Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Game not yet available on flipkart for preorder here in india, guess we will have to wait for few weeks.

Ill still be stunned if this comes out in 3 weeks! Genuinly hope so, but cant see it!

Then again how long would they leave it before telling customers their pre ordered game is delayed?

The evidence would suggest we're not looking at the final game.

You could be right, but its strange that just under 3 weeks before launch we are given screens that wont even be the finished product. Besides the keeper having no body would have nothing to do with the quality of graphics. That would be a programming error.

You could be right, but its strange that just under 3 weeks before launch we are given screens that wont even be the finished product. Besides the keeper having no body would have nothing to do with the quality of graphics. That would be a programming error.

What i dont get is all the secrecy no screenshots for ages..... Then we are given ones that have bugs etc in them?

Has to stil go down as the worst marketing campaign i have ever seen!!!

What i dont get is all the secrecy no screenshots for ages..... Then we are given ones that have bugs etc in them?

Has to stil go down as the worst marketing campaign i have ever seen!!!

all this shows that they were lagging behind in time with game completion and finishing and hence couldn't promote their game except with podcasts.

Yeah, but worst would be if game is released with such bugs. That is extreme pessimism lol

Last edited:

I totally agree. It's been a bizzare botch of marketing from the get go... but in my experience, the way things are sold and the way things are made are often two completely different things. I'm glad we got a look at the game (finally) and it looks good... but all jokes aside, it's bizarre you'd release backwards bats and invisible keepers into the public domain... as you point out, that's code, not a graphics error.

I guess that's the problem with setting a release date, rather than a completion date like the BigAnt guys have done. They have the luxury of tweaking and polishing their game while a release-date almost forces the hand of Trickstar to show something, even if it's not ready...

Perhaps low expectations is the marketing tactic.

And for 20 bucks, you'll get what you pay for. That's OK though - unless the game is astonishly bad, at least it won't be a rip-off. It will be a 20 dollar cricket game.

That's OK though - unless the game is astonishly bad, at least it won't be a rip-off. It will be a 20 dollar cricket game.
Indeed. On the other hand if it is a good game, then it will have been horribly let down by its marketing department.

The mainstream press' general lack of awareness of Big Ant's game helps Ashes Cricket though - a few of the Australian based press who would have played Big Ant's other sports titles have mentioned it, but most people would just assume that Ashes is the only game on the market.

There's also the ass-backwards marketing concept that if the game is delayed, Big Ant go out shove their game on the shelves on the 21st people will grab that, assuming it's the Ashes title...

I've had a look around some other non-cricket forums and there's genuine confusion as to what is the BigAnt title and what is the Ashes title. I've seen screens for both games in one article, etc. Part of that is down to the BigAnt title not having... A NAME.

So there's a bit of marketing blunders on both sides...

...but as you said, for $20 as long as it's playable and reasonable fun, then it's worth it, really.

Users who are viewing this thread