Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Just received an official message from BT games in South Africa that the release date has changed and is to be announced!

Ashes Cricket 2013, 505 Games, Games - kalahari.com

Kalahari in South Africa have completely removed the release date.
When I pre ordered Ashes the orginal date 21/06/2013 was stipulated.
So it might just be speculation but I do get the feeling the game might be slightly delayed.

well the screens might be wrong, but BT games is really accurate with their release dates, like Rugby challenge 2 is coming out Friday, and why will Kalahari and BT games in SA be wrong with the delay? I know South Africa is a third world country but we are not so far behind regarding the gaming industry!

well the screens might be wrong, but BT games is really accurate with their release dates, like Rugby challenge 2 is coming out Friday, and why will Kalahari and BT games in SA be wrong with the delay? I know South Africa is a third world country but we are not so far behind regarding the gaming industry!

Yeah looking forward to playing RC 2 will keep me busy until the release of AC13.

Yeah looking forward to playing RC 2 will keep me busy until the release of AC13.

ye from the reviews and people who played it they say it is much better, would have loved to have cricket in my hands by next weekend but that is now obviously not going to happen

I was saving money for AC'13 but now I am obviously not buying it - at least not in the foreseeable future - as I am now going to buy the Last of Us of PS3.

"The old versions put me off a little bit because they felt too much like a videogame," leads Joshua Fegan, a PR rep for 505 Games. It's at this point that he introduces Behind Batsman View; a tightly fixed third-person view designed expressly to replicate the feeling of facing down a bowler. "When you're batting and you're waiting for the ball to come, it's very nerve-wracking. [Behind Batsman View] kind of keeps you on your toes, which is awesome." While fielder positions are still represented with a radar on the HUD, the batsman can pivot around with this camera setting so as to actually view the fielders from his perspective. Of course, 505 has also implemented a Behind Bowler View for a similar effect.

That, I like.

Previously, bowling had been treated as something of a basic mini game. Now Ashes 2013 requires an understanding and command of the line, length and pitch of the ball in order to deliver successfully.

Also new to Ashes 2013 is degradation to both the pitch and the ball. It's not merely aesthetic; wear and tear eventually affects the bowling delivery, and it's something that batsmen and bowlers alike must bear in mind as a match progresses. It also affords the bowler more attacking opportunities with which to mix up their strategy.

Good, good.

Ashes 2013 also introduces dynamic environments to the series, which includes everything from the weather throughout a match right through to the nature of the crowd. At the start of a match, for instance, the stadium might be mostly empty, but the seats will fill as the game progresses and things get down to the wire. Weather patterns are random, and rain, for instance, could set in unexpectedly at any time.

Attention to detail always gets a tick in my book.

Nice article, but sadly nothing that sheds any light on... gameplay!

----------

I got RC2 yesterday...its good fun!

Is that league or International Rugby?

Rugby Union!

----------

Finally...some hope! :thumbs :cheers

Sorry... I mean it is England v New Zealand, or Wigan vs Leeds (I'm not really up with their latest nicknames. ;) ) I've been hoping for a decent International Rugby game for a long time - I can't remember the name of the last really good one I played, but it might well have been back on the Commodore 64. So we're talking a long time here. ;)

Sorry... I mean it is England v New Zealand, or Wigan vs Leeds (I'm not really up with their latest nicknames. ;) ) I've been hoping for a decent International Rugby game for a long time - I can't remember the name of the last really good one I played, but it might well have been back on the Commodore 64. So we're talking a long time here. ;)

It has both international teams AND club teams....!

The ol' commodore 64.....loved that machine! :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread