Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

A lot of confusion seems to come from the idiotic jokes about it looking 'like the Wii version' - which to some people might be interpreted as being from the Wii U version, which actually exists, unlike the Wii which was a clearly graphically substandard system.

PC is the 'lead platform' of the game - which means the console editions are ports of the PC game, which makes sense considering the PS4 and One are on an x86 arch.

The upside is that if you develop first for the PC, it makes games that are fairly scaleable - the console ports (like AC09 was) are always going to be graphically limited by the platform restraints. But for PC games, you can basically just chuck as much graphics power as you have on your PC at them. So if the screenshots are as I expect to be PC ones, then once someone with a really powerful PC gets the game they should be able to see just how good the graphics can get.

Thanks for that Matt - so no 'EA $port$ style' nonsense of fobbing the PC off with a substandard version. Very much looking forwards to this one!

Having said that, I'm growing increasingly wary about the lack of videos and/or playtest builds.

Last edited:
where the hell do you people plan on getting this game for $20? every store i know of will most likely be selling it for $100ish on day 1, you sneaky bastards

There's some Amazon.uk pre-order links in the FAQ where it's about ?14 which is about US$20 ...they ship to where I'm at, so it's a cheap deal. I noticed it's retailing on a NZ website for NZ$90 (laughs out loud)

Shop around...

...one to burn.

Kidding.

Not really.

There's some Amazon.uk pre-order links in the FAQ where it's about ?14 which is about US$20 ...they ship to where I'm at, so it's a cheap deal. I noticed it's retailing on a NZ website for NZ$90 (laughs out loud)

Shop around...

Do we know if there's going to be a demo?

No demo but as the game is out in 2 and a half weeks;) and the game is cheap, just go and buy it.

The cheap price has got me thinking. At full price, this game is not worth it. I'll have to check the system requirements first, but for that cost I might as well buy this to bridge the gap until Big Ant's game comes out.

The Best Online Reailer in India is Flipkart.

Get From Flipkart,when the game hits the market.

Ashes Cricket 2013 -: Flipkart.com

The Other Option is Game4u.com

My advice is anyone ordering in India get it from Flipkart.com..(Any Computer/Console Game).

Last edited:
The cheap price has got me thinking. At full price, this game is not worth it. I'll have to check the system requirements first, but for that cost I might as well buy this to bridge the gap until Big Ant's game comes out.

Just think about this idea, if ashes 2013 is average then we will get over it fast as we are used to it but if bigant cricket is a mess and lets be honest they have so many features that many could have so many faults that we get a cricket 07 again, up to the mod to make it work or needs so many patches it takes months for the game to be near what ross says it will be. I just hope both games do what they say they will do.:spy

No demo but as the game is out in 2 and a half weeks;) and the game is cheap, just go and buy it.

Why is it so cheap on PC though? I know PC games are cheaper than the consoles', but this is more than 50% less. Is this a pre-order offer, with the price likely to go up upon release? And why all the negativity about the game - have people here tested it? Or is it just down to years of disappointment (although I still maintain that AC09+ patch 2 on PC was an excellent cricket game).

From what I can tell, Amazon are selling the game the cheapest in the UK. ?14.99 with free delivery on PC.

From what I can tell, Amazon are selling the game the cheapest in the UK. ?14.99 with free delivery on PC.
Game have the same price, so it's not like some retailers are undercutting, this is the standard.

I did have to laugh that Game also listed AC09 at 12.99 for a new PC copy. Hmm...

As I mentioned in the big long thread arguing about piracy and the price of the game in India - as a digital product, the only thing that gives the game its value is the price you set. As a consumer, I'm happy to pay to have the developers supported, I'm not happy to pay to subsidise cut prices in other countries - in this case that country seems to be the UK.

And why all the negativity about the game - have people here tested it?
The price thing was a major hit to my confidence in the game. If you have a good product you price it as such. You certainly can't afford to patch the game if you're selling it for nothing - and the bad initial reviews will be already out there.

My previous confidence in the product was because I still think despite flaws IC2010 is the best cricket game on the market, so I know Trickstar can pull it off.

But if you then decide to sell the end product for $20 new, then that to me suggests the only way you think the game will sell is being at a 'why not' price tag, to sit along with the games I've gotten in Steam sales that I never play.

I wonder how much they'd be selling it for if the Big Ant game didn't exist

if you order is not 25 GBP or more, you will not get free shipping on amazon (except prime members).

but Zavvi & Hut offer free shipping to europe. just saying :)

Users who are viewing this thread