a little bit of similarity.

So how exactly is what Colin has reported not consistent with what Chief had mentioned? Something "similar" doesn't mean the game is a "patch". Obviously folks will have a similar style of coding/development, which doesn't equate to "reusing" IC 2010 codebase.

You only repeated my statement. I obviously did not support satish's claim as you can see and I said there would be some similarity.

You only repeated my statement. I obviously did not support satish's claim as you can see and I said there would be some similarity.

Oh ok... I thought otherwise and that's why extended the argument further.

We're on the same page then :cheers

There both cricket games with little white shirted men running around with bats and bowling a red ball, so yeah they will look like ic2010 but with better animations.
Gameplay is king and we don't know much in this area, would love both games to show us soon.:D

how much is the field placement thing different from Custom field placement of cricket 07? Please explain.

how much is the field placement thing different from Custom field placement of cricket 07? Please explain.

Its not even close to that...This game has graphical field placement where u can just place the fielders wherever u want like Cricket revolution but
with better graphics....This would surely be awesome in the game...

Its not even close to that...This game has graphical field placement where u can just place the fielders wherever u want like Cricket revolution but
with better graphics....

I have understood it that the whole realm of field-placing is much more integrated into the actual game graphics, that you will be able to place specific players where you want them whilst still in the game arena as it were.....perhaps I have not read it properly. Others can confirm or qualify more......

I have understood it that the whole realm of field-placing is much more integrated into the actual game graphics, that you will be able to place specific players where you want them whilst still in the game arena as it were.....perhaps I have not read it properly. Others can confirm or qualify more......

May be more like instructing the actual fielders to change positions than going into a birds eye view of the ground where fielders are marked as highlighted circles. May be something on that line.

May be more like instructing the actual fielders to change positions than going into a birds eye view of the ground where fielders are marked as highlighted circles. May be something on that line.

Would be quite cool to see the captain and the bowler discussing things and then a pop down menu or something with the players names and fielding positions, click on it it and off they go.......

Users who are viewing this thread