Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Learning from MLB The Show

Have the developers played MLB The Show?

The bat and ball physics are amazingly realistic with fielding also being ultra accessible but no doddle.

Will the team be looking at implementing a similar level of physical realism into the game?

The bat and ball physics are amazingly realistic with fielding also being ultra accessible but no doddle.

Will the team be looking at implementing a similar level of physical realism into the game?

Hey hey, hello stranger.!!

MLB The Show sets the standard: It's a wonderful game.

I'ma bit worried that you've completely scrapped the IC2010 engine. The game engine was a great starting point for sequels to build on.

With a completely new engine for 2013, arent you essentially going back to square one?

I'ma bit worried that you've completely scrapped the IC2010 engine. The game engine was a great starting point for sequels to build on.

With a completely new engine for 2013, arent you essentially going back to square one?

Sometimes to get away from the constraints imposed by the system in place and to build something new you have to start from the scratch. As long as the developers have the learnings from Ashes Cricket 09 & International Cricket 2010, and know what worked and what didn't there's no reason to believe that a new engine will not be better than the previous titles.

The physics emgine is amazing.

Might be worthwhile asking if SCE San Diego can help you guys in any way in terms of the physics.

Ahem. Admittedly it's not a phone call that I've made... But that kind of thing doesn't really generally happen. :)

Does the outfield affect gameplay? Faster outfields get you more 4s and 1s and less 2s and 3s; the opposite for slower ones, while the wet fields affect fielding.
Plus what about the dew factor?

Does the outfield affect gameplay? Faster outfields get you more 4s and 1s and less 2s and 3s; the opposite for slower ones, while the wet fields affect fielding.
Plus what about the dew factor?

Yep. Dew affects all aspects of the game, and all of the playing area dries according to the weather conditions/temperature of the day. Obviously this varies from location to location.

Dew affects all aspects of the game, and all of the playing area dries according to the weather conditions/temperature of the day. Obviously this varies from location to location.

Was it there in AC09? :spy

Yep. Dew affects all aspects of the game, and all of the playing area dries according to the weather conditions/temperature of the day. Obviously this varies from location to location.

Thumbsup for coming up with that one. I was playing A09 yesterday and the one thing that annoyed me was the AI running and aggression. Has this been addressed ?

Another suggestion that i would like to make is in terms of bowling which has been awfull in all the previous games.

1. instead of selecting a outsing/In swing, rather at maybe "Hard" Level ask the player to set the angle of direction of the seam.

Seam facing towards 2nd slip / Gully/ Leg slip will create different swings. The ability of the player to adjust that for a particular bowler will be harder as the skills and form of the players is lower.

Also, the release of the ball is important with respect to the bowling crease. Let the player control when the bowler will release the ball,

Late release = No ball with the ball landing fuller for full ball and shorter for short ball
Early = Comparatively slower ball with the ball landing shorter for fuller balls and much shorter for short balls.

I think these 2 aspects of release and seam position could really add variety to the gameplay.

The AI should also use this variety while bowling.

So rain and real wind plus dew on the grass, how about bad light.
Also can you shine the bowl on your clothes to make the ball move.
Your engine sounds great, is the engine 100% new or some small parts
from ic 2010 still there.

Thanks for the new news it's been quite lately chief.:yes
Also when are the questions you were talking about coming, end of this week ?

Cool. And that does mean bowling is going to be harder during such times, right?

Users who are viewing this thread