Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Sod's bloody law. The moment I start getting myself a career and have no free time it sounds (I stress sounds) like there could be a quality cricket game on the horizon.

I don't care if it has cheerleaders, 20/20 licenses, official commentators or any superficial rubbish which EA thought they could constantly throw at us. I just want a game where I get challenged both with bat and ball.

sup fazzy.

I love how a cricket game brings everybody out of the woodwork

LOL yes. Time to come out of my cave

In IC2010 the variety of pitches seemed to have a minimal impact on the game. If I played a game in Asia, I never felt like the pitch was much quicker if I played a game in Brisbane after.

In Ashes Cricket 2013, will there be an effort to have a wider variety of pitches and weather conditions to add more variety to the way you have to bat or bowl?

Sod's bloody law. The moment I start getting myself a career and have no free time it sounds (I stress sounds) like there could be a quality cricket game on the horizon.

I don't care if it has cheerleaders, 20/20 licenses, official commentators or any superficial rubbish which EA thought they could constantly throw at us. I just want a game where I get challenged both with bat and ball.

I second that opinion.

----------

@Chief,
Is it possible for Ashes Cricket game to have a slider based system for difficulties instead of the standard "Easy", "Medium", 'Hard" difficulty levels? For example take a look at the Madden NFL series where you can have slider setting for so many items/attributes/areas on top of the "Rookie", "Pro", "All Pro" and "All Madden" settings. Lower settings makes the game ideal for casual gamers who love arcadey sort of games while at the highest level the AI is almost impossible to stop/beat. And for those who want to tailor the game as per their needs they can fall back on sliders.

If Ashes Cricket has the same sort of system where at "Novice" level anyone can play the game and at "Elite" level even the hardcore cricket fans find it tough to beat the AI, it would be a job well done. Plus sliders for catching, fielding, batting, bowling, running, slogging etc. can add a new dimension to the game.

Hi mr.chief. I don't know if this is the best thread for you to see this, but I'll try anyway! Are you going to have a save online option this time?
After all. Your game is based around the ashes. If your trying to promote test cricket then you should know its impossible to play an online test in one sitting.
As someone that has no interest in t20 matches, I will be disappointed once again if there is no "simple" option to be able to save an online game. Thanks.

I second that opinion.

----------

@Chief,
Is it possible for Ashes Cricket game to have a slider based system for difficulties instead of the standard "Easy", "Medium", 'Hard" difficulty levels? For example take a look at the Madden NFL series where you can have slider setting for so many items/attributes/areas on top of the "Rookie", "Pro", "All Pro" and "All Madden" settings. Lower settings makes the game ideal for casual gamers who love arcadey sort of games while at the highest level the AI is almost impossible to stop/beat. And for those who want to tailor the game as per their needs they can fall back on sliders.

If Ashes Cricket has the same sort of system where at "Novice" level anyone can play the game and at "Elite" level even the hardcore cricket fans find it tough to beat the AI, it would be a job well done. Plus sliders for catching, fielding, batting, bowling, running, slogging etc. can add a new dimension to the game.

Yes, I agree. Those sliders can change everything - also look at Fifa...

Hi mr.chief. I don't know if this is the best thread for you to see this, but I'll try anyway! Are you going to have a save online option this time?
After all. Your game is based around the ashes. If your trying to promote test cricket then you should know its impossible to play an online test in one sitting.
As someone that has no interest in t20 matches, I will be disappointed once again if there is no "simple" option to be able to save an online game. Thanks.

Hey, if you don't have the patience for an 18 hour gaming session with no intervals...

I kid, I kid... :)

I think this was discussed on another thread or other at some point. It's actually a more complex procedure to save the game status online than you might think believe it or not. All I can say is that we'd love to put it in there, and are experimenting with a variety of ways to achieve it.

----------

Yes, I agree. Those sliders can change everything - also look at Fifa...

The big issue here is testing/balancing: it's a lot easier to ensure that 3 or 4 difficulty levels are balanced properly and give the best possible experience than having a slider with many more permutations.

Regarding thoughts on difficulty, I also posted this in another thread:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...rum/wishlist-thread-81566-16.html#post2397038

Hey chief
Have you had anymore thoughts on the player editor, I think it's quite a big part of the game for most of us.
Extensive appearance editor and no restrictions on abilities offline of course would be top of my wishlist?

We think so. Spydercam is the only one that really stood out for me as something we hadn't anticipated that will be work. That's Xmas cancelled. ;)

----------

Hey chief
Have you had anymore thoughts on the player editor, I think it's quite a big part of the game for most of us.
Extensive appearance editor and no restrictions on abilities offline of course would be top of my wishlist?

The latter - Yes. The former - Depends on your definition of "Extensive"... It can certainly say that it will be more sophisticated than previous versions though.

----------

In IC2010 the variety of pitches seemed to have a minimal impact on the game. If I played a game in Asia, I never felt like the pitch was much quicker if I played a game in Brisbane after.

In Ashes Cricket 2013, will there be an effort to have a wider variety of pitches and weather conditions to add more variety to the way you have to bat or bowl?

The pitches and weather definitely influenced the behaviour of the ball in previous titles, but it wasn't exposed to the user properly, which we'll be trying to address this time around.
It's a very subtle effect, as it is in real life, but one that you really notice if you can see numbers to show it off: Not to get too nerdy about it (I can if you like!) but in real life the effects of the pitch condition (except when at either end of the spectrum) are barely noticeable to the eye, and only truly understandable to viewers after analysis, replays etc etc.

I'm sure some will disagree with that but, as always, if you're going to challenge that please bring facts with you to back it up and prove me wrong. :)

I don't care about Spydercam as long as important rules are changed (powerplays, short delivers, Day/Night Tests)

No-balls (All formats)
After every dismissal that is not permitted off a no-ball, and subject to the availability of technology, the third umpire will check for a foot fault and advise the on-field umpire accordingly over a two-way radio.
You can ignore this too, too much of waste of time after wicket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfreddie
Hey chief

The latter - Yes. The former - Depends on your definition of "Extensive"... It can certainly say that it will be more sophisticated than previous versions though.

Oh thats good, must say I was pretty dissapointed with the IC10 editor, I'm not expecting it to be out of this world, but just to be able to create faces and hair styles to fairly accurately resemble our favourite cricketers would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread