Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

:thumbs
Received Game newsletter today, they are still expecting it to come out next week.

Nice find, I also believe that is a new screenshot, looks a little like ashes 2009 but the detail and the way he is holding the bat is new. Stilling hoping.

----------

I will buy the game after considering the reviews of the following 3 members:

• MattW - despite bing a moderator, he has demonstrated his impartiality and I am confident that I will get a fair review
  • Sami ullah khan - because he speaks clearly and I have the utmost respect for his opinions on cricket gaming
  • 79cricket - even though he is naive, he is passionate about cricket gaming and I want to hear what he says

There is a lot I want to check out, I plan on going though all the faults of the last 2 games and seeing if they are gone first.
1. Short pitch bowling.
2. Yorker for 6.
3 AI in test matches and other modes.
4. Field settings for the ai.
5. AI, did I say AI.;)
6. How the spinners bowl.
7. No balls.
8. Online mode.
9. Physics all though the game.
10. Animations for batting,bowling, fielding, well everything.

If the game is out next week I will see if these have been fixed and well just enjoying playing a new cricket game, they don't come out everyday do they.:D

p.s I'm Na?ve.:rolleyes I just try to look on the positive with cricket games, still 505 games marketing team need to be fired and replaced with well anyone. How about you MattW.:p

I think that you're a wee bit naive if you think that the game will be out as planned next week for all systems. As someone who has pre-ordered the game; I want it to be out on the 21st; but for console buyers I am 90% sure that it will not be!

If anyone is interested; Zavvi messaged me back confirming a delay in the release date for console gamers...

e: I don't think that anyone has a 100% release date for anything but the PC version; Zavvi say late June, ASDA say late July; some say TBA without a month - its definitely delayed; but by how much, nobody knows!

Last edited:
^^^
One source had the release date as Sep 2013.

I think that you're a wee bit naive if you think that the game will be out as planned next week for all systems. As someone who has pre-ordered the game; I want it to be out on the 21st; but for console buyers I am 90% sure that it will not be!

If anyone is interested; Zavvi messaged me back confirming a delay in the release date for console gamers...

e: I don't think that anyone has a 100% release date for anything but the PC version; Zavvi say late June, ASDA say late July; some say TBA without a month - its definitely delayed; but by how much, nobody knows!

Who knows what will happen next week on the 21st mate, if the console versions are there then all the last month or 2 has been nothing but rumours.
p.s Only 505 games knows the truth, I believe chief has gone. I don't see him coming back. Chief am I wrong.:wave

----------

^^^

They are all guessing just like us.:clap

Who knows what will happen next week on the 21st mate, if the console versions are there then all the last month or 2 has been nothing but rumours.
p.s Only 505 games knows the truth, I believe chief has gone. I don't see him coming back. Chief am I wrong.:wave

----------

Your naivety is laughable. Established retailers like Zavvi/Hut/Asda/play-asia etc. don't push back the date based on a "guess", especially when they have to make money off the product. I assumed you would know as you run your own business :rolleyes

^^^

It won't be September; it'll be late June/July or November to ensure they get the Ashes crowd this year - September is the worst month to release a cricket game in the UK... Then again, 505 Games are not the most sensible people in the world...

I'm going by what the people who are selling me the game as telling me - if they don't know; then that's not the fault of the retailer!

Retailers shouldn't be guessing about the release date of a game - the publishers should tell them when its coming out; and then tell them about any delays. If they're having to guess about the date; that's the fault of 505; not the retailers for not keeping them informed!

I'm sorry if I'm too angry about this; but I think that its a complete disgrace for a company to not tell its customers what is happening to the product they've bought so close to release. I'm doing it not to bash the game or developers because I want too; but because they're taking people's money for something that hasn't got a certified release date agreed with all retailers and not telling their customers about any changes to their plans - which is completely wrong!

It won't be September; it'll be late June/July or November to ensure they get the Ashes crowd this year - September is the worst month to release a cricket game in the UK... Then again, 505 Games are not the most sensible people in the world...

I'm going by what the people who are selling me the game as telling me - if they don't know; then that's not the fault of the retailer!

Retailers shouldn't be guessing about the release date of a game - the publishers should tell them when its coming out; and then tell them about any delays. If they're having to guess about the date; that's the fault of 505; not the retailers for not keeping them informed!

I'm sorry if I'm too angry about this; but I think that its a complete disgrace for a company to not tell its customers what is happening to the product they've bought so close to release. I'm doing it not to bash the game or developers because I want too; but because they're taking people's money for something that hasn't got a certified release date agreed with all retailers and not telling their customers about any changes to their plans - which is completely wrong!

Yes it's been disgrace full stop, 505 games has been the single worse publisher I have ever seen, maybe worse than ea sports. It does not help that chief has gone from pc for like 2 weeks also but at the same time I am getting sick of talking about maybe this and maybe that. On the 21st we will know for sure, till that day comes it's all in the air. p.s I will eat humble pie on the 21st if there is no cricket game, well a Gone4Aduck,Captain oz,lee1981 and any other member that likes to give me crap pie. Also you cricket online.:rolleyes

----------

Your naivety is laughable. Established retailers like Zavvi/Hut/Asda/play-asia etc. don't push back the date based on a "guess", especially when they have to make money off the product. I assumed you would know as you run your own business :rolleyes

I do not own my own business cricket online, I am a boss sure but I also answer to higher people like most people do. Let's try to keep it nice till the 21st and if I am wrong then ok, I am big enough to accept when I am wrong. p.s Thumps up if you are getting a new cricket game next week.:thumbs:rolleyes

Nice find, I also believe that is a new screenshot, looks a little like ashes 2009 but the detail and the way he is holding the bat is new. Stilling hoping.
I'm fairly sure that is Ashes 2009/IC2010 - there's a 3 mobile logo on the Australian kit!

Edit - yep, AC09:
ashescricket2009_hughesbatting03.jpg

I emailed shopto who emailed me back to say they will have the game on Tuesday and will be sent out the same day

Good news! :cheers

They have a very good track record of sending out games early.

we all would want 505 to prove us wrong by releasing on 21st of this month... never seen a confused game release like this before...:D

Because there's massive confusion out there between the old game and the new game due to a complete lack of promotional image presence. Even in the screens they have released, there's no "Ashes" branding on them.

Following is from 505's wikipedia page
505 Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The company has been criticized for their unclear publishing methods particularly regarding niche Japanese titles; the PAL-versions of Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia, Raw Danger! and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for example are officially released, but seem to have seen such a limited release only in France and Italy that many people are unsure of their very existence. Wild Arms 5 on the other hand has been announced at first for 30 November 2007, then been delayed until 22 February 2008, only to be released on 11 April 2008 in such limited quantities as the before mentioned games. Its predecessor Wild Arms 4 was also published by 505 Games, but suffered from a bug that would make the game crash if played in 50 Hz-mode. In early 2010, 505 Games has been criticized by customers for failing to release a game-fixing patch for the Xbox 360 version of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, even though the same patch was released for the PS3 version. Comments by the developers of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey reveal that the patch has reportedly been finished, but has been sitting in limbo for months awaiting approval. This approval delay was most likely a result of the 1st party Microsoft approval process for updates and bug-fixes. This company is currently attempting to release Terraria on PS3, even though 505 Games released Terraria on it's release date, it ended up being half broken. 505 Games is currently working "every Possible hour" into fixing the game as soon as possible, as this was quoted by 505 Games on the Terraria Forums.

I guess its their norm to do $h!ty marketing, make poor games, then crawl back into the hole they came from, & reemerge when they have some other $h!ty things to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread