Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

But you must have seen or played the final version of the game as well as the beta version, so you 'can' tell us if according to you these screens look to have been taken from the final build or the beta? Do you see these graphics as the final ones or have you seen them improved in the version you have been playing :D!

So Chief, atleast you can tell us whether these pics that have been released 'look' similar to the final build that you have been playing on, or they look more like the beta build that you used to play on???

i.e. Would we see better graphics in the final game, or would they look similar to the ones we have seen in the pics released?

What difference does it make? The retail version is the only version that is going to matter, because it's going to be the most polished... 5 images are never going to paint the whole picture. It's like looking at frame of a painting and asking if the finished product is better or not... Of COURSE it's going to be better...

Well, it's not a licensed IPL product, so it is fake.

What difference does it make? The retail version is the only version that is going to matter, because it's going to be the most polished... 5 images are never going to paint the whole picture. It's like looking at frame of a painting and asking if the finished product is better or not... Of COURSE it's going to be better...

Ok...I take your word for it!! :cheers

However, it does matter if these images are from the beta build or from the final one! Though a few pics can never paint the whole picture, it does you a better idea of the final outcome if you know at what stage were the pics clicked from, as then you would have a better idea on what can be expected when the game is released!! Obviously the retail version is what matters in the end, but since we are seeing these pics here, it does make more sense to have a better perspective on them by know more about them i.e. until another set of pics or vids are released....then our focus would shift there ;)!

Btw...good work with the ac09 and Ac13 comparisons pics :cheers!

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with believing me or not. It's common sense.

...if we have backwards bats, reversed stumps and giant floating head keepers in the final game, I'll be hugely disappointed. The evidence would suggest we're not looking at the final game, based on that alone.

It's nothing to do with believing me or not. It's common sense.

...if we have backwards bats and giant floating head keepers in the final game, I'll be hugely disappointed.

Those stuff can be changed....what I wanted to know was whether this is the final level of detail we would get with respect to the graphics (only) or not!!

...and as I said, you won't know that until you receive the retail version. Whatever the version Chief has (or has not got) cannot possibly be the final retail version as they've stated they're still working on the game. Whether that's a good thing or not is irrelevant. Graphically, you can reasonably assume what you see is about what you're going to get in your in-game experience with Ashes 13 based on the unedited raw in-game shots we've seen.

Which look cool.

Last edited:
It's like IC10 in the sense that there are composite teams that can be used for domestic by adding players.
Don't know if the teams can actually be renamed though; they couldn't in IC10 (although we can probably sort something for the PC version).

just 20days left i don't know whether i should give pre order or wait for the reviews??i love games generally,cricket is always special to me but i already has ashes 09 this looks similar auto fielding making me sad but hoping for good gameplay to compensate.

Users who are viewing this thread