Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

It all depends. If I pay USD 60 for a game and then am expected to pay for DLCs I would be pretty upset, but if the game is reasonably priced (say USD 50) then I would pay up to USD 5-10 for DLCs. At the end of the day it's all about the value you place on the product and for me a decent cricket game should be priced same as FIFA or Madden and I am willing to pay that amount (USD 60) either with or without DLCs.

But as you rightly mentioned I would expect the game to function as touted when I purchase it, and wouldn't want to pay for fixes like IC 2010's broken online gameplay.

For me it depends what the content is, measured against the price (countered by the initial price).
Blood Dragon is a totally new package laid on top of Far Cry 3, and is essentially a completely different experience 6 months later (or more!) that they've developed after the fact. I'll pay for that.
Launching a game at normal RRP and there's map packs etc already available for a extra fee? That to me smells like they cut some content out and want more money to unlock it. THAT I find a bit on the nose.

For me it depends what the content is, measured against the price (countered by the initial price).
Blood Dragon is a totally new package laid on top of Far Cry 3, and is essentially a completely different experience 6 months later (or more!) that they've developed after the fact. I'll pay for that.
Launching a game at normal RRP and there's map packs etc already available for a extra fee? That to me smells like they cut some content out and want more money to unlock it. THAT I find a bit on the nose.

but surely, if any game in particular has broken elements in their AI or any sort of issues on day one release, i would not want to pay anything extra, only due to the fact that i should have a reasonable working game out of the box.

This has to be one of the strangest marketing campaign in the history of video games.There are some things that are really hard for me to understand.If anyone can then please enlighten me on the following issues:

1.There are no system requirements available.
2.We are still unsure about the release date.
3.Trailer and game play videos are nowhere to be seen.

On the other hand,505 games have released numerous trailers and gameplay videos of payday 2(which is set to release on 15th august).That brings me to my last issue,which is,

4.Biased towards payday 2 and completely neglecting ashes 13.

I think we are saying the same thing, i.e. we would always pay a certain amount for a game (say $x). I am fine with either approach...

1. Game priced at $x right at the outset and works as claimed, and no additional DLCs to be paid for in the near future.
2. Game priced at $y and paid DLCs for $z as long as x>=y+z. But the DLC should not be a bug-fix which makes the original game unplayable.

I do think it's reasonable offering additional, *optional* content at a cost... But there's a big difference between that and exploitative practise, which sadly I see examples of in lots of places (although to be fair fairly rare in console games).

Agreed - that sort of DLC I don't mind, but stuff that should be in the game from the off, that's a different story.

Anyway, when are we going to see a proper gameplay video? I'm not putting any cash down until I see one...

I can't find it for anywhere under 30 quid on PS3 which is what I paid for FIFA 13 so I don't understand the problem.

Will there be any leagues like BBL or county seasons or EN/AUS domestic cricket?

Just 2 1/2 week remaining still no gameplay video, PC requirement spec. I don't know what is going on

2 days back I realised I was spending too much of my time on PC and there were the same discussionS and requests about gameplay videos,there was not much happening. So, I decided that I will visit this page on the alternate days.
and now I check this page every 15-20 minutes to see if I was right:facepalm

@ Chief
Have you had matches playing the game where AI has pushed you to the limit or made you work hard at least?

Hey chief, I want to ask will there be an option to have the camera like this for edges; Lets Play - Cricket 12 [Modded Cricket 07] NZ Vs Canada 1st Innings With Commentary - YouTube

As you can see when an edge happens the cam zooms out a bit but doesn't change too much just enough to fit in the slips like in real life, it would be really nice to have a camera like this when the ball is edged instead of cinematic stuff? thanks!

I agree - I hated the way the view cut to a third person view of the slip fielder in AC 09. Just do what the TV does!

----------

Just 2 1/2 week remaining still no gameplay video, PC requirement spec. I don't know what is going on

Yep. An Ashes game is a big deal - this has got to be the single worst marketing effort in the lead up to any game ever. No videos, no specs, not a damn thing!

I agree - I hated the way the view cut to a third person view of the slip fielder in AC 09. Just do what the TV does!

----------

Yep. An Ashes game is a big deal - this has got to be the single worst marketing effort in the lead up to any game ever. No videos, no specs, not a damn thing!

5 screenshots and a lot of promise.:D

This has to be one of the strangest marketing campaign in the history of video games.There are some things that are really hard for me to understand.If anyone can then please enlighten me on the following issues:

1.There are no system requirements available.
2.We are still unsure about the release date.
3.Trailer and game play videos are nowhere to be seen.

On the other hand,505 games have released numerous trailers and gameplay videos of payday 2(which is set to release on 15th august).That brings me to my last issue,which is,

4.Biased towards payday 2 and completely neglecting ashes 13.

^^^I Totally agree.. I have decided not to buy this game for the way we have been treated . ...totally un professionalism... :facepalm

^^^I Totally agree.. I have decided not to buy this game for the way we have been treated . ...totally un professionalism... :facepalm

:lol:lol:lol:lol Where's that "rolling on the floor laughing my @$$ off" smiley :lol And all this time I thought my GF was touchy :)

Users who are viewing this thread