Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Do different bowlers have their own personal animations?

Do mean different player as the same style as their real counterparts? If that is the question the answer is no we have general bowling animations for fast,medium pace, spin, etc.... Back in the motion capture studio we could not use the actual Ashes players to capture their signature movements due to the risk of them getting injured especially when throwing themselves. Thankfully, Cricket Victoria came to the rescue and supplied us with a bunch great up & coming young guys to fill their shoes. Hopefully a few of them end up playing for Australia like young Ashton Agar!

Do You have Hobart as a stadium this time Mike.
PS also how have you improved the ai fielding placements in this game, in ic2010 when I was on 120 there was still 3 or 4 slips:facepalm, in test cricket you earn less slips when you start making runs. So if I am 5 for 50 vs say 5 for 450(200 run partnership) the fielders should be in the outfield trying to stop the 4s from flowing. Also if I have a batsmen in and a tailender it should be different this time. Thanks.:spy

It was the first game to have varying speeds for bowlers (but often unrealistic) and fluid batting. Batting was actually a joy in that game. I can't say the same about more recent games unfortunately.

Lets hope Big Ant Cricket 2014 or Ashes Cricket 2013 changes that :yes

Do You have Hobart as a stadium this time Mike.
PS also how have you improved the ai fielding placements in this game, in ic2010 when I was on 120 there was still 3 or 4 slips:facepalm, in test cricket you earn less slips when you start making runs. So if I am 5 for 50 vs say 5 for 450(200 run partnership) the fielders should be in the outfield trying to stop the 4s from flowing. Also if I have a batsmen in and a tailender it should be different this time. Thanks.:spy

Sorry, no Hobart stadium this time around much to Ricky Ponting's disappointment, who was a great ambassador for our previous cricket games. As previously stated as of next week I will be doing a weekly update of AC2013 game features so I don't want to spill all the beans right now.

----------

Lets hope Big Ant Cricket 2014 or Ashes Cricket 2013 changes that :yes

Totally agree!

Sorry, no Hobart stadium this time around much to Ricky Ponting's disappointment, who was a great ambassador for our previous cricket games. As previously stated as of next week I will be doing a weekly update of AC2013 game features so I don't want to spill all the beans right now.

We already have a couple of videos from Chief telling us about the field placements etc. So request you to take up the other remaining stuff rather than telling us about the same thing as the chief did :cheers

Seeing as the game is out in November, are you thinking of changing the name to ashes 2014 or no because you already have posters up and they are not free. PS Unless you sell a lot of kitchens this month(sorry could not help myself:rolleyes) PS No Hobart, any chance we will get it in future DLC ?

Seeing as the game is out in November, are you thinking of changing the name to ashes 2014 or no because you already have posters up and they are not free. PS Unless you sell a lot of kitchens this month(sorry could not help myself:rolleyes) PS No Hobart, any chance we will get it in future DLC ?

We will stick with Ashes 2013 as both Ashes tournaments start in 2013 even the Australian return ashes will run into 2014. Either way two big summers of cricket but probably not so good for Australian fans like myself but we had it good for a very long time. We do have Hobart on the list but we have our hands full finishing this game right now so it will unfortunately remain on the list for awhile longer.

----------

We already have a couple of videos from Chief telling us about the field placements etc. So request you to take up the other remaining stuff rather than telling us about the same thing as the chief did :cheers

I'll take onboard your suggestion but I thought the vast majority of guys out there would want a complete update on all features and some not divulged yet :)

How come you can't have different bowling action when even AC09 had it?? We expect you to include good features from previous + extra features. Disappointed.:/

Aussies are going to win this third test mike. PS Thanks for answering so many questions all at once, not even ross does that but I guess he doesn't have to right.:D

How come you can't have different bowling action when even AC09 had it?? We expect you to include good features from previous + extra features. Disappointed.:/
When did he say that? He only meant they don't resemble to the real bowling actions of the bowlers. There ought to be generic ones!

Yep, 30 stadiums in total including all the licensed Ashes stadiums in England & Australia.

Which if you disclude the ten Ashes stadiums leaves twenty - for India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and the West Indies. That sounds wicked! :thumbs

When did he say that? He only meant they don't resemble to the real bowling actions of the bowlers. There ought to be generic ones!
Ah!OK! I thought it'll be one generic bowling action for different bowling types. BTW, I would like Mike to tell the no. of different bowling actions in game.
And there would be no player editor, right??

We have discussed with 505 Games all potential platforms for AC2013 but the reality we have to go with the most popular game platforms first. But I hear what you are saying about portable platforms.

Hello Mike. Were the PS4 & XBox-One brought up in the discussion too. If not are there chances of the game being ported to next generation consoles on some later date now that the release has been delayed till November?

Its hard to believe that you guys are having trouble to render a few screenshots with all the graphics turned on just to show us the capability of your game. There is no need of AI or animations in that. Just pure rendered static images?

Users who are viewing this thread