Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Are you going to have a variable crowd atmosphere? If not then here's a suggestion :-
The crowd can be really quiet at times, like when test matches are going on and nobody is really hitting, or when two extremely boring batsmen are batting and not really making runs through boundaries. They can cheer like crazy when batsmen go berserk and hit sixes consistently (Chris Gayle), and most of them out of the ground. A variable crowd atmosphere will surely be something that;s going to make the game more realistic.
One more thing, is there going to be a variable crowd number? Maybe in a match between two minnows, there may be a small crowd, or like test matches between two not-so-good nations.

All of this will surely drain a lot of system power and considerably grow the game's size but I believe it is worth it. Anyone who wants to play this would surely like a realistic game.

HOT on the heels of the GTA trailer released today, the first dev diary is due imminently. I wanted a countdown timer etc, but apparently our video is slightly less anticipated... I'll post when it goes up.

SPOILERS: features mostly two dudes talking about making a cricket game. Less explosions than that other trailer.

HOT on the heels of the GTA trailer released today, the first dev diary is due imminently. I wanted a countdown timer etc, but apparently our video is slightly less anticipated... I'll post when it goes up.

SPOILERS: features mostly two dudes talking about making a cricket game. Less explosions than that other trailer.
Can we play as 3 protag?

3 protagonists? PAH!
In our game you have ELEVEN playable protagonists.

BETTER THAN GTA (just under 4x).

Now featuring all new career mode. Work your way up through the criminal ranks bribing top officials and fixing matches.

Now featuring all new career mode. Work your way up through the criminal ranks bribing top officials and fixing matches.

Awesome. This tag line should be on the front of the Gold box that the game comes in :yes

Hi chief

Cool new GTA 5 trailer and ashes 2013 dev diary.
Two guys talking about cricket, cool i love to hear it.
p.s We are all gamer so what did everyone think of GTA 5 trailer ?:spy

Hi chief

Cool new GTA 5 trailer and ashes 2013 dev diary.
Two guys talking about cricket, cool i love to hear it.
p.s We are all gamer so what did everyone think of GTA 5 trailer ?:spy

In the industry there is much cynicism... but it looks pretty good to me! San Andreas was probably my favourite outing so far, so it can be no bad thing returning there.

This is usually the point in the console cycle where Rockstar smash one out the park: considering that they've already done that this generation (and 2 years ago now!) this should be very, VERY special.

Enough of GTA. Any news about the game. It has been long since any news has surfaced from your side Chief.

I second that, dev dairy today or tmr and trailer for
tabletop cricket.:D

It's been a long wait for cricket and now we have 3 games coming
and cricket games and GTA have one thing in common, the wait
for news has been so so long.:cheers

Chief, will we be able to set up a custom tour on this game? Say 3 tests, 3 odi's and a t20? And assign grounds to each match? And if you won the series, could we have more than 9 players cheering? I'm sure both AC09 and IC10 had just 9 players celebrating.
And also just an idea that's sprung into my mind. How about being able to set the weather for all 5 days of a test? This would add that little bit more importance to the toss. Knowing it was going to be dry and sunny for 2 days then become overcast for day 3 would make winning the toss actually mean something.
Or if your planning on making the weather random, how about at the start of the match we see a 5 day weather forecast? The thought of knowing that EVERY session of EVERY test was going to be exactly 30 overs with no exceptions, doesn't fill me with much promise. :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread