Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I've had a look around some other non-cricket forums and there's genuine confusion as to what is the BigAnt title and what is the Ashes title. I've seen screens for both games in one article, etc. Part of that is down to the BigAnt title not having... A NAME.
This is my favourite article, three screenshots, IC2010, AC09, AC09 on the Wii

Can you think of better ways to spend $20? If you can, wait for reviews.
As i said cricket games are always special to me,but i expected decent game even an update of ashes 09 would be better instead of dropping features which are reasonably good in ashes 09.I expected they will add extra features to the game and make good AI but surprisingly they removing features.Are they trying to make a moderate game for 20$ as there are no cricket games to sell it,if thats the attitude to make cricket games then why should they ask suggestions in forums and create website to get views from community and fans if they r not gonna consider those :facepalm
But still i buy it but dissapointed with the developers attitude of creating cricket games.

While I understand the disappointment in the auto-catching, you've still got full control over every other aspect, so the price point is basically 10 bucks a feature, Heh. 10 bucks to bat, 10 bucks to bowl and you get the fielding done for free.

As i said cricket games are always special to me,but i expected decent game even an update of ashes 09 would be better instead of dropping features which are reasonably good in ashes 09.
It's a tough position for them. There might well be a market for a game based on IC2010 if it came out before Big Ant, but even if they hadn't started again they'd probably still have a massive features deficit.

Starting again to get rid of what was plainly broken made sense - but we've had enough 'good foundations for improvement' over the years.

While I understand the disappointment in the auto-catching, you've still got full control over every other aspect, so the price point is basically 10 bucks a feature, Heh. 10 bucks to bat, 10 bucks to bowl and you get the fielding done for free.
I'm not worrying about price i'm ready to pay 30$ too if they gonna give good solid game with some creative features.But they releasing a game that has nothing new minus features that too after creating 2games thats dissapointing me mostly.But still 20bucks is reasonable if not cheap for a new cricket game at this moment for me.

It's a tough position for them. There might well be a market for a game based on IC2010 if it came out before Big Ant, but even if they hadn't started again they'd probably still have a massive features deficit.
Starting again to get rid of what was plainly broken made sense - but we've had enough 'good foundations for improvement' over the years.
Thats what i hoped when they announced ashes 13 as they already made a game so i was hoped that they will make a solid game with improvements over last editions but looking like they din't changed much and removed some features too.

Have you read this thread properly? Or at least did you read any info? They started from scratch, they did not have the old code. So they probably had no chance of a high feature list.

To clarify, will all formats be getting exactly the same version, whether it be a PS3, PS4 or PC?

To clarify, will all formats be getting exactly the same version, whether it be a PS3, PS4 or PC?
A lot of confusion seems to come from the idiotic jokes about it looking 'like the Wii version' - which to some people might be interpreted as being from the Wii U version, which actually exists, unlike the Wii which was a clearly graphically substandard system.

PC is the 'lead platform' of the game - which means the console editions are ports of the PC game, which makes sense considering the PS4 and One are on an x86 arch.

The upside is that if you develop first for the PC, it makes games that are fairly scaleable - the console ports (like AC09 was) are always going to be graphically limited by the platform restraints. But for PC games, you can basically just chuck as much graphics power as you have on your PC at them. So if the screenshots are as I expect to be PC ones, then once someone with a really powerful PC gets the game they should be able to see just how good the graphics can get.

where the hell do you people plan on getting this game for $20? every store i know of will most likely be selling it for $100ish on day 1, you sneaky bastards

where the hell do you people plan on getting this game for $20? every store i know of will most likely be selling it for $100ish on day 1, you sneaky bastards
Ashes Cricket 2013 | Video Ezy

I believe that's an Australian retailer doing imports, but you could try your luck on an in store price match considering it is a known company.

not want this time

if any bowler conceded more and more over in his automatically cpu replaced the bowler and second australia have 2 dress and last presentation ceremony

if any bowler conceded more and more over in his automatically cpu replaced the bowler and second australia have 2 dress and last presentation ceremony

biggs your friend returns :p :D :D

----------

Yeah, the major retailers still have it near the original RRP.

matt i want to get the game on 21st itself in india. in Which website i can pre order

matt i want to get the game on 21st itself in india. in Which website i can pre order
All I know about India is that Origin Games should be the distributor, contact them to ask about when/where you can pre-order.

Your choices are generally paying more to get it on release day, or waiting and saving money.

Users who are viewing this thread